Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭theVersatile

connachta wrote: »
    Absolutely nothing impressive. They didn't break the line once

What exactly would you call the centre's run before the Benetton try, if not a line break?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

He dropped his knees was low as he could,

Rugby is becoming a mess

Unless they can overturn the red card, the ban will be a long one. They'll add on weeks/games because of his previous.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Thing is when you replay these incidents and slow it down to a crawl you can always find some incidental contact as the head moves even when first contact is to the chest area.

But that’s where we are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Well Eir sports completely crapped out for the last 10 mins of this match (again!!!)
    Won’t be sad to see them go

Congratulations to Benetton even though as a Munster supporter I really wanted Connacht to do us a favour

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

He’s an absolute liability and Connacht are wasting money paying him a wage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭GillLebowski

What’s the difference, Findlay just got a shoulder to the head. Red if we go to super slow mo

Jesus Christ... Are you actually serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

He dropped his knees was low as he could,

Rugby is becoming a mess

The mess is the lawsuits that are coming if rugby doesn’t stamp hits to head out. Not your team getting red cards that are inconvenient

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭OldRio

Awful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

What’s the difference, Findlay just got a shoulder to the head. Red if we go to super slow mo

Why are connacht not challenging so?

It wasn't a shoulder to the head by Papa... It was to the neck, which is the same punishment as the head, that's probably why it mightn't have looked like a shoulder to the head...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭testtech05

salmocab wrote: »
    He’s an absolute liability and Connacht are wasting money paying him a wage.

I don't think we can afford a viable alternative though that's the thing. He is the kind of player we are hoping to turn into a player rather than just being able to go out and get a ready made solution.....

To be honest I thought he had improved that aspect of his game a lot over the last few games but big step backwards again tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

Disappointing that Connacht couldn't grab the win but Treviso were very good. Aki had little or no impact and Sammy Arnold, whilst a solid professional, is never going to set the world alight.

Biggest issue was the front row though. Benneton painted a picture early on and that was that.

I've been saying it all season... Out of every sport I've ever watched, between single athletes and players or team sports...

Connacht are easily the most frustrating team ever in sports... But then again, that's probably what makes it even more enjoyable when they win...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I've been saying it all season... Out of every sport I've ever watched, between single athletes and players or team sports...

Connacht are easily the most frustrating team ever in sports... But then again, that's probably what makes it even more enjoyable when they win...

Very hard to win any game with a scrum as bad as that. McAllister and RM are a massive step down from Buckley and Bealham. Been clear as day the last two games.

But even apart from that Connacht were just full of errors. Bad kicking, dropped balls. The lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

testtech05 wrote: »
    I don't think we can afford a viable alternative though that's the thing. He is the kind of player we are hoping to turn into a player rather than just being able to go out and get a ready made solution.....

To be honest I thought he had improved that aspect of his game a lot over the last few games but big step backwards again tonight

I get what Connacht were after getting him, he’s not worth the hassle though. He isn’t learning and they should have quietly let him move on. I presume he’s not getting a huge wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Very very poor from Connacht. Bundee was very rusty but that is understandable with his lack of games. Buckley injury looks bad but hopefully not. McCallister phoning it in for the second game. Totally unacceptable even if he has not been re-signed. 3rd red for Papalii again unacceptable. He shouldn't be tackling above the waist until his technique drastically improves. A LH is needed more than this new second row right now.
    Positives: Prendergast, Delahunt and Murray worked their asses off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

What exactly would you call the centre's run before the Benetton try, if not a line break?

A non-defensive effort, Treviso, even there, didn't really create anything, we just weren't able to move the line.

They're a solid team, making opponent work and burst sometimes, but absolutely unimpressive.
    Nobody with a minimal honnesty would say they deserve a final

Sale are not Zebre, and LaRochelle have beaten great teams, absolutely no comparison

A non-defensive effort, Treviso, even there didn't really create anything, we just weren't able to move the line.

They're a solid team, making oppent work and burst sometimes, but absolutely unimpressive.
    Nobody with a minimal honnesty would say they deserve a final

Sale are not Zebre, and LaRochelle have beaten great teams, absolutely no comparison

Unless they lose to Ospreys they absolutely deserve to be in the final, regardless of how that may go. Connacht got their arses handed to them in the tight exchanges and that was enough. Rugby doesn't have to be all singing and dancing to be effective.

Unless they lose to Ospreys they absolutely deserve to be in the final, regardless of how that may go. Connacht got their arses handed to them in the tight exchanges and that was enough. Rugby doesn't have to be all singing and dancing to be effective.

It's just like you're saying rugby is as good when England win than New Zealand LOL

Treviso played solid and poor. Connacht were poorer. Nothing to admire from that Italian team. They're doing the basics. Not enough IMO vs 2tier rugby team like Perpignan or Ealing. We were poorer than that, we lost Papa for half of the season, Bundee will be behind Henshaw for Lions
    Good day

Tweet I agree with

That is grossly unfair on Papali'i. Something has to be done about the high tackle and how it is being refereed. Players are going lower and lower so that it looks like they are being hit high. Players are being targeted now. Especially those who might have a "Reputation".

The man is just put under the radar and Captain challenge is the end of his carreer

• Advertisement

It's just like you're saying rugby is as good when England win than New Zealand LOL

Treviso played solid and poor. Connacht were poorer. Nothing to admire from that Italian team. They're doing the basics. Not enough IMO vs 2tier rugby team like Perpignan or Ealing. We were poorer than that, we lost Papa for half of the season, Bundee will be behind Henshaw
    Good day

What? So when South Africa were the dominant international team from '07 to' 09 they were somehow less impressive just because they weren't known for their offloading or end to end play? That's bull**** and pure snobbery. The game can be played in a variety of ways and so long as a team is winning it doesn't matter if all their scores are three pointers.

I actually can't believe the audacity of a Connacht fan looking down their nose at another club, saying they're not good enough and don't deserve to be there. Wasn't that long ago ye were in a similar position and if everyone had of had that attitude at the time there'd be three provinces playing, not four.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Half of the season out, then, we should have let him go to France

Only a couple of months ago you were raving about the guy in nearly every post, doesn't take much to turn you around does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

testtech05 wrote: »

After his couple of red cards he has been scrutinised by the TMO on a couple of occasions with a few hits which were 50/50 and got away with them. I have sympathy for a fella who gets a red card nowadays especially when it takes a few mins of forensic video evidence but at this stage he's a complete liability.

What? So when South Africa were the dominant international team from '07 to' 09 they were somehow less impressive just because they weren't known for their offloading or end to end play? That's bull**** and pure snobbery? The game can be played in a variety of ways and so long as a team is winning it doesn't matter if all their scores are three pointers.

I actually can't believe the audacity of a Connacht fan looking down their nose at another club, saying they're not good enough and don't deserve to be there. Wasn't that long ago ye were in a similar position and if everyone had of had that attitude at the time there'd be three provinces playing, not four.

100% disagree

Yes I prefer tries for 3 pointers, offload to "nothing as today"
    That's a perfectly viable and honest opinion

For the 2nd point it's even worse.
    Connacht was never ever in a situation to face Dragons weeks and weeks out.
    That's what is happening with Treviso and Zebre

That's unfair to everyone and they don't deserve any final. Obviously.

Pro14 is biaised. Short competition like Rainbow Cup the way it has to be coceave is just a joke.
    For gametime, not merit

Tweet I agree with

That is grossly unfair on Papali'i. Something has to be done about the high tackle and how it is being refereed. Players are going lower and lower so that it looks like they are being hit high. Players are being targeted now. Especially those who might have a "Reputation".

The man is just put under the radar and Captain challenge is the end of his carreer

AP didn't go low tho. Thats the problem.

100% disagree

Yes I prefer tries for 3 pointers, offload to "nothing as today"
    That's a perfectly viable and honest opinion

For the 2nd point it's even worse.
    Connacht was never ever in a situation to face Dragons weeks and weeks out.
    That's what is happening with Treviso and Zebre

That's unfaair to everyone and they don't deserve any final. Obviously.

Connacht beat Munster and Ulster.

Blew a 14-0 (?) Lead v Leinster

You really can't complain.

I remember England in '03 and South Africa in '07 playing really exciting rugby to win them World Cups... Somebody should let them know that they weren't playing rugby properly...

Only a couple of months ago you were raving about the guy in nearly every post, doesn't take much to turn you around does it.

Took me a 12-weeks ban.

Half of a season.

I love Papa but he won't play again.

The bet on him was lost because of captain challenge adding to new law interpretation.

He would have been a serious addition 3 years ago.

The bet on him was lost because of captain challenge adding to new law interpretation.
    What has the captains challenge got to do with it

• Advertisement

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Connacht beat Munster and Ulster.

Blew a 14-0 (?) Lead v Leinster

You really can't complain.

Hell yes I can, Connacht, Leinster, Munster, Ulster, Glasgow, Edinburgh can.

They'd like to get 10 points vs Zebre offered 90% of the times too in a 5-games competition
    (I'm really kind imagining Zebre winning 10% of the time vs Irish provinces)

Ospreys, Scarlets, Cardiff, to a lesser extent as they have Dragons sometimes

Advertisement