Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Don't get it : can he qualify for Ireland despite playing 7's for Aus?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

He can only switch if he has a family tie to Ireland. I don't believe he does so he will always be NIQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zeugnis

Team against Leinster

15. Tiernan O’Halloran (212)

14. Diarmuid Kilgallen (11)

13. Tom Farrell (87)

12. David Hawkshaw (10)

11. John Porch (69)

10. Jack Carty (187) (C)

9. Caolin Blade (158)

1. Peter Dooley (10)

2. Dave Heffernan (175)

3. Dominic Robertson-McCoy (74)

4. Darragh Murray (2)

5. Niall Murray (45)

6. Cian Prendergast (36)

7. Shamus Hurley-Langton (9)

8. Jarrad Butler (104)Replacements

16. Shane Delahunt (121)

17. Denis Buckley (219)

18. Sam Illo (6)

19. Oisín Dowling (35)

20. Conor Oliver (50)

21. Kieran Marmion (219)

22. Tom Daly (68)

23. Byron Ralston (8)

Is Jack Aungier injured? I know there wouldn't be high expectations of a win at the RDS but selecting 3 & 4 in the depth chart at TH seems excessive.

Should be good to see that 10-12-13 together, but am puzzled to see TOH starting. Starting to wonder about Wootton, he's played very little this season, joining Fifita on the mystery train.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

Bundees 'down' week is a bit of a mystery

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Ratuva was cited for this hit, for which he received a yellow, and has been suspended for four weeks. Meanwhile Papa Leahy's (earlier) red card was rescinded by the EPCR. People don't like the criticism of refs, which has certainly become too common a feature of fan commentary, but sometimes they deserve it. In this case the ref made a mistake and then compounded it because he didn't want to 'spoil the show'. The looks on the faces of the officials as they held their consultation said it all.

Post edited by Zeugnis on

Because Bundee has played very little this season due to the eight week suspension imposed after the Stormers incident. He has had 333 minutes (corrected that as the number on all.rugby was wrong). Tadhg Beirne, for example, has played 899 (had to correct that as well). One deserves a rest, the other, maybe not?

Post edited by Zeugnis on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

All internationals get two weeks. While he was suspended, Bundee was in camp throughout November.

First projection of 2023 is a Connacht win vs Leinster. Porch, O'Halloran and Kilgallen will score tries to replicate the 2016 final. Happy new year all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Is this the first time Brothers have started in the 2nd row for Connacht?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭AccidentallyOnside

No, craggy tweeted a pair of joyces (Jimmy and paddy) did it in Nov 1947.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Impressive bit of research there from the Craggy lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Strand1970

Can hawkshaw kick?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Baird has started the second half superbly.

Huge carries, tackles and a breakdown poach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Unfortunately it looks like Hawkshaw won't be kicking for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Yes he can. 5/7 so far this season.

I've asked before why he doesn't kick when both he and Carty are playing.

Not sure which Connacht coach is responsible for kicking but changing the kicking order could really help.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭AccidentallyOnside

Ref has been good but a few high shots from Leinster have been missed.

• Advertisement

Carty was hopeless. Can we end this pain. Please

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Ernie McCracken

I was watching the early exchanges and thought I had gotten it completely wrong and was happy. Jack had a mixed game but asking him to up the ante and cut out mistakes isn’t too much. I may have gone too far calling for him to be replaced permanently - there was some rays of light in the first half. Happy for Jack to continue if he keep up the positives and cut out the negatives

Lost his nerve after the balls up for Larmour's try.

Connacht were competitive but not because of Jack or Caolin. Which is an achievement. The Murray brothers were fantastic but if your central players are average then it fcuks everything up. I am so tired of pointing this out but as a fan what else can I do

Surprised Carty came back on after the yellow. His confidence is zero at the moment. Best thing connacht can do next week is not play him but it's a balls with hawkshaw now injuried. I hope connacht do everything in their to turn Healys head in Galway direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Ernie McCracken

Healys not the answer. Connacht should be looking for a better replacement when the time comes. Healy is more stationary and less quick off the mark than Jack and that will lead to a decade of stagnation and zero back play. They need to look abroad if necessary and bring through the home grown players in other positions. Speaking of which I was very happy with the two Murrays showings this eve.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,620 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Blade was among connachts most impressive attackers today. Sh1t box kicker though, just not as bad a clearer as carty. Blade kept the tempo, made his breaks and his passing was decently snappy.

Carty on the other hand....

Someone said that he was playing while having the Flu, so maybe he has an excuse

Don't think we can afford a top class OH, Carty still has 2 years of a contract and will be on decent money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

The Murray's are quite good players. Athletic and strong. It's a pity that Carty is so poor. I reckon his confidence is shot.

Next week they are looking at Eben Ethebeth. Jesus!

Advertisement