Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

bayern wrote: »
    former Garbally college men in Eagles side yesterday:

INPHO_01779968.jpg

Matthew Devine(9), Shane Jennings(13), Oisin McCormack(7), Tiernan O’Halloran, Conor Kenny and Colm Reilly(9)

How highly would Devine be rated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

Wegians89 wrote: »
    How highly would Devine be rated?

Difficult to know.. only turns 19 this year AFAIK so must be rated well by connacht setup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

bayern wrote: »

Cian Prendergast seems to have bulked up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Craggy rugby lads said SOB didn't seem in any discomfort coming off or after so were hopeful it was just a precaution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

I wonder will we get Dillane back next week? Wouldn't be surprised to see Bundee back for game time, unless one of the centres picked up a knock today.
    Disappointing result overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

macslash wrote: »
    I wonder will we get Dillane back next week? Wouldn't be surprised to see Bundee back for game time, unless one of the centres picked up a knock today.
    Disappointing result overall.
    It would be great to have him back as we dont know how long Roux will be out. Good opportunity for Dowling all the same.
    I didn't see Bundee in the Aviva today although he could have been there but I did see Chris Farrell. Could that mean he was the centre cover if so I see no reason why he wouldn't be back and we need him.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭RonnieL

They must be close to pulling the plug on the rainbow cup plans they had. Any indications from pro14 if they'll revert to the old format, or what's likely to happen? I feel like we'd have a fair shot of doing well with better weather and drier pitches come playoff time.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭tobdom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JnTk2daDGc
    Good finish from Heenan @ 2:15 here (terrible defending though) and a game ending/winning poach @ 4:22, nice to see him going well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

RonnieL wrote: »
    They must be close to pulling the plug on the rainbow cup plans they had. Any indications from pro14 if they'll revert to the old format, or what's likely to happen? I feel like we'd have a fair shot of doing well with better weather and drier pitches come playoff time.

rainbow is no going to start, its madness,

It will work out better for us if we have a run in the pro 14, we left some games behind us and to be honest I feel Conn lads have really being ignored by the national setup,

Blade, Carty, Wooton and Tom Daly, for all the talk ~I think Daly would have donbe more yesterday at Center for Ireland,

Buckley wopuld have added value too, Healy has beena great player for Ireland,

• Advertisement

gally74 wrote: »
    rainbow is no going to start, its madness,

It will work out better for us if we have a run in the pro 14, we left some games behind us and to be honest I feel Conn lads have really being ignored by the national setup,

Blade, Carty, Wooton and Tom Daly, for all the talk ~I think Daly would have donbe more yesterday at Center for Ireland,

Buckley wopuld have added value too, Healy has been a great player for Ireland,

It's absolute madness that we didn't have a regular place kicker starting that game yesterday. Be it R Byrne, Carty or Cooney with out Sexton playing one of them simply has to start.

Add Casey not coming onto the pitch at all why select him ? I've no doubt Marmion/Cooney/McGrath would have been brought on in that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Marmion absolutely the best 9 in Ireland imo, and I'd still say Jack edges out Billy and Ross. But there's no way I could see Daly having any impact against a defense like the French. He's a lesser version of Henshaw, which is no big criticism. Similarly it would take a lot to convince me Wooton is a test level player. Of the players treated harshly Marmion and Jack stand out for me, I think Ultan and Roix get about the right level of exposure and Buckley should probably be a 5 or 6 cap international but the jw was unlucky around 2016 and I think his opportunity is gone now unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Wooden! He's a turnstile defensively. Probably as bad as Lowe. Daly is not at the level. If he was he'd be togging out with Leinster. They would have re signed him. He's a good player but, Ireland need better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Aki, Dillane & Heffernan all released back to Connacht by Ireland for game this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭RonnieL

Connacht shared a video yesterday of the highlights from our last game against Cardiff in the sportsground, which was also the last time there was a proper crowd there for a game. 29 nil bonus point win. We'd take that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

Roux out till may, need Murray and dowling to step up now

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭ShineyShiney

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Wooden! He's a turnstile defensively. Probably as bad as Lowe. Daly is not at the level. If he was he'd be togging out with Leinster. They would have re signed him. He's a good player but, Ireland need better.

Scores tries though!! I'd say he's well down the international pecking order but he's the first wing on my Connacht team every week bar none.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭ShineyShiney

Big loss for us, need the win even more this week now while dillane is with us. Hopefully Dowling and Murray can step up. I was very impressed with Dowling's debut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Huge opportunity for Dowling, he'll get plenty of minutes between now and the end of the season.

Thought I heard that Murray came off injured early on against Munster A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

Bazzo wrote: »

not included on the injury list one of the craggy lads posted on Twitter.

Quinn (shoulder) - to have surgery 3 months
    Peter (chest) - to have surgery TBC
    SOB (neck) - monitored

Bundee, Heff & Ultan with squad and will be available for selection

Conor Dean (shoulder) reviewed this week.

Stephen Kerins (knee) will integrate into team training in the coming weeks.

BOD (chest) progressing through his return to contact.

Sam (chest), Tom F(knee), Stephen Fitz (knee) and Cillian (shoulder) continuing rehabilitation

Posted by Dave Finn on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Think that was Darragh not Niall

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Think that was Darragh not Niall

Yeah you're right, just presumed it was Niall who was playing

• Registered Users Posts: 15 backcamslua

Yeah you're right, just presumed it was Niall who was playing

SOB came off early in Eagles game -Darragh M played out most of game per highlights!

SOB came off early in Eagles game -Darragh M played out most of game per highlights!

no Murray went off injured. Prendergast played full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zeugnis

Big loss for us, need the win even more this week now while dillane is with us. Hopefully Dowling and Murray can step up. I was very impressed with Dowling's debut.

Quinn was always going to be unavailable for the duration of the six nations anyway. I'm delighted for Dillane that he's getting games for Ireland rather than a mere squad member who misses games for the province.

As you say, in Murray and Dowling we have promising young locks. Add Cian Prendergast, who rose to the occasion against Racing, and be happy we still have Thornbury to mentor them and provide the experience and line out capability (although he can't be far from an Ireland call up if there are further injuries in the row). I'm excited to see what performances they deliver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

It's great seeing all these young talented lads coming up. Connacht are doing very well with bringing on these boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Thornbury/Dillane to start, obviously
    Either Dowling or N.Murray on the bench. Don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

Robb simply can’t get another contract at Connacht, for as big of a man as he is, his body has broken down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Lucas44 wrote: »
    Robb simply can’t get another contract at Connacht, for as big of a man as he is, his body has broken down

Stay classy there Lucas... :rolleyes:

Advertisement