Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

yerrahbah wrote: »
    Harsh penalty there

Breakdown refereeing bar 2 has been 1 way

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Is Porch generally guilty of errors? Conditions granted, that's a killer knock on under no pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭theVersatile

connachta wrote: »
    I got my point above, said again and again they had unlucky defeats, does't meau they are a "final" team at all

True - I'd say a final team are a team who win the majority of games in the competition - which Treviso have done up to now in the RC. I don't think opposition is hugely relevant - that always comes down to luck. La Rochelle got Sale of all teams in the Champions Cup knockouts, it doesn't make them not finalists.

I feel Bundee gives away a few too many of those breakdown penalties.

Is Porch generally guilty of errors? Conditions granted, that's a killer knock on under no pressure.

First year as FB, not his best area for now...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

I feel Bundee gives away a few too many of those breakdown penalties.

That was never a penalty. Unbelievably harsh

• Advertisement

I hate this game, it's just whistle blows every scrums and rucks.

I prefer Leicester defeat by far

Treviso are smiling before their scrum

At least!!!

So sloppy. Not sure it was actually knocked on though.

FFS that's a tier 3 game

• Advertisement

Bundee out for the Lions would be cherry on the cake

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

How many scrum penalties has McAllister conceded in the past couple games? If the Buckley injury is serious it will have ramifications for next season as well.

How many scrum penalties has McAllister conceded in the past couple games? If the Buckley injury is serious it will have ramifications for next season as well.

AFAIC McAlister is playing for a re-sign today and shouldn't be.
    A 3rd puppy LH would do better

At least great defence there

McAllister is getting absolutely creased. I thought he came to us a decent scrummager? He's been very poor this season.

Scrum is an outright disaster without Buckley and Bealham.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭GillLebowski

I'm really not seeing that many mistakes from the ref really... He's blowing up quickly but that's about it... Binder's penalty was 100% a penalty, never even moved after tackling except to lie on the player? And the scrum calls have seemed alright too?

Really think that now is the time to bring on Big Papa Leahy, Bladey and Jack... The only chances we have for getting a BP win...

I knew we were losing the game not only likely but very likely with Buckley off after 20 seconds

Harsh on Bealham that. Looked like Benetton walked the scrum around on his side.

Where is the pen here???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭testtech05

Harsh on Bealham that. Looked like Benetton walked the scrum around on his side.

I definitely thought the Treviso LH looked like he was walking around to his left that time.

McAllister must have conceded 7 or 8 scrum pens between the first half of the Munster game and tonight’s game. Can’t live with that.

Binder's penalty was 100% a penalty, never even moved after tackling except to lie on the player? And the scrum calls have seemed alright too?

1. Pretty sure the Benetton player was on top of him
    2. He didn't need to roll anywhere because the ball was already cleanly back on Benetton's side? He wasn't even touching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Ref hasnt a clue with the scrum, bealham wrecked their LH.

Not sure how he came to that decision

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭GillLebowski

Bazzo wrote: »
    1. Pretty sure the Benetton player was on top of him
    2. He didn't need to roll anywhere because the ball was already cleanly back on Benetton's side? He wasn't even touching it.

He has to get out of there before a player falls on him... Or before another player can hold him in... Marmion and Blade are masters at getting penalties for this...

Was it Boyle that was attempting to rob the ball? If so Bundee can't be anywhere near it... If no Connacht player tried to rob the ball nothing would've been called...

He has to get out of there before a player falls on him... Or before another player can hold him in... Marmion and Blade are masters at getting penalties for this...

Was it Boyle that was attempting to rob the ball? If so Bundee can't be anywhere near it... If no Connacht player tried to rob the ball nothing would've been called...

Why would he need to roll away from an onside position where he is not touching the ball?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Some very impressive play by Benetton

Connacht have played crap but are still in it somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭testtech05

Can't see us robbing this one today I'm afraid

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,642 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

No scrum

No win

Advertisement