Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭b.gud

Bundee available for selection against Munster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Tom Farrell shoulder injury needs a surgical consultation. Guy has no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭testtech05

That's awful news, he had looked like getting back to his best in the first few games.....

Ya he is a magnificent player and we are a different type of attacking threat with him available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Yeah if we're going to play this less structured style in attack we really need his ability to beat a man in midfield or put other players into space. Hard to know who will be the answer at 13 with Farrell out, the other options are more comfortable at 12 imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭RonnieL

Ah that's bad news - love Tom. Fingers crossed it's not too serious, and thankfully not a recurrence of his previous injury.

it'sa few paragraphs down. Marmion with an ankle issue too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Ah **** that's brutal news for Farrell. He was a near ever-present for so long and then I think Toulouse away a couple of years put him on the sidelines for a long time.

Best wishes to him and hopefully he's back soon. He's a terrifically clever centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 s0677674

I'm a newbie to away day at Thomond Park. Any suggestions for a few pints before the game, where do the Connacht faithful usually congregate? Hopefully Farrell gets back soon, we have 3 great options at center with himself, Bundee and Daly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Connacht supporters usually head towards the Shannon side stand terrace. As far as pubs Ardhu Bar down near the Gaelic Grounds was a solid pre-Covid option with a reasonable outdoor covered section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

Team named 5 changes and a 6-2 split on bench

CONNACHT RUGBY MATCHDAY 23 VS MUNSTER RUGBY

Saturday 16th October, Thomond Park @ 19:35

Number/Name/Caps (* denotes uncapped)

15. Tiernan O’Halloran (193)

14. John Porch (42)

13. Sammy Arnold (19)

12. Bundee Aki (111)

11. Mack Hansen (3)

10. Jack Carty (162) (C)

9. Caolin Blade (133)

1. Matthew Burke (26)

2. Dave Heffernan (147)

3. Finlay Bealham (162)

4. Niall Murray (19)

5. Ultan Dillane (117)

6. Cian Prendergast (13)

7. Conor Oliver (23)

8. Paul Boyle (60)

16. Shane Delahunt (103)

17. Greg McGrath *

18. Jack Aungier (16)

19. Eoghan Masterson (111)

20. Abraham Papali’i (15)

21. Kieran Marmion (189)

22. Jarrad Butler (76)

23. Tom Daly (52)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

there isnt too many spots very close to the stadium but Ardhu is usually good spot to go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,323 ✭✭✭✭phog

I don't know where the Connacht fans meet up but The Woodfield and the Ardhu Bar are side by side on the Ennis Rd, then you have the Curragower and JJ Bowles overlooking the river , all are fairly popular pubs on match days. At the ground you have the Dugout Bar outside and once the gates open you have the Shannon and UL clubhouse bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Should be a stern test for Connacht. I would expect a better performance than what they showed last week. I reckon it will be close enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Not sure why Fifita has been left out of the team, I don't think he was injured? He's been an excellent like for like Quinn Roux replacement from what I've seen. Not seeing the logic in picking 2 back rows and a back row who can cover second row for the bench.

Not expecting a win, especially with the form Munster are in, but a backlash is badly needed from last week. Hopefully they can keep the scoreline tight to the last quarter then who knows what might happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

I wouldn't say he's been excellent, lost possession three times Vs the Dragons from what I remember , but yeah agree with your point. I'd say Dowling can feel more aggrieved to be left out based on form so far.

Munster are very short on ball carriers, but Im afraid they may absolutely demolish us at the breakdown with the amount of jackal threats in their team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

• Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Weather is manky. Carty needs to top class with his kicking otherwise it could get ugly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Playing well so far, unlucky not to get the try there. Bundee making yards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Fecking cheap yellow card. Could make the period before halt time fairly difficult.

Beirne clearly in front of the kicker there. I mean what on earth?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

How was that not checked? The worst offside miss I've seen in a long time

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Shocking miss by the TMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Soft try to give away. Should have held on to the ball.

Scandalous officiating that. Wasn't even difficult to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

WTF is the point of having a TMO if that gets given, pretty sure there was a clear forward pass from Haley to Earls in build up that frank murphy despite being ten metres away missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zeugnis

Poor officiating but a further fall in TOH's stock there, should have tidied up Conway's kick. Once Wooton is back I'd like to see Porch or Hansen at FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭OldRio

Did I miss something? That's offside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

It beggers belief that the TMO didn't check offside from a kick through.

Advertisement