Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭Wegians89

Bring on Front rows and Joyce early in the second half. Bit more power in the pack then.

Need to sort out receiving kicks asap

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Connacht can clear but concede penalty on their own scrum feed. Sarries try.

Connacht penalty from restart inside Sarries half.

Porch takes Farrell’s kick but slices his kick straight out. Leads to Sarries pen.

Ralston catches high ball but is turned over when he lands. Sarries kick to corner and another try.

Just a disasterous few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

Go Jack. Playing a blinder. And delighted for Bundee. He did so well for his try. So let's see him rock on from here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭testtech05

Much better half or 30mins at least. Hopefully we don't forget to leave the dressing room this week.

Need to sort out kick off receipt (as usual) and better protection of the ball when we are receiving box kicks

I only see positives for the second half

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,172 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

To be fair their box kicks,for the most part, have been very good on distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Jesus christ amateurish before half time. Could be in for a hiding now

*and, as standard, immediately after half time. Like a team that just throw the ball around in training and all the coaches think they're great lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Absolutely clueless. This might be the worst coached Connacht team I've ever seen considering the squad.

All from a messed up kick off again and we can't get out then

• Registered Users Posts: 38,172 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I suddenly have this bad feeling that this is going to be like last week, or maybe worse because it's on the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,663 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Poor defending. Could be a long afternoon if they don’t sort themselves

Connacht’s propensity to compound one mistake with another and then another on show here. It’s why they keep conceding scores in bunches.

Gonna be a long half but for me I don't agree with BT saying a definite yellow. I thought Cian looked like straight on the ball there

See how easy Sarries can clear their lines most times

This performance is almost as painful as having to listen to Healey and Kay

I know it's away from home but the 2nd half has been even more pathetic than last week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

can we replace blade now please

Right that's it. That Cinti try is too much for me. What an utterly embarrassing performance from an absolutely amateur coaching ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,663 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Hard to watch. Complete implosion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Remember during the world cup they said hands on the ground doesn't mean it's always a penalty? In a shock to absolutely nobody, they're still giving it as a penalty every time. Thought Prendergast was fine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭OldRio

God this is bad. Just awful.

Well worked try

Edit - balls checking touch

Edit the edit - great fight by Bolton and class skill by Bundee

Points conceded the last 4 games.

50 and counting.

Been a tough run of fixtures but that’s just nowhere near good enough. You have no chance shipping that many points.

Another horrendous unforced error there gifting Sarries a kick into the corner. And another try.

This Sarries team, although miles ahead of us obviously, are nowhere near the team of old. A decent team would have given them a proper contest today.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Embarrasing again. Shocking thing is we all knew this was coming when the new coaching group was announced and we know we'll have to sit through the full 2 years of it. Might even get a few interpro wins and have them all extended off the back of the "Great work being done down there"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭Wegians89

Reaction to this loss will probably be strong again but let’s be honest, the level Connacht are at are just being in the champions cup not competing at it.

Connacht have been pretty poor the last few weeks but the only really bad result was the lose away to Edinburgh. The next two weeks are must wins and if They don’t go to plan then we can start to panic.

I’m convinced that 70% of the tries Connacht concede are because of their own stupid errors rather than any great play from the opposition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭AccidentallyOnside

I must be the only one who saw positives out there. 5 tries against a good team despite making a lot of errors. Boulton needs more game time, has an awful lot about him. Scrum held up really well and looks a weapon. Mcdonald did well when he came on.

I'm not saying I'm happy with the loss, but this is nothing like last week.

Advertisement