Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brexit Thread

• 02-01-2021 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I've picked up two infractions here.

One for politely thanking a poster and the other, rather ironically for refusing to engage further with an hysterical poster and stating I'm going back to lurking.

Were either of these really necessary?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,962 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you discussed these with the two mods concerned? You must attempt to resolve this directly with the relevant mods via PM before starting a thread here

I would also suggest you read the Politics Charter as this is applied quite strictly

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Dr Cockhound

Thanks very much for your help Beasty. I don't think there's a lot of point to be honest.

I see others posting what are in my opinion, much bigger infractions without sanction. The thread is a bit of a heated hopefest of ills to befall Brexit and anyone who might support it rather than a measured discussion.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,962 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Regardless I would ask you to read the forum Charter as you may well find specific rules you did not comply with. If, having done so, you think others are breaching forum rules please report the posts and moderators will have a look

I have since read the rules and where I can now see how I've possibly trangressed them, I'm left feeling that the rules are somewhat, selectively applied.

It's no reflection at all on Boards.ie in any way but I'm used to forums where the Moderators are impartial in their posts and don't take sides or express opinions.

I don't therefore think I'm a good fit here and thus doubt I'll bring anything constructive to the discussion. I'll go back to lurking.

Please accept my sincerest thanks for taking time out of your no doubt busy day, to engage with me. It's truly and genuinely appreciated.

Don't worry about that at all. The vast majority of posters on this site are always very civil, and it's nice to interact with posters in a civil fashion (which is not always the case in this and indeed the Prison forum)

What I would suggest is having a look around the site. There are hundreds of forums catering for all sorts of topics. Many do just lurk, but this site is a mine of information if posters dig down a little below some of the larger forums.

• Advertisement

Many thanks again, and I will take your advice.

Advertisement