If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More advice

Options
  • 01-01-2021 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

My Pioneer receiver is playing up, it’s an old vsx I picked up from you guys some years back but switching between inputs now it picks up picture without sound. Sound might come through a few minutes later but very frustrating at this stage. Anyways, I’m not sure what direction to take now, I have a 3.1 setup with the receiver paired with an msw10 and pair of BX1’s, yes also old but still sound decent enough to me.

Question is will a new receiver work with my existing setup, not sure if the sub is active or passive to be honest. 

Other option would be to replace it all with a sound bar.

Budget around 300 or so, let me know what you recommend.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

declan_8 wrote: »
    My Pioneer receiver is playing up, it’s an old vsx I picked up from you guys some years back but switching between inputs now it picks up picture without sound. Sound might come through a few minutes later but very frustrating at this stage. Anyways, I’m not sure what direction to take now, I have a 3.1 setup with the receiver paired with an msw10 and pair of BX1’s, yes also old but still sound decent enough to me.

Question is will a new receiver work with my existing setup, not sure if the sub is active or passive to be honest. 

Hi Declan_8.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your receiver.

Your current speakers a spot on and would suit an new AV Receiver well.

You should check out the Denon AVRX550BT coming in at 279 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203321-denon-avrx550bt-av-receiver.aspx

You speakers and sub will connect straight into it and it is a more up to date unit that you currently have.
    It adds in things like Bluetooth and can process Dolby Vision and HLG.

This would be a nice upgrade.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭declan_8

Hi Declan_8.

You speakers and sub will connect straight into it and it is a more up to date unit that you currently have.

Looks like a good option and I was hoping I could keep the existing speakers as they work fine.

Will drop you a PM with my details.

Thanks again.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Declan_8.

Looks like a good option and I was hoping I could keep the existing speakers as they work fine.

Will drop you a PM with my details.

Thanks again.
    Cheers Declan_8.

We will drop you a call ASAP :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.