Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does this Ryzen 5 3600 | RTX 3070 build look?

Options
  • 03-01-2021 9:31am

Took a bit of a notion yesterday to build a PC to replace my gaming laptop and spent ages doing research.

I only heard about PCI4 for the first time yesterday so that should give some idea of where my current knowledge lies. I tried to make this a PCI3 build and not waste any money. The total price is 1,050euro which is excellent here in Vietnam where a lot of components are overpriced if you can even find them. The shop would build it before purchase so I'm not worried about compatibility.

GHLRGO8.png

This will be used mostly for VR.. Stuff like Project Cars 2 / Alyx etc. Games my laptop can't run right so I don't really use the VR at all.

Is it a balanced build? I don't really care about future compatibility. Not even sure I'd really use this that much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Looks good, I'd have to go back and check out that mobo. Is a larger SSD or SATA SSD very expensive? I'm not a fan of mechanical drives even for storing games but it won't be a major issue with an SSD boot drive. Cooler might be a little loud.

Looks good, I'd have to go back and check out that mobo. Is a larger SSD or SATA SSD very expensive? I'm not a fan of mechanical drives even for storing games but it won't be a major issue with an SSD boot drive. Cooler might be a little loud.

Might do a 500gb ssd and then extra HDD. I don't mind them and haven't had trouble with them before.

Contacted the shop and they have everything except the 3070. Will get an Asus 3070 oc instead which is a bit more expensive. Feel lucky they have them at all with the general shortages.

Opted for a 3060TI instead because of the value. 907euro it works out at which is fantastic for Vietnam. They're building it now and will deliver it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

You're not going to notice much difference between a 3060ti and a 3070 IMHO.

Advertisement