Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP 7720 doing printhead dance every job

Options
  • 02-01-2021 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

My HP 7720 is working fine EXCEPT a few weeks ago it suddenly started moving the printhead back and forth before every print job.

When it finally decides to print, it's normal, but it seems to be performing some kind of long, complex alignment or reset every time I send a job to print.

This happens no matter what I print from (desktop, laptop, iPad, Android, Windows, Mac, Linux) so it's NOT a driver problem — it's something internal to the printer. It's connected to my LAN, and it's probably set to auto-update: has there been a HP update pushed out late 2020 that might have changed a setting, does anyone know?

Or has anyone come across this behaviour before?

[EDIT] I opened its built-in web access, and the firmware build date is 2020-10-12 (ELLISXLP1N003.2042A.00) and that's probably the date it started playing up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭frisket

This finally fixed itself at the next upgrade, so it's all working again.

Advertisement