Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excess insurance - van hire?

• 02-01-2021 6:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭

Trying to find excess insurance for a van rental somewhere online only to find the usual options for Irish customers seem to prohibit vans from their excess insurance, only offering coverage for cars.

Does anyone know of or has used a company for excess insurance on a rental van?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,027 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The rental company will offer it, I hired from Enterprise and they did. It's expensive but after hiring and paying their access cover they are good with damage so I won't be taking it again if I hire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Del2005 wrote: »
    The rental company will offer it, I hired from Enterprise and they did. It's expensive but after hiring and paying their access cover they are good with damage so I won't be taking it again if I hire.

Yeah they have it available but for €18 per day. Looking to rent it for 4-5 days so was looking for a cheaper third party solution!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,027 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Vikings wrote: »
    Yeah they have it available but for €18 per day. Looking to rent it for 4-5 days so was looking for a cheaper third party solution!

Who are you renting from?

Advertisement