Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Two incredibly average teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

its_phil wrote: »
    Not sure about that one Mike..got away with one

As soon as any part of his body other than his feet touch the ground, the tackle is complete and the tackler has to release. This 'Not Held in the tackle' thing means the tackler lost his grip while the tackled player was still on his feet and so the 'tackled' player gets to get back to his feet and continue to play

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Not sure about that one Mike..got away with one

Tackle was complete. You can reach out and place the ball but you cannot roll forward

Putrid rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Tackle was complete. You can reach out and place the ball but you cannot roll forward

Fair enough..got away with it regardless though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭testtech05

After praising him earlier that was a very bad miss by Jack. Needed to score after some pressure and get 2 scores ahead. Instead we back under pressure now

How can Dillane possibly think he could get away with that?

That was King Carlos s*** from Jack.

Pure filth

Has there been a single TMO check or high tackle in this game?

Has there been a single TMO check or high tackle in this game?

Well talk about timing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭OldRio

Utter bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭OldRio

Great defensive set

Great to hear the fields

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Great to hear some inebriated players butchering Fields of Athenry

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Some hit from Dowling there right at the end.

Great to hear some inebriated players butchering Fields of Athenry

It’s like one small thing after probably the toughest season they will ever play.

I totally respect the way they kept themselves during Covid,

Very professional

A credit to the west of Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Juventu4

Powerful tackle from Dowling at the end, has he had many starts for Connacht this season? Looked decent from what I saw in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Win to balance perfectly a yin and yang season,
    as many joy than sorrow

Mix of high and down in every areas

93% tackling rate and 8 turnovers won, big + of tonight guys!

Butler to be capped just to be IQ and allow us to recruit the Saffer? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

connachta wrote: »
    Butler to be capped just to be IQ and allow us to recruit the Saffer? :D

He already is IQ. He doesn't prevent any signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭testtech05

Buer wrote: »

I think he counts as NIQ in matchday squads etc though even though he is IQ unless he gets capped I think I read earlier this season

I was surprised too but apparently 3 years are not enough without cap

• Registered Users Posts: 21,693 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

testtech05 wrote: »
    I think he counts as NIQ in matchday squads etc though even though he is IQ unless he gets capped I think I read earlier this season

Not sure if that's true because Munster have Marshall, Knox, Salanoa and Cloete who are IQ by residency but haven't been capped yet.

But they had Cloete, Salanoa and DeAllende in their 23 against Ulster earlier in the competition

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Not sure if that's true because Munster have Marshall, Knox, Salanoa and Cloete who are IQ by residency but haven't been capped yet.

But they had Cloete, Salanoa and DeAllende in their 23 against Ulster earlier in the competition

South African players are classed as EU due to Kolpak I think whereas Australian aren't

• Registered Users Posts: 21,693 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

South African players are classed as EU due to Kolpak I think whereas Australian aren't

Yeah you're right completely forgot about the Kolpak bullshít

Ref was technically right though the try fo Spreys would have been given 90% of the time. But I disagree (and honestly think that was costly for them) when he refused all quick penalties taps...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Friend has spoken about this I'm pretty sure in the recent past. Until he's actually capped I think he still counts as NIQ. He's also one of the players who, if uncapped after December this year, becomes ineligible for another year until he meets the 5 year requirement.

I'm just mentioning it as an interesting quirk, not actually bothered if he's capped one way or the other and don't believe it actually matters as the IRFU can and have been flexible on the rule in the past. I'm also not arsed about us signing another centre either(we just released a potentially very good one off to Exeter).

Connacht and the IRFU should definitely be moving heaven and earth to try to get a good loosehead in now for cover, whether he's IQ or NIQ, even just on a one year deal. James Cronin would be absolutely perfect if he's still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Didn't get to watch the game live(ye're welcome for the win) so just watching it back now. One or two blips aside Carty has been great, getting back into good form. Hopefully he carries that mental boost into the start of next season. Also very impressed with Prendergast and Aungier from the young guns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭ShineyShiney

Great to close out the season with a win. A well deserved break now. We have a good squad for next year. Exciting to see prendergast, S. Masterson, Dowling, Murray, Aungier, Duggan and Reilly try to force themselves into our starting team added to 2 decent looking new recruits and hopefully a fully fit Farrell, Robb and Sean o Brien.

As ever targets will be Champions cup qualification, playoff in the league and being in contention on the last round of the group fixtures of the champions cup.

And a personal wish from me, 2 from 2 vrs Munster every year for eternity.

Advertisement