Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Secure Comms-Connection problem

Options
  • 02-01-2021 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have HKC alarm system connected Wi-Fi to Ubiquity Access Point.
    Ubiquity AP is wired to BT Home Hub 6 Router.
    BT Hub event log shows successful connection to alarm polling every few minutes. ("Device Connected" status in response to DHCP request).
    However, most of the time I am not able to connect to the alarm via HKC SecureComms app.
    Also, most of the time, I cannot ping the alarm IP address from PC connected to home network.
    I recieve response "Destination Host Unreachable", or "Timed Out", although sometimes I receive successful reply from pinging the IP.
    I can successfully communicate with other devices connected to Home network and via Ubiquity AP.
    My alarm installer seems to believe that the issue is with the BT Home Hub, but is there a fix for this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭kub

Is there any mobile networks available where the HKC Communicator is fitted ?

I have never some across the issue you are having with your wifi connection, has your installer queried this issue with HKC tech ?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Check your WIFI signal strength at the alarm panel. Use an app such as WIFI analyser.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭altor

daveiw100 wrote: »
    I have HKC alarm system connected Wi-Fi to Ubiquity Access Point.
    Ubiquity AP is wired to BT Home Hub 6 Router.
    BT Hub event log shows successful connection to alarm polling every few minutes. ("Device Connected" status in response to DHCP request).
    However, most of the time I am not able to connect to the alarm via HKC SecureComms app.
    Also, most of the time, I cannot ping the alarm IP address from PC connected to home network.
    I recieve response "Destination Host Unreachable", or "Timed Out", although sometimes I receive successful reply from pinging the IP.
    I can successfully communicate with other devices connected to Home network and via Ubiquity AP.
    My alarm installer seems to believe that the issue is with the BT Home Hub, but is there a fix for this

I have some connected through Wi-Fi to Ubiquity Access Point.

Only issue I've seen is if it tries to connect to the same name of the router and then back again.

Can you change the name of the network and connect that way?

Advertisement