Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Seems odd but Murray isn't one to shoot from the hip. Would rather we backed Devine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ShineyShiney

Ben Murphy would be a good addition

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Hey_Ho_Lets_Go_3

A penny for matthew devines thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 lavrenti

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Half back. Son of richie, irish 20s coach for last few years. Came through like his dad pres bray

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zeugnis

Scrum half in the Leinster Academy, played for the Irish U20s in 2020, has 14 caps for Leinster senior team.

This does not strike me as a reasonable move considering Devine, alas I'm getting used to not agreeing with the decisions of connacht management. Anyway, let's see, just a rumour for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭Wegians89

Would assume that McDonald won’t be staying around so.

Cutting McDonald after repeatedly selecting him over Devine would be disappointing, and I actually thought he was better than Reilly last week. Neither of them appear to be top class however, and it would all be a lot simpler if we'd just kept Marmion.

Yeah would be very strange, but McDonald is the only nine out of contract

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭kita99

Maybe Devine will become the first choice of SH at connacht. I'm sure that he will exceed beyond (over) Greg Casey in the near future.

He looked unreal at u20s. Hope he gets decent game time this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

Dont know what folks think but my impression is the possibility of Connacht qualifying for champions cup rugby next year is based on winning the challenge cup.

On that basis a win tomorrow is critical to any ambitions this year. I'm not surprised Pau is lacking in many of its best players as it is in a strong position in the Top 14.

From a URC perspective it's time to blood our next generation of players. Give Devine a chance, put Forde in at 10, introduce Gavin, Cordero should be available, Jennings and Bolton can do with the gametime, Illo deserves a look at.

Win or lose tomorrow we have to give these folks gametime. But if we win over the next two weekends it's even more important that we give our next generation URC time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Surely McDonald will be going back to Ulster as they look to be moving Doak to 10 so need another SH. Connacht probably don't have a say in that.

his contract with both teams are up at the end of the season. Ulster would have to offer him a contract too

Not normally being one to post a controversial viewpoint I honestly wonder if a win against Pau would be in the best long-term interests of Connacht.

Next year is a huge year for Connacht with the new stadium under construction (or is it only the new fitness centre planned for next year?).

In either case there is a huge investment in infrastructure over the next year or two and it's critical that the team is performing otherwise that huge investment could potentially coincide with a drop-off in season ticket holders leaving very empty new seating.

I think it's fair play to Ulster in dealing with a similar problem mid-season. And I think if we lose against Pau it will hopefully trigger a response. Things simply cannot continue as they are or we are looking at the abyss for some years to come.

I hate even pondering a Connacht loss as a good thing but in this case.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21 lavrenti

Beating Pau is in the short, medium, and long-term interests of Connacht!

This post I will remember two years from now on the basis we win the game in the first place. Of course the reality, and without the best Pau team on show, we are going to be simply destroyed.

I do like the Bolton, TOH, Jennings backline and I would prefer Bundee and Tom Farrell at centre but what's the point when you sit behind the slowest scrum half in Ireland and an out half who seems to be cross eyed.

Maybe Devine intervention,😂

Post edited by ElisaAtWar on

The problem with the worse-the-better theory is that the cathartic turnaround payload may never come. Improvement in a competitive rugby environment is incremental, the sooner we get back on track the batter. As for today, I'm not gung ho but Bundee and Bealham's return is a source of hope. Let's not cultivate despondency.

I don't wish to provide despondency Zeugnis. I love my weekend out supporting my team in Galway. I think rugby is such a fun game to watch. But at the same time, as a supporter, you should express your opinion. I don't wish to be negative

• Advertisement

And no matter my comments, go Connacht

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭lostboy75

The stadium is going ahead as planned, results won't and shouldn't change that. No point at all in revisiting this decision, it's done. I'm looking forward to seeing it completed and the new normal match day experience, hopefully the rugby will improve on this season...

excited to see Jennings and Bolton on the wings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭testtech05

GReat start then a poor exit and let them know straight away. Hint of a forward pass to the last pass but not given

mad forward pass for that Pau try

Butler looks a bit shaky going off. Hopefully he can return he has started well

Jack's passing so far has been excellent and the ball carrying so much better than it has been

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is it my stream or is the Connacht jersey pale pink and the socks white?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

Impressive start by you guys

• Advertisement

Been very lucky with a couple of decisions. Bundee could easily have been yellow there and the tackle without the ball before it

Advertisement