Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread Ban Appeal

Options
  • 02-01-2021 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was banned for trolling in this thread:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058145057

For this post:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=115767503

I was not my intention to troll. I was consistently trying to point out that nobody should be jumping to conclusion about what happened during the incident until the incident has been fully reported. I concede I might have used a better example or chosen less provocative language in the offending post.

I would like also to take this opportunity to take issue with the title of the thread.

"Shop thief shot dead in Clonee".

It hasn't been reported, by any reputable source, that a robbery took place. The altercation may have been due to something else, like not wearing a mask for example. Can you please alter the thread title or find some report of a robbery.

Regards and thanks,

Tony

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Just to support my point about the thread title problem. This is from the Gardai statement:
    “At approximately 12.15pm, today Wednesday 30th December 2020, Gardaí responded to reports of a public order incident at a business premises in Hartstown,” the Garda said in a statement.

It cites a 'Public Order Incident' not a robbery.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda-ombudsman-to-investigate-shooting-dead-of-man-by-garda%C3%AD-in-co-dublin-1.4447470

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I can look at your yellow card but thread bans are not part of the remit if this forum.

Can you provide the pm exchange you had with the mod where you attempted to resolve the issue?

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I can look at your yellow card but thread bans are not part of the remit if this forum.

Can you provide the pm exchange you had with the mod where you attempted to resolve the issue?
    Necro wrote:
    Wombatman wrote:
    Necro wrote:
    Dear Wombatman,

You have been warned for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

Necro

Moderator Note

Seriously? Stop winding the thread up - you are now threadbanned

Your post:
    Wombatman wrote: »
    Collie D wrote: »
    I don’t see any other reason for this guy being shot. Have you an alternative view you’d like to share?

What facts are you basing your final analysis on?

Did one of the Gardai say "Come at me with that knife you black bastard and I'll shoot you in the face"? I don't know. Do you?

Can we just hang on until all the facts come out and stop making ridiculous assumptions like the one I made above?

I'm not in any way attempting to troll people or wind them up. You may have taken my post out of context. Please review my history in the thread and on boards in general and you will see I'm not interested in trolling.

In that post I was attempting to highlight the danger swapping fact with assumption and conjecture.

Tony

I fail to see what purpose that post serves other than to wind others up.

You can use the Dispute Resolution Forum if you wish to challenge the decision

Regards,

Necro

See pm exchange above as requested.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi

I am going to uphold the yellow card here. I think your use of language in the relevant post is unfortunate at best.
    As stated I will not be dealing with the threadban as that is at the mods discretion however if you reengage with the mod they might entertain over turning it.

If you want a further admin review let me know.

Hi

I am going to uphold the yellow card here. I think your use of language in the relevant post is unfortunate at best.
    As stated I will not be dealing with the threadban as that is at the mods discretion however if you reengage with the mod they might entertain over turning it.

If you want a further admin review let me know.

Thanks. Will leave it there. I would like to contribute to the thread but can't see the threadban being lifted.

Did you get a chance to review the problem with the thread title?

• Advertisement

Wombatman wrote: »
    Did you get a chance to review the problem with the thread title?

Not my remit. Try feedback forum.

Thanks

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Not my remit. Try feedback forum.

Thanks

It's not sitewide feedback

Help Desk deals with that sort of thing, although a poster should firstly discuss it with the relevant mod(s)

Beasty wrote: »
    It's not sitewide feedback

Help Desk deals with that sort of thing, although a poster should firstly discuss it with the relevant mod(s)

Noted.

Can you mark this as closed?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement