Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Penalty Connacht, Leicester automatically run up offside and then a no arms tackle.

10 penalties for Leicester and a 16point deficit. Shambles of a half for Connacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Worst we've played in quite a while. Forwards getting manhandled. Leicester, discipline aside, are much better than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

We're well bet here sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

As siltirocker said our back 3 are awful. Positives is o'brien at centre

Who was that having words with bealham at half time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Austin Healey is a special kind of c*nt....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Leicester getting away with murder in fairness. Probably should have have had 3 in the bin.

Austin Healey is a special kind of c*nt....

Connacht deserve his opinion at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Leicester getting away with murder in fairness. Probably should have have had 3 in the bin.

God knows how many we'd have conceded then! Jokes, but seriously I hope we muster up some sort of fight back in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

As bad a display as possible. 3/4 tries essentially handed to them. We probably have played the better rugby in spells but this team needs a collective bollocking for the last 200 mins of rugby.

Positive is it is not lost. I'd bring on papa early. Need some punch and if worst comes, it won't be the losing of the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,161 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Connacht need the next score badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ktex2

The problem with connacht is they play in the pro 14 which is bar the irish teams not very competitive at all. Just look at the results from this weekend. Every single match involving a pro 14 team ended with defeat bar leinsters which was a walkover and benneton's which was against agen argubaly the worst team in either competition. I've no doubt Leinster will get beaten by Exeter in the next round. The problem with the teams from the pro14 is because its not competitive they don't know how to handle real competition when they come up against quality french or english teams because they are not challenged like that on a week in week out basis. Until the pro 14 becomes more competitive (which thankfully it will when the South african teams the sharks, bulls, lions, stormers join) expect to see these results as the normal in europe.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,642 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Wow talk about a complete open goal....

That connacht jersey is extreme!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Get the feck in. Gwan Masterson.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Not the first time Connacht have cantered through the ruck. Something identified perhaps?

Great opportunistic play by Masterson. Game on. Given the relative benches, you'd like to think Connacht have a strong chance now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Massive improvement this half. Thornbury has gotten levelled a couple of times though.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,642 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

ktex2 wrote: »
    ...... and i've no doubt they will get beaten by Exeter in the next round.....
    Lol

Leinster are heavy favourites for the competition.

If connacht lost today, its not the pro 14s fault

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Get Abe on.

Harry Potter and the Kick out on the Full.

Thornbury’s rat tail is awful I mean I’d never say that to him but it is!

• Advertisement

razorblunt wrote: »
    Harry Potter and the Kick out on the Full.

That's worse than Healey's "puns" on Tom Daly.

macslash wrote: »
    That's worse than Healey's "puns" on Tom Daly.

Reported.

Think Denis Buckley is finally no longer required. Good player but his day is done

Ah Connacht have let it go loose again.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Who is the co-commentator (not Healey)? Seems to actually have done his research and watched Pro14 rugby. Unusual for someone to be able to cite player performances in interpros particularly for uncapped guys like Thornbury.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,163 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Illegal fend, no control, forward pass

Buer wrote: »
    Who is the co-commentator (not Healey)? Seems to actually have done his research and watched Pro14 rugby. Unusual for someone to be able to cite player performances in interpros particularly for uncapped guys like Thornbury.

Former connacht player Mike McCarthy

No arms on Wootton?

No, Youngs just got bumped.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Lovely try.

Wootton has excellent acceleration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,163 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Lol, never a try in a million years. This inept officiating has to end. I mean jaysis.

Advertisement