Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Like a repeat of Scarlets. Leinster asleep at the wheel and Connacht coasting, then through completely stupid and needless play give them a foothold in the game and here we are 17 points down at half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

testtech05 wrote: »
    Well said!!!

I think that half pretty well sums up Connacht this season

I think that half sums up Friendy's tenure tbh. Some absolutely incredible mental collapses.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Bazzo wrote: »
    If only there was some mechanism for the captain to challenge it!

The camera would have had to show something extraordinary to turn over an on field decision of try. I suppose they probably haven’t got to grips with it yet but that was a terrible use of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,697 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I just can't understand how Connacht haven't managed to sort out their maul defence all season, time and time again it's shown to be a real weakness and it almost looks like they've just not bothered to change anything about it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I think Kelleher looked slightly ahead of the kicker but it was close enough that I don’t think it would have been overturned.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,642 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I think Kelleher looked slightly ahead of the kicker but it was close enough that I don’t think it would have been overturned.

O loughlin, and no, when the ball left the foot he was still behind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

It was O'Loughlin wasn't it?

That half was mad. Connacht went full Connacht after getting the lead. Madness

I just can't understand how Connacht haven't managed to sort out their maul defence all season, time and time again it's shown to be a real weakness and it almost looks like they've just not bothered to change anything about it

I’m sure they work on it all the time. The coaches aren’t that daft that they wouldn’t have noticed it. They haven’t been able to fix it though. Hopefully the new South African forward coach has some ideas. He better have.

Friendy and the coaching staff not sorting out maul defense in his 3 years is absolutely incredible.

Friendy and the coaching staff not sorting out maul defense in his 3 years is absolutely incredible.

While never great it was at least passable until this season. Now it’s one long horror show.

• Advertisement

While never great it was at least passable until this season. Now it’s one long horror show.

I genuinely think it's been at least 2 years we've all been making the same points

• Registered Users Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Lads Where's the Lion Bundee Aki tonight?

Get a lineout anywhere near the Connacht 22 and it's just free points. Literally unable to defend a maul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

We are woeful. Can't wait for this season to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lenny4545

Still suspended!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Suspended

Good carry from Heff, unlucky to be held up.

Oh lordy, the two tacklers will feel that big Papa carry next week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Glad the coaching set up is being changed. But the buck stops at the top. Hard to see any progress over the last two years. One year extension would have been plenty to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Jesus Papalii

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭testtech05

Good carry from Heff, unlucky to be held up.

Oh lordy, the two tacklers will feel that big Papa carry next week

It's the one of the new rules I am not sure about. Seems to punish the attacking team and will more than likely end with a try for Leinster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Fardy planking over the ruck there. Almost got decapitated in the clear out. A whistle from Frank would have sorted it out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Get a lineout anywhere near the Connacht 22 and it's just free points. Literally unable to defend a maul

Pretty much the story since Racing

testtech05 wrote: »
    It's the one of the new rules I am not sure about. Seems to punish the attacking team and will more than likely end with a try for Leinster

The arguement about it getting rid of endless pick and goes makes sense.

What happened there is the other side of the coin and arguement against it.

The arguement about it getting rid of endless pick and goes makes sense.

What happened there is the other side of the coin and arguement against it.

Ya I guess so. Can see the idea behind it alright especially from pick and goes round the fringes. Just seems tough in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

The worst maul defence on pro rugby, by a distance. Extremely worrying that we haven't sorted it, months later.

Have we done one thing right since the 15th minute?

Big Papa pulling the Harlem Globetrotter plays

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

When did Connacht’s penalty advantage end?
    Leinster surely on a warning now too. blade pulled back on the break too, not seen.

razorblunt wrote: »
    When did Connacht’s penalty advantage end?
    Leinster surely on a warning now too. blade pulled back on the break too, not seen.

They took a 5m tap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

VDF really must hate Connacht.

Advertisement