Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canyon Endurace CF SL Disc

Options
  • 03-01-2021 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭

Eyeing up

https://www.canyon.com/en-ie/road-bikes/endurance-bikes/endurace/endurace-cf-sl-disc-8.0-pro/2509.html

or

https://www.canyon.com/en-ie/road-bikes/endurance-bikes/endurace/endurace-cf-sl-disc-7.0/2396.html

and have a few questions.

They are both listed as unavailable with no indication of when they will be in. Anyone any idea, I gather they are not obsoleted ? Couldn't find an email for canyon on their site and their web query page goes to the UK site. Anyone have an email ?

I like the larger tire clearance (looks like it can take up to some 35mm tires), competitive weights, comfort and the fact that the frame is at the more aggressive end of the endurance range.

Does anyone have any experience of the split seat post, does it feel in any way spongy on smoother roads ? Has anyone swapped it out for a standard post ?

I read somewhere too that the Potenza Campagnolo groupset has been dropped. Components look expensive and I'm wondering can you mix and match in the way you can with Shimano ? I would be thinking chains and cassettes in particular.

And finally are Canyon quoted weights reasonably accurate ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Eyeing up

https://www.canyon.com/en-ie/road-bikes/endurance-bikes/endurace/endurace-cf-sl-disc-8.0-pro/2509.html

or

https://www.canyon.com/en-ie/road-bikes/endurance-bikes/endurace/endurace-cf-sl-disc-7.0/2396.html

and have a few questions.

They are both listed as unavailable with no indication of when they will be in. Anyone any idea, I gather they are not obsoleted ? Couldn't find an email for canyon on their site and their web query page goes to the UK site. Anyone have an email ?

I like the larger tire clearance (looks like it can take up to some 35mm tires), competitive weights, comfort and the fact that the frame is at the more aggressive end of the endurance range.

Does anyone have any experience of the split seat post, does it feel in any way spongy on smoother roads ? Has anyone swapped it out for a standard post ?

I read somewhere too that the Potenza Campagnolo groupset has been dropped. Components look expensive and I'm wondering can you mix and match in the way you can with Shimano ? I would be thinking chains and cassettes in particular.

And finally are Canyon quoted weights reasonably accurate ?

I rode the split seatpost at the paris roubaix sportif. Big fan of it. Only flexes when it needs to. Noticeably more comfortable. Unlike the sworks cobble gobbler seatpost it replaced which did nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,391 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

was looking at buying one last year. but canyon couldn't tell me when they might have blue ones back in - used there chat function.
    once they sell out that seems to be it.

ended up with a 2019 di2 cannondale synapse I found on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Campag11 uses the same spacing on chains/cassettes across the whole range, so there is no problem there. There's also no problem mixing and matching with 11 speed chains/cassettes from Shimano/SRAM. The tolerance levels between the different specs are so marginal that all work fine. I've been running mostly a mix of Shimano/SRAM cassettes/chains on Campag groupsets for years.

You would need to check further re the pull ratio of the Potenza groupset. From memory I think it might have used a different one to the rest of the Campag11 range, which means possible spares issues further down the line if you break a shifter or derailleur.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I have the 2018 Endurace CF SL Disc 8.0 Aero

https://www.canyon.com/en-eg/outlet/gravel-bikes/endurace-cf-sl-disc-8.0-aero/50004114.html#all-components-section-tab

I haven't used wider tyres with the bike, but 35 mm might be very tight, 32 mm should be okay.

The flexible seatpost performs fine on a smooth road; it doesn't feel spongy or weird in any way. I haven't swapped it for a more standard seat post, I suppose it would be interesting to see if I notice a difference.

The 2018 version that I have came with full Ultegra so not sure if you can swap Campy for Shimano (I wouldn't have too much knowledge on this subject anyway).

The quoted weight of the frame/components is pretty accurate compared to the actual weights.

Overall I really the Endurace

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Plastik wrote: »
    Campag11 uses the same spacing on chains/cassettes across the whole range, so there is no problem there. There's also no problem mixing and matching with 11 speed chains/cassettes from Shimano/SRAM. The tolerance levels between the different specs are so marginal that all work fine. I've been running mostly a mix of Shimano/SRAM cassettes/chains on Campag groupsets for years.

You would need to check further re the pull ratio of the Potenza groupset. From memory I think it might have used a different one to the rest of the Campag11 range, which means possible spares issues further down the line if you break a shifter or derailleur.

Thanks, chains/cassettes are the things most likely to be first replaced. Regarding pull ratio I came across

"While Campagnolo’s current Super Record, Record, Chorus, and Potenza mechanical groupsets are all 11-speed, a Potenza rear derailleur will not pair well with Super Record, Record, or Chorus shifters. However, Potenza shifter will operate a Super Record, Record, or Chorus rear derailleur without any significant issues. In contrast, front derailleurs from each of these groupsets are all interchangeable."

which sounds what you are referring to. So if you are looking to replace a Potenze rear shifter with a different Campagnolo shifter, you'll need to replace the rear derailleur too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Are there any canyon shop dealers in ireland? They are a beautiful bike and was thinking of saving for one.

Canyon are online only, so no retail outlets.

Advertisement