Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Titcombe! That's a great name.... I'll get my coat...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭typhoony

6-2 Split on the bench, I wonder which irish team will be first to do a 7-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

We really need to take advantage of the next few games now before we get into the last 3 games that look very difficult.

Benetton will be very tough but we've got to look to get 19-20 points from the other 4 games. Scarlets situation is a sad sight. They've given us the runaround so many times over the years but they're a mess at the moment and we need to take advantage of that.

We need a reaction tomorrow to the Cardiff game. I appreciate Wilkins has to spin the positives of an away win for morale purposes but that performance was laughably bad and youd hope that standards are high enough within the group that they realise that. Tomorrow we need to be ruthless and put this game to bed early if we have any ambitions for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭conncussed

We could do with running up some positive points difference too. After matches won it's the second tie breaker for league positions. The midfield is so tight that it could easily come down to a few extra points scored for a Top 8 position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

the best and worst of Caolin in the space of 5 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

This Scarlets team is pathetic, gotta put them to the sword here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Dwayne Peel looks like he is on indeed.ie looking for a new job there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭testtech05

Poor try to conceed. All came from whatever Ralston was trying to do with that pass in midfield. Brought them into the game needlessly.

Hopefully can get another score before half time

Smith made a very poor read there, shooting out of the line when they had a 3 on 2 overlap.

Would like to see that again surely inside ball to blade for a walk in try there was a difficult finish for smith but he's well capable of it. Pity

• Advertisement

This has all the makings of a game we could lose.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Should have been taking 3 there in front of posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Ben Bailey

4 entries into their red zone, but 0 points. Not good.

Frustrating half, we spurned a boatload of chances to seal the BP. Hopefully we don't regret it, playing into a nasty wind in the second half. Scarlets were asleep at the start but to be fair to them have grown into it, our profligacy will have given them confidence.

Absolutely not. Scarlets is less than poor. Wouldn't even figure in the AIL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Be that is it may, need Connacht to be focused. Some great play but need to make chances count

The most disappointing thing for me is how unstructured our attack has looked at times despite running at a poor Scarlets defense. It's a great evening for running rugby and we should be looking like we can play.

That may be but we have plenty of our own issues too.... Should have been out of sight by half time

Jaysus the ref has just robbed the Scarlets of a try there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,097 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Connacht have been crap since scoring their third try.

I don't think they're in danger of losing as Scarlets are worse. But this has been another poor performance.

• Advertisement

Lucky enough call there I think but we won't complain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Looks like a few injuries towards the end. Hopefully nothing serious

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Fairly ok performance. Really should have been out of sight by half time. Our attack could benefit from a bit more fixing of guys shoulders, comparing it to the Irish attack (which is a different level but my point of reference) we seem to throw the next pass a fraction too early at times.

Jack aungier has really come on. Great to see

About as bad as a BP win can get imo, pretty insipid stuff. Scarlets took ten minutes to start playing, which gave us a two score lead, once they showed up we struggled. The usual suspects like Forde and Prendergast were good, Jansen has a bit about him, and Hawkshaw at 13 had his moments. Smith had a pretty bad game but I like the cut of his jib, worth persisting with. Thornbury had no impact unfortunately, tough ask for him to come in cold after all the injuries he's had.

Tiernan looked like he was holding an injured wrist as he came off.

Dowling's ankle couldn't take any weight with heavy strapping.

two horrible performances on the trot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

I really hope that in his post match interview Wilkins shows some respect to the fans who watched that and calls out that performance as not good enough.

Extremely frustrating performance. Even when we scraped the bonus point try in a phase that summed up our performance we fell away then again in the last 20 minutes.

It's been a good weekend of results for us elsewhere but we are seriously stuttering at this stage and the last two games wouldn't fill you with confidence that we'll end up Top 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭TRC10

If Cathal Forde was half the player he was and played for Leinster, there would be no end to the media hype

• Advertisement

Utter muck. don't know what Wilkins is teaching but that was awful

Advertisement