Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Connacht make it so hard on themselves. Can put up a big score on anyone but they concede some awful soft tries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

That's big Papa's contact renewal up in smoke anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Backwards for the knock on? Jeeez he’s beyond awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,697 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

This game just sums up a lot of Connacht's season, they certainly have the potential in attack to score points, but so many stupid errors, abysmal maul defence and overall poor defence shape means they lose games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭testtech05

ongarite wrote: »
    Jaysus, that is criminal to loose possesion in their 22 under no pressure

Can't be getting stripped like that!! Ref has been annoying tonight with some of decisions but we can't blame anyone but ourselves. So many self inflicted points given away again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Is that the Weise we were linked with last year?

macslash wrote: »
    Is that the Weise we were linked with last year?

I was wondering the same.... I think so! He has been excellent tonight.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,642 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Big papa still hasn't learned that tackling a guys legs brings him down

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Andy Friend should be thankful contract renewal done. How Wilkins is surviving and actually getting promoted technically to Senior Coach is beyond me.

Where was blade going there down the 1m blind side...

• Advertisement

testtech05 wrote: »
    I was wondering the same.... I think so! He has been excellent tonight.

Shows what we've been missing on a consistent basis anyway.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,642 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

My god that's some run

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Beaten by 16 by Leicester 2nds, f**kin embarassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

I like Abe by my God I wish we had signed Jasper Wiese, he's incredible.

Young SOB has been fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Some of the coaching staff need a hard look at themselves.

Week on week since Christmas has not been good enough.

Can we skip this Rainbow Cup crap that’s going to be a pointless dead rubber other than €€€ and just start next season.

Is McPhillips settled back in the UK? I'd take him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

89 points in our last two games and a promotion for the defence coach in between.

its_phil wrote: »
    89 points in our last two games and a promotion for the defence coach in between.

Jesus

its_phil wrote: »

Sums it up nicely

• Advertisement

macslash wrote: »
    Is McPhillips settled back in the UK? I'd take him

Only has a handful of appearances since he joined Leicester a couple years ago, and Freddie Burns is after signing for them too, would be worth a punt. Desperately need a viable option to compete with Carty until Forde is ready to step up

I know some will say otherwise and I can understand it in a way.

I said this a few months ago, being 2nd in the conference hasnt been a fair representation of where we were this year.
    We've finished outside of the Heineken cup spots in other seasons and had better performances than this.

Not going to blame Friend for it, theres just a lack of talent there.

If the rumours about the recruitment are true, its not going to get much better any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Poor from Connacht tonight. Been a big supporter of Jack Carty but he was very poor tonight. Porch had a nightmare at 15. Healy is just not good enough now.

They really need a good forwards coach. Their defence of the maul is terrible, been a big weakness all season.

Boyle was probably Connacht's best player, the rest of the pack were poor. Wooton, SOB and Daly did well. Daly has probably been Connacht's best player this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

Connacht are really ****e. Denis is done and the back 3 are shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭xavier8228

Woeful defence all season. All the backs should be put on notice if they don’t improve. This whole season they have not tackled, mistackled or been ball watching and letting in tries. How can you win of you let them score 5+ tries every game?

Well that was it. That was bollox. Just utter bollox. Individual performances but utter bollox

I'm losing faith in andy friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Down by 16. Get it back to 2. Down 9 get it back to 2 again. Miss a kick to go ahead and then lose by 16 in the end anyway.

I wish Connacht had a more even performance level rather than massive ups and downs.

Honestly don’t know what Wilkins is bringing to the party. Last few games the defence has been spectacularly awful.

Jimmy Duffy is a good coach by all accounts but we’ve barely defended a maul successfully all season. It’s almost a guaranteed try if the opposition have a 5 meter line out.

Back 3 are hopeless. Connacht were rubbish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Thank f*** this season is over. I don't know who said it but the awful standard in the league has really masked how bad we've been. Papa is not related to a rugby player and the defence has been absolutely embarrassing week after week. We've wasted the few years since 15/16 when the league was winnable and the arrivals of the Saffers will shove us well down the order

Advertisement