Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopify Shop Build

Options
  • 03-01-2021 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I am currently building a website and I am wondering about the shipping zones?

My suppliers are based all over the world and I will ship all over the world if nessesary. So I presume I will need several shipping zones and shippng rates for each country. Then X rate will be calculated by the system depending on customer location.

I'm new to Shopify but the Helpdesk on Shipping isn't very clear.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Protelos01

This is fairly tricky for a new site, but I guess it is in your business model so has to be done. So the main issue is that you will have a decent amount of Ship From addresses?

I know out of the box Shopify has good zones for ship to locations but since you need a good amount of combinations of zones I think you will need an app for this.

I would do a trial and error on all to top rated apps and see what will work, some of the ones I have worked with are: shipeasy, shippo and advanced shipping rules. You could also look at shipperHQ but that is a bit more than an app and can be 300 a month or so.

Out of curiosity (and this may add complexity to your rules) are your suppliers use a UPS or fed ex or will they just use the local an post equivalent?

I am interested in this now and might add a few of the apps to my test site and get back to you.

Also, if you don’t have a huge amount of ship from addresses and not a lot of products you could get a quote for shipping to your most popular locations and bake in the shipping costs to the product and give free shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Shopify support is amazing, in terms of the forums/chats between people, if you summarize your question and put it into google you should find the answer, i usually find all the answers no problem re shopify issues

If it's a bit too tricky would you consider putting up the prices of the items and calling it 'free shipping'? if it was worth your while?

My supplier includes delivery when I buy a product so maybe it's easier but worth a thought.

Advertisement