Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

A team

Connacht RugbyCONNACHT RUGBY
    Connacht Eagles team named for Munster ‘A’ friendly at The Sportsground
    23 mins ago
    EAGLES

The Connacht Eagles side has been named for tomorrow’s interpro friendly at The Sportsground against Munster ‘A’.

The side features a mixture of Pro and Academy players who will be eager to pick up some game-time heading into an important part of the campaign.

Match updates will be posted on the Connacht Rugby Twitter page with match highlights to follow on our social channels.

CONNACHT EAGLES v MUNSTER ‘A’
    Friday 12th February, 13:00, The Sportsground

15. Conor Dean
    14. Diarmuid Kilgallen
    13. Shane Jennings
    12. Cathal Forde
    11. Oran McNulty
    10. Conor Fitzgerald
    9. Colm Reilly

1. Paddy McAllister
    2. Dylan Tierney-Martin
    3. Dominic Robertson-McCoy
    4. Cian Prendergast
    5. Darragh Murray
    6. Sean O’Brien
    7. Ciaran Booth
    8. Sean Masterson

Replacements from: Eoin de Buitlear, Charlie Ward, Conor Kenny, Hubert Costello, Oisin McCormack, Matthew Devine, Donnacha Byrne, Tiernan O’Halloran, Declan Adamson, Joshua Dunne, Diarmuid McCormack

Would really like to see this game streamed live. Three young tens getting a run out. Jennings starting. Lots of young back rows involved. Very exciting

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Wegians89 wrote: »
    Would really like to see this game streamed live. Three young tens getting a run out. Jennings starting. Lots of young back rows involved. Very exciting

No stream planned (Connacht twitter)

SOB :D

and SOB 2.0 rightly kept in the fridge, may have to start the next 5 games

• Registered Users Posts: 15 backcamslua

connachta wrote: »
    No stream planned (Connacht twitter)

SOB :D

and SOB 2.0 rightly kept in the fridge, may have to start the next 5 games
    SOB 2 is playing @#6 - Young SOB is a back??

SOB 2 is playing @#6 - Young SOB is a back??

Yes I meant good to see SOB 1 back again, and SOB 2 preserved for n°13

connachta wrote: »
    Yes I meant good to see SOB 1 back again, and SOB 2 preserved for n°13

Sob 2.0 is the ginger one but I think Connachta refers to them as Connacht only sobs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Did he not get promoted to SOB when SOB left the country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

Did he not get promoted to SOB when SOB left the country?

Got injured in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Must love hardship

Could Connacht go after Paddy Jackson if in the hunt for a outhalf.

Loan one of the young Irish outhalves to London irish for a years experience.. win win..

No fans currently allowed to protest.

Id personally be more interested in watching connacht playing if he was there. I'm sure alot more real rugby fans would be too.

The people who threaten to protest on twitter or Facebook probably have never been to a game anyway.

Loan one of the young Irish outhalves to London irish for a years experience.. win win..

Id personally be more interested in watching connacht playing if he was there. I'm sure alot more real rugby fans would be too.

The people who threaten to protest on twitter or Facebook probably have never been to a game anyway.

Won’t happen

Connachts brand is far too family and community friendly to go down that road. We've gone to really great lengths over the last decade getting sponsorship money in as well that there's no way that would be risked imo.. would be interesting though!

• Advertisement

Connachts brand is far too family and community friendly to go down that road. We've gone to really great lengths over the last decade getting sponsorship money in as well that there's no way that would be risked imo.. would be interesting though!

I'd prefer Olding! Great 10/12 profile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Must love hardship

I suppose... ye turned down sevu reeve actually didn't ye... but he pleaded guilty but wasnt given a conviction. He Would have been some addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zeugnis

I do go to games and I would protest.

I suppose... ye turned down sevu reeve actually didn't ye... but he pleaded guilty but wasnt given a conviction. He Would have been some addition.

Dont mention the war 😶😶
    It certainly worked out better for him than for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

I can't imagine Jackson would be too eager to sign for the IRFU after they threw him under the bus to appease a virtue-signalling sponsor (a bank, no less). This despite being found completely innocent and exonerated of all charges in a case that should never have made it to court.

It would be good if he could use the Olympics 7s loophole to qualify to play for England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

I can't imagine Jackson would be too eager to sign for the IRFU after they threw him under the bus to appease a virtue-signalling sponsor (a bank, no less). This despite being found completely innocent and exonerated of all charges in a case that should never have made it to court.

Please. Please don't. He was let go over the comments the made about a young women, not the judgement of the case. The comments and behavior weren't up to the standards expected of an Irish international player. It's been covered and done a million times. Please, lets not.

Dammit, I forgot I can't be a real rugby fan and respect women at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

I'd be fairly confidant that every bookmaker who has ever existed will give you shorter odds of Papali'i becoming Connachts first choice 10 than Paddy Jackson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Mod note

No need to rehash all that again I don't care who started it but it stops now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

As far as a backup 10 goes, I think we could do worse than a Stephen Myler type signing. An experienced ten who kicks his goals has a lot of value in mid-lower level Pro14 games. Can't think of any Irish players that fit the bill though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

As far as a backup 10 goes, I think we could do worse than a Stephen Myler type signing. An experienced ten who kicks his goals has a lot of value in mid-lower level Pro14 games. Can't think of any Irish players that fit the bill though.

Keatley?
    Only signed until the end of the season with Glasgow.
    If Hanrahan has signed on with Munster and Carberry is due to return soon it makes sense for one of the younger 10s to move but like the Hackshaw thing it's up to the player and I'm sure the management are making offers.

FACECUTTR wrote: »
    Keatley?
    Only signed until the end of the season with Glasgow.
    If Hanrahan has signed on with Munster and Carberry is due to return soon it makes sense for one of the younger 10s to move but like the Hackshaw thing it's up to the player and I'm sure the management are making offers.

Jake Flannery would be a good move.

bayern wrote: »
    Jake Flannery would be a good move.

Flannerys versatility would probably suit Connacht well too, covering 10,12 and 15 from that 22 jersey would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I swear on SOB's path to the sportsground he walks under 50 ladders, kicks 100 black cats, smashes every mirror he sees, while burning 4leaf clovers

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭RonnieL

b.gud wrote: »

Such a pity. I saw a tweet about SOB coming off injured, but I assumed it was the young centre. Any word on the nature of the injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,175 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

SOB II picks up injuries as frequently as SOB I.

The name is cursed.

Clegg wrote: »
    SOB II picks up injuries as frequently as SOB I.

The name is cursed.

I actually think Sob 2 has it worse, he hasn’t even been fit enough to string enough games together to get a look in with Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

• Advertisement

former Garbally college men in Eagles side yesterday:

INPHO_01779968.jpg

Matthew Devine(9), Shane Jennings(13), Oisin McCormack(7), Tiernan O’Halloran, Conor Kenny and Colm Reilly(9)

Advertisement