Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Great marshalling of the defence there by Daly pushed Wooton out and took care of LeeLo

That was not a penalty to Connacht for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭testtech05

its_phil wrote: »
    That was not a penalty to Connacht for sure

I thought the loose head was just pulling down on Aungier

testtech05 wrote: »
    I thought the loose head was just pulling down on Aungier

Rewound it there. He did to be fair. Great shouting by Masterson 😂

Hon Papalli!!!

• Advertisement

Ultan Dillane and Papalli hitting Turnbull together. Praying for his body tomorrow, some force

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Even by the standards of huge Polynesian backrows Papalii is a beast. One of the most powerful carriers I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

The connachta Big Papa prophecy is alive!!!!

The carry straight off the scrum he was unlucky he tripped over Fish or he could have got in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Even by the standards of huge Polynesian backrows Papalii is a beast. One of the most powerful carriers I've ever seen.

Can u imagine the Craic in the clan stand when hugest put off the bench, strongest man ever in Connacht

• Advertisement

His first tackle was around the ankles too...... There's a chance

Bundee going 80. Not good for his chances in Rome which means he might be with us in Treviso

Bundee going 80. Not good for his chances in Rome which means he might be with us in Treviso

Same for Dillane!

I think Daly us playing better than him now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

That's a cracking result. Fair play to the lads

gally74 wrote: »
    I think Daly us playing better than him now

Bundee is rusty enough to be fair. Grew into that game as he went on.

Daly our best player this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭tobdom

Great stuff, badly wanted win a home, and great to get the BP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Big papa always looks either wrecked or laid back to the point of horizontal. But Jesus the power

freyners wrote: »
    Big papa always looks either wrecked or laid back to the point of horizontal. But Jesus the power

And to think he doesn’t even know what the sports ground is like on a winning night, he’ll be a fan’s favorite thecway he’s going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Just out of interest. Would Cardiff stay overnight in galway and head home tomorrow or head back tonight? I presume bus to Dublin Airport?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

European we are!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

bobbyss wrote: »
    Just out of interest. Would Cardiff stay overnight in galway and head home tomorrow or head back tonight? I presume bus to Dublin Airport?

Connacht for the opposite match did a charter back and bus from dublin. Not a clue what cardiff are doing. Games were at the same time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭bobbyss

freyners wrote:
    Connacht for the opposite match did a charter back and bus from dublin. Not a clue what cardiff are doing. Games were at the same time

Did they come directly back after the game? Just wondering how they do things in rugby as oppossed to football.

bobbyss wrote: »
    Did they come directly back after the game? Just wondering how they do things in rugby as oppossed to football.

As far as I know all of Connacht away games this season have been a same day operation. Fly out early that morning and back that night

:cool::D:cool:

connachta wrote: »
    :cool::D:cool:

Maybe we should christen him

An fear mor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

Bonus point win. Two great tries from Wooten and at the same time his defense bleeds badly. And when you get up against the tier1 teams he would not be my choice. He is good enough for games like tonight but I have difficulties seeing him progressing to the big league games

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lenny4545

ElisaAtWar wrote: »
    Bonus point win. Two great tries from Wooten and at the same time his defense bleeds badly. And when you get up against the tier1 teams he would not be my choice. He is good enough for games like tonight but I have difficulties seeing him progressing to the big league games

Ara would ya stop! Id have him in Ireland squad ahead of lowe who is equally bad in defence!

ElisaAtWar wrote: »

As much as everyone tonight saw the defensive weaknesses I pointed, I wouldn't think this.
    Stuff to work on, but his offensive potential (a great one!) is in the balance too.

The only uncontestable back-3 is John Porch. Was again magnificent on this game.

I dare say : best signing since Bundee

• Advertisement

Butler shows why he's captain again
    missed a tackle, made 16

Advertisement