Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Bad from Healy, lazy from Daly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭testtech05

How did they let Morgan out of the corner there?

No idea lovely kick off the left by jack but not sure who's attempted tackle was worse Matt or Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

That's why Carty isnt the answer to Sexton either. For all his good play he makes too many of those errors(out on the full, missing touch with penalties, botched restarts, missing easy kicks etc).

Ireland need someone who has Cartys general play but without a few of those errors every game.

Carty's unforced errors are very frustrating but to be fair he's not alone in that. His goal kicking percentages are probably more of an issue tbh.

Jesus i thought the pace on Cardiff 13 there was actually from their tight head.

Beauty from Jack. Kicking his goals with confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭typhoony

healy has been very busy in defense and attack, nice pass to wooton for the try

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Carty's unforced errors are very frustrating but to be fair he's not alone in that. His goal kicking percentages are probably more of an issue tbh.

Going well tonight.

Great clearance again by Jack!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭typhoony

that's great from Wooton and Dillane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Dillane's break before Wooton was fantastic. Wooton is having a stormer.

Whatever about wooton in defense he's lethal in attack. Class by Dillane and lovely little pop up to him by Jack

• Advertisement

That was a stunning team try. But Jack...wow. Kept that whole thing alive for 15 phases.

Lovey carries from Ultan and Blade in there too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Fantastic final 10 mins. Hope they keep it going from the start of the second. Put this crowd to the sword. Dillane, Jack and Wootton doing great. Centres v good aswell.

macslash wrote: »
    Fantastic final 10 mins. Hope they keep it going from the start of the second. Put this crowd to the sword. Dillane, Jack and Wootton doing great. Centres v good aswell.

Wooton looks like he can score anytime he gets the ball. Confidence is sky high. Less said about some of his efforts in defense the better but hopefully if he's staying long term we can improve that a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Ah lads that last 10 minutes was just what the doctor ordered. Hope they kick on after HT.

First 10 minutes will be interesting. Similar situation to Ospreys a few weeks ago with a flourish before HT

Was that a harsh penalty against Bundee?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭tobdom

its_phil wrote: »
    Was that a harsh penalty against Bundee?

Ridiculous, he was on his feet the whole time!

Jordan Duggan handled Arhip very well in the scrum, decent in the loose too.

Kick the f*cking points!

In from the side!!!

• Advertisement

Who's effecting the clearout for Buckley there? THere no one there boyle had rolled out

That’s a ridiculous call against Boyle. He didn’t affect the placement.

The ref deserves the assist there. Absolute joke the last two penalties

I'm usually very hesitant to criticise but the officiating has been AWFUL tonight.

I've been quite impressed with Brace a few times I have seen him but he's missed a lot tonight I feel

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭tobdom

testtech05 wrote: »
    I've been quite impressed with Brace a few times I have seen him but he's missed a lot tonight I feel

More than missed a lot, he's seen stuff that hasn't happened at all! I don't want to have to be bemoaning it in 15 mins, but he's going a long way to riding us

tobdom wrote: »
    More than missed a lot, he's seen stuff that hasn't happened at all! I don't want to have to be bemoaning it in 15 mins, but he's going a long way to riding us

Don't think we're getting rode, just think the officiating has been all over the shop. We got very lucky there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Say it softly. Mauls been good in attack and defence tonight

tobdom wrote: »

Ya by missed a lot I just meant a lot of poor decisions too.

Although I thought that lineout could have went against us. Great reply!

• Advertisement

Ellis Jenkins is a class act.

Advertisement