Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning Bike Brushes

Options
  • 01-01-2021 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

I did a search back on the above and there was a thread back in 2013 about it with different opinions on it ranging from putting them through a cycle in the dishwasher to soaking them in white spirits.
    Anyway, I have this problem at the minute probably because of the dirty roads and the amount of times I am having to clean the bike so I am just wondering what do other people use in the case

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

I wash them in the bucket of soapy water that I used to clean the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I'd never use brushes on a bike frame. I'd use a small dustpan brush on the rear cassette and it's never washed.

Hot soapy water and a sponge then a liberal wipe down with degreaser followed by oiling chain etc if I'm feeling eager

Advertisement