Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a lowering kit

Options
  • 01-01-2021 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭

Mate of mine is getting a nc750x dct and wants to lower it, anyone know a good lowering kit for this bike or any experience with kits on other bikes. I've not had to lower one myself so have no knowledge.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

I put on the lust lowering kit to my versys
    It just dropped back the shock an inch and !/2 therefore lowering the height of the seat

I then lowered the front forks via the clamp bolts by about same amount

There are also available lower seats

I did not notice any difference in handling after lowering but the V has a good ground clearance to begin with anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

It just dropped back the shock an inch and !/2 therefore lowering the height of the seat

I did not notice any difference in handling after lowering but the V has a good ground clearance to begin with anyway

I think the proper amount to adjust the forks is 5mm for every inch at the rear shock.
    I think.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

What brand is your kit? I presume you'd recommend them. Noted on the triple tree adjustment, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

zubair wrote: »
    What brand is your kit? I presume you'd recommend them. Noted on the triple tree adjustment, thanks for that.

Lust

And they also do a kit for your mates
    http://www.lustracing.co.uk/suspension/honda-nc750x-lowering-kits.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

LOL, I thought it was a typo haha. Brilliant cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Bought lust dog bones also for my NC. Easy to fit.

Advertisement