Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Rainbow cup final hosted in Treviso

no need to be plot theorist to acknoledge we will play obviously vs 16 men today

if we therefore manage to win that, that would be really really impressive

I'm more interested to see young Murray and Prandergast gaining experience, and how McAlister is doing, as LH 3rd choice signing (or re-segning) is the last suspens of our squad for next season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

"connachta wrote:

no need to be plot theorist to acknoledge we will play obviously vs 16 men today

One yes it is and two hello Cj stander

freyners wrote: »
    One yes it is and two hello Cj stander

yes and two hello

mix the letters and that "two yellews" against us. It's written:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Zeugnis wrote: »
    I want to feel more positive about this, but I'm failing. Are there particular performances that come to mind with Robb and Arnold that inspired your confidence? My recollection is direct physicality (and, as you say, Robb being out forever with injury).

Exeter are no fools, they are a tight outfit with an excellent coach and the achievements to prove it. O'Brien does three years in the Academy and then straight off to a top team in the Prem for his first full professional contract? Is that what we have an Academy for? I think Connacht are having their pocket picked.

Maybe my scepticism will prove unfounded. But I wish him luck, if this is an error it's on management.

Robb was very good last season IMO, coincidentally the only season he has managed double digits starts in his senior career. He started two Champions Cup games, including the win over Gloucester. I can't recall specific performances but I do remember he was utterly dominant in the Pro 14, the lower-to-mid level teams couldn't handle him.

Sam Arnold started 19 games and scored 6 tries for Munster in 17-18 as a 21 year old. His form led to him getting an Ireland cap in the 2018 AIs. He started 4 Champions Cup games and I seem to remember was excellent away to Racing.

Obviously both have had their injury struggles since then but judging purely on their ability both are more than good enough for the positions they occupy within our depth chart.

Robb was very good last season IMO, coincidentally the only season he has managed double digits starts in his senior career. He started two Champions Cup games, including the win over Gloucester. I can't recall specific performances but I do remember he was utterly dominant in the Pro 14, the lower-to-mid level teams couldn't handle him.

Sam Arnold started 19 games and scored 6 tries for Munster in 17-18 as a 21 year old. His form led to him getting an Ireland cap in the 2018 AIs. He started 4 Champions Cup games and I seem to remember was excellent away to Racing.

Obviously both have had their injury struggles since then but judging purely on their ability both are more than good enough for the positions they occupy within our depth chart.

Robb was instrumental in a key victory for us earlier this season, Edinburgh away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

connachta wrote: »
    Rainbow cup final hosted in Treviso

no need to be plot theorist to acknoledge we will play obviously vs 16 men

That’s a disgraceful comment and bang out of order. Go become a ref if you want to dish out s***ty comments like that questioning someone’s integrity

its_phil wrote: »
    That’s a disgraceful comment and bang out of order. Go become a ref if you want to dish out s***ty comments like that questioning someone’s integrity

We'll see, hope it's gonna be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

554411.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Be sickening if Bucks goes this early into 200

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

That looks like a serious injury for Buckley. 30 seconds in to his 200th cap. Couldn't make it up. So many of those type of injuries at clear outs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Be sickening if Bucks goes this early into 200

Yeah terrible luck, hopefully not as serious as it looks.

Ah ffs. Poor Bucks

Tidy work from maul. Good start

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Who scored?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭testtech05

Sickened for poor Bucks. As others said can be a dangerous spot trying to turnover at the breakdown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Who scored?

Delahunt.

Nice try from Benetton too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭TRC10

Connacht really are playing against 16 here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

TRC10 wrote: »

And they will only have 14 soon

TRC10 wrote: »

Pens again, and again, and again, as expected

How is that not a yellow card hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Ah what a try that would have been

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Prendergast is very good, really looks like the total package.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Some break, pity it couldnt have been finished it would have been the try of the season

Having serious issues at the breakdown

Prendergast very impressive

Just chose his side at scrum

Off two posts haha

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The double doink!

Nice of them to give Treviso another crack an the kick. Good sportsmanship