Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maldron Port Laois

Options
  • 02-01-2021 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I cant figure out from the maps, is this hotel closer to the train station or the kylie sc?
    Is it a safe walkable distance from the train station?

Tks

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Bredabe wrote: »
    Hi,
    I cant figure out from the maps, is this hotel closer to the train station or the kylie sc?
    Is it a safe walkable distance from the train station?

Tks

Kylie sc??

Do you mean the killeshin Hotel?

Google maps tells me that it's a 35min walk from the Killeshin and 34 mins from the maldron

So much of a muchness

Both walks would be very safe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Kylie sc??

Do you mean the killeshin Hotel?

Google maps tells me that it's a 35min walk from the Killeshin and 34 mins from the maldron

So much of a muchness

Both walks would be very safe[/QU

Maybe I have that wrong, a set of shops close to the park? but as I'll now be coming by train, is it a safe walk from the train station(path/lights all the way?)

Ah OK, the Kyle shopping centre.

yes it's lit all the way as you will be walking through the town center.... From the train station to the shopping center

Ah OK, the Kyle shopping centre.

yes it's lit all the way as you will be walking through the town center.... From the train station to the shopping center

So the walk from the railway station to the maldron is a safe one? I've found those maps can be a bit short of information in terms of when paths end or if there are pedestrians, so I needed local's know-how.

Bredabe wrote: »
    So the walk from the railway station to the maldron is a safe one? I've found those maps can be a bit short of information in terms of when paths end or if there are pedestrians, so I needed local's know-how.

So now the shopping center has nothing to do with your query??
    It's quite confusing.

If I've got it right, now your arriving at the train station and walking to the maldron?

That's a long walk.

Yes it will be lit for the majority of the way, but you will have to criss cross the abbeyleix road in sections to stay with the lights.

Use Google maps to see the route yourself

• Advertisement

So now the shopping center has nothing to do with your query??
    It's quite confusing.

If I've got it right, now your arriving at the train station and walking to the maldron?

That's a long walk.

Yes it will be lit for the majority of the way, but you will have to criss cross the abbeyleix road in sections to stay with the lights.

Use Google maps to see the route yourself
    Thanks so much for that, as I said, I've found local knowledge to be more reliable for things like that than the maps.

It's an either-or situation as to if we will take the bus(depending on one train) or if we take the more direct one that leaves us at the station. Hense the two landmarks. Esp as there is disagreement on which side of the town the hotel is on.

Advertisement