Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,638 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

connachta wrote: »
    "Buckley is injured, you need 200K, you won't have that, you have to cancel Bolton, just like you cancel Reece"

serious lack of self awareness there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Based on the view of Saffers on Twitter, looks like cracking bit of business. If we could get James Cronin or someone of similar calibre, would have a strengthened squad for next season which given Covid is pretty decent.

Roux obviously the big loss but between Murray’s development and Fifita should hopefully be to manage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

"Buckley is injured, you need 200K, you won't have that, you have to cancel Bolton, just like you cancel Reece"

You’re a disgrace to Connacht supporters with a comment like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

its_phil wrote: »
    You’re a disgrace to Connacht supporters with a comment like that.

Whaaat? I'm saying IRFU won't give us money for a LH we desperately need and force us to leave Bolton. Forgot about Reece that was the point

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Whaaat? I'm saying IRFU won't give us money for a LH we desperately need and force us to leave Bolton. Forgot about Reece that was the point

Connacht make the choice of signing. Irfu say Yes/No. This is connachts choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Ah **** lads. Please not the Reece debate again ffs.

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Connacht make the choice of signing. Irfu say Yes/No. This is connachts choice.

No that's not the situation.
    Connacht have a budget just about enough for Bolton
    Than Buckey got injured. Heeelp we cry. And IRFU will say no problem, use Bolton money for a medical joker, the guy isn't signed yet.

That's what I fear. IQ (he is) or not

It seems he has signed a contract so he will arrive, clubs can’t cancel contracts for no reason, reece was different.

Paddy McAllister confirmed he was leaving right? Connacht should really clarify who’s going at this stage as in release full list as per normal. Nine players were mentioned as departing on tg4 on Friday.

So down to Burke and Duggan, can’t go into season with two loose heads so have to make signing surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

I think a lot gets lost in translation guys I don't think Connachta was trying to be offensive.

ClanofLams wrote: »
    It seems he has signed a contract so he will arrive, clubs can’t cancel contracts for no reason, reece was different.

Paddy McAllister confirmed he was leaving right? Connacht should really clarify who’s going at this stage as in release full list as per normal. Nine players were mentioned as departing on tg4 on Friday.

So down to Burke and Duggan, can’t go into season with two loose heads so have to make signing surely.

Don't know about McAllister. + if Kenny's leaving we're still very tense...

• Advertisement

FACECUTTR wrote: »
    I think a lot gets lost in translation guys I don't think Connachta was trying to be offensive.

Reece allusion was not appropriate, I admit (even if we can regret the rugby guy).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

ClanofLams wrote: »

Any surprises amongst the names mentioned?

Any surprises amongst the names mentioned?

Names weren’t mentioned one of the players said it post match butler or blade I think in their interview.

No idea about McAllister, sorry I thought he had confirmed it himself but obviously thinking of someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

Who do we know is leaving for sure so, Fitzgerald, roux, Kenny, de buitlear, sob?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Wegians89 wrote: »
    Who do we know is leaving for sure so, Fitzgerald, roux, Kenny, de buitlear, sob?

I'd guess Kerins and possibly Dean. That's just my opinion, not based on anything

macslash wrote: »
    I'd guess Kerins and possibly Dean. That's just my opinion, not based on anything

McAllister and gallagher would be my guesses at the final two

No that's not the situation.
    Connacht have a budget just about enough for Bolton
    Than Buckey got injured. Heeelp we cry. And IRFU will say no problem, use Bolton money for a medical joker, the guy isn't signed yet.

That's what I fear. IQ (he is) or not

You dont actually know any of that. It's all just bluster and bullsh1t from you.

You are just guessing and blaming the IRFU for no actual reason.

Wegians89 wrote: »

Nothing concrete on de Buitléar or Kenny yet unless I've missed something?

Nothing concrete on de Buitléar or Kenny yet unless I've missed something?

I think there was a few Instagram good byes

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    You dont actually know any of that. It's all just bluster and bullsh1t from you.

You are just guessing and blaming the IRFU for no actual reason.

It's a very likely possibility if Bolton hasn't signed a paper, certainly not bull**** but you just don't want to admit it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭briandebum

From Murray Kinsella on twitter:

Connacht confirm list of departing players this summer:

Conor Dean
    Colm de Buitlear
    Cillian Gallagher
    Conor Kenny
    Stephen Kerins
    Paddy McAllister
    Quinn Roux
    Sean O’Brien
    Stephen Fitzgerald

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

The Connacht statement alludes to further signings which is good

Stephen Kerins has signed for Ealing.

Unfortunate that Cillian Gallagher never really got a clean run of games, looked an outstanding prospect. Hopefully he can kick on elsewhere.

The Connacht statement alludes to further signings which is good

Bolton and a loose head and Connacht would be in a very nice place

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Where's DeBuitléar going?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭RonnieL

dregin wrote: »
    Where's DeBuitléar going?

No idea, but he did some punditry with TG4 at the weekend. Didn't understand a word, but he seemed pretty good!

It's a very likely possibility if Bolton hasn't signed a paper, certainly not bull**** but you just don't want to admit it

No its not.

Connacht, like other provinces ID targets and the IRFU say yay or nay. Connacht would have Identified Bolton, IRFU said yay.

Then Buckley got injured. So no, the IRFU aren't messing connacht about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

"Connacht Rugby are continuing to shape the Professional squad for next season and further announcements will be made in due course"

This is the quote from Connacht Rugby.
    Sounds like more than 1 so hopefully it would be a LH for Buckley and Bolton.

https://twitter.com/connachtrugby/status/1402253636906983428?s=21

Paddy Mcallister retiring, another guy that injuries impacted hugely. Gave his all when available.

• Advertisement

Such a shame to see two of our most promising u20 internationals of the past 10 years quietly leaving the province. Hopefully they, and any young players we release, can get minutes under their belts and potentially return some day.

Squad depth is now looking incredibly shallow at loosehead, tighthead, tighthead lock, and outhalf. The other positions are nicely stocked imo.

Advertisement