Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Carty would break your heart

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

All gone wrong in the last ten minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ah man we've lost the heads.

We're gonna get absolutely hosed.

Edit: Another missed tackle from Jack on the reply.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Ridiculously easy, but you can trace that back to Carty's second missed penalty to touch. Criminal stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

and then compounds it with the missed tackle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I'm afraid Jack has killed them here. Can't make the basic errors he's making. Got away with it last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Shehal

Connacht just being Connacht again sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Criminal tackling from Connacht, and criminal missed touch from Carty to start it all off.

It's real basic stuff too. Like we're not asking him to be Dan Carter reincarnate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭kuang1

To be completely fair, I think it's more accurate to say that it's Carty being Carty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭testtech05

That's twice now bealham has hit the ball at pace and been monstered back. They are so physical.....

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Strand1970

Jesus Carty is desperate, I would take him off and put anyone on from the bench. A prop would be a better 10 at the moment

Surely we've get an outhalf in the country that would be better than Jack? Harry Byrne?

We're being absolutely battered in contact. Was always going to happen but it's a lot sooner than you'd have wanted.

Great work from Farrell after a very poor half from him. Needed that badly.

That's important.

There's still a chance now.

Regroup at HT, we're only 8 down and we've been horrendous. Well, Jack Carty has been horrendous.

needed that badly,now in and reset.

Oh my **** God

Great try!!

Lovely delayed ball to Farrell in midfield, I think it was by carty.

What the hell happened there the ball fell off the tee with the wind after he started run up was it the ref said?

Oh ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

That's unfortunate for Connacht to not get the extra two points

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Shehal

Lol only Connacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,497 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Would it not be better to have a lad holding it. The stormers do.

I sorry Jack your a professional and know it's windy, get someone to hold the bloody ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Looks like Carty just took his first step and then the ball fell over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭kuang1

Interesting that stormers had a spotter holding the ball for each placed kick they had in that half.

You'd think of all teams, the team that plays their home games in Galway bay would know what a strong wind can do to a rugby ball.

Edit: blame has to lie with Carty though for not requesting a spotter.

Anyone catch which direction the wind is going? It seems quite strong but not sure who it was in favour of if anyone....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,497 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Connacht twitter says we have the wind 2nd half. It would explain the monster kick from the 22 from the stormers player that lead to a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

I thought that kick was fine. We were going nowhere, he found grass and stressed their backfield. Problem was the kick chase, which was then compounded by O'Halloran not putting his clearance into the stand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Joma4good

Carty cancels everything he does well, with an equal or worse mistake. How T.O’H was rewarded with an extension beats me, just not physical or fast enough for URC level rugby. Carty needs replacing permanently, I think he’s at the point of undermining a decent season next year. Hope I have to eat my words on today but can’t see this being anything other than a solid beating

Advertisement