Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365 online. Are we losing the web site and must use app?

Options
  • 03-01-2021 4:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

Hello BOI :) 

I am just wondering if the 365 web site will work for much longer? Do I have to get the app to continue using 365? I live in Germany so must I have an Irish registered Mobile phone number for the app?

Many thanks in advance.

Gar32 

Comments

Can I ask why you're asking this? I haven't seen anything that would indicate this being the case (I use the website a lot, so would be very annoyed to see it go).

That said, i very much doubt they'd lose the website. I don't think any bank have replaced their website with an app?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Pcgamer

Not a hope the website will be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

Maybe the WEB site will stay but the app maybe needed to log into it. I have a German account and I have to use my phone app to log in. It shows a Q code which the apps reads and gives you a 1 time log in code. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Pcgamer

gar32 wrote: »
    Maybe the WEB site will stay but the app maybe needed to log into it. I have a German account and I have to use my phone app to log in. It shows a Q code which the apps reads and gives you a 1 time log in code. 

You can always get a cheap android phone, switch the region on it to Ireland in the play store(can change this once or twice a year) and use the app.

gar32 wrote: »
    My Credit Union do this. It's very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi Gar32,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Twitter.

You can still continue to use the desktop version of 365 online. If you would like to register for the Mobile App, you can certainly do so, however, you will just need to ensure we have the most up to date contact number for you.

You can update your contact number on the desktop version of 365 by following 'Manage Accounts' > 'Amend my Mobile Phone'. Please be sure to add the appropriate prefix if it is a number outside of ROI.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks, Aisling

Advertisement