Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Next 007....

• 03-01-2021 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭

.....should be a mixed race bisexual woman,

and i think Thandie Newton could fit the bill

well whaddya think??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

They will be very brave to make it another white male, that's for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

NIMAN wrote: »
    They will be very brave to make it another white male, that's for sure.

all the more reason to go the extra mile...and make it a woman, mixed race & bisexual

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

tri-racial, gender fluid, paraplegic, atheist rangers fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'd accept Jodie Comer if a progressive Bond is deemed necessary for the Millennials to keep buying tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,543 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I hope it's a trans person or something just to annoy everyone. Films haven't been good since the 70s anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Cannot wait until this flops and loses the production company Millions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Ruby Rose would be perfect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Have to disagree James Bond 007 is a male character that's it. Enough with this girl power trans power or what ever ****e you call it. Id rather they stop making them then recast it to a female.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭Treseemme.

Idris Elba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭StevenToast

They should put bond on ice for along time...maybe 5-10 years...

Like the transition from dalton to brosnan...

Let all the woke sh*t blow over and come back when people would be excited for it...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

James Bond is a white male.
    If the character has to be changed to meet some supposed societal expectation then the next Superman should be a gender fluid woman from a minority background and the next Wonder woman a man.

jonon9 wrote: »
    Have to disagree James Bond 007 is a male character that's it. Enough with this girl power trans power or what ever ****e you call it. Id rather they stop making them then recast it to a female.

Trans, mixed race, dyslexic blind person in a wheelchair is the only option..... Who has mental health issues (obviously)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

The joy of the bond character is you can fly in the face of the woke brigade if you want to as that's the character , that's its history and the woke brigade may be vocal but they are not numerous , go woke go broke has been proven by many films at this stage .
    Examples . Charlie's angels reboot , Ghostbusters reboot etc.

At a minimum they should be dead.
    All these suggestions are priviliging people who identify as alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

tri-racial, gender fluid, paraplegic, atheist rangers fan.

And a member of the travelling community.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭chrissb8

He's a quintessential British man, and that is a huge part of his character. Losers out there who just cannot accept it as a piece of good fiction that would not be the same if it was changed.

And it's just so obvious of a suggestion, why? for the sake of it? Why can't there just be a character or franchise formulated around the actress(es) they're trying to shoehorn in? Like, let them have their own thing. What's the point if an existing character is going to be changed around that much, just make a new one!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

Francis Brennan is.... SHAFT

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

If you want a strong trans character, create one. Don't chisel another existing character to fit it. James Bond in essence is meant to be a broken down trodden man. He's not something to aspire to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

007 james bond is a man. why change that. if they want to change things up a bit they should show other agents. 005 can be a woman, 003 a trans, 009 a native american etc. its a 3 no code so there is literly 998 other posible agents out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,153 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Obviously, the next Bond should be an angry, heavyset, pimply, neckbeard who only “kills” on computer games, is obsessed with American, and identity, politics and who both fears and hates women.

An unhealthy “interest” in cage fighting and WWF wrestling would be a requirement.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

They remade ghostbusters with an all female cast.
    It was the worst fcukin thing ever made.
    Some things just need to be left alone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

they should kill off Bond

say that as a huge fan of the series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭touts

They remade ghostbusters with an all female cast.
    It was the worst fcukin thing ever made.
    Some things just need to be left alone

That script and direction would still have been a **** film even if they had cast Samuel L Jackson, Robert DeNiro, Al Pacino and Denzel Washington.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭touts

For that new Batman TV series they killed off Bruce Wayne and made the character a gay woman. It was so bad even the lead actress packed it in.

Some characters are so gender specific to redefine them destroys the whole character. If that upsets the Woke generation then they should just not watch the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

touts wrote: »
    That script and direction would still have been a **** film even if they had cast Samuel L Jackson, Robert DeNiro, Al Pacino and Denzel Washington.

Why. I agree James Bond should be a man and keep him want to bed every woman but why should the color really matter with how good the movie is. Its true some people really want to be offended

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    they should kill off Bond

say that as a huge fan of the series

There's money to be made

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

As suggested above, expanding the franchise to other double O agents could be a good move for the franchise.

My suggestion would be Amber heard for 009

Not sure why she is 9 :-/

Muppet man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

James Bond's character was a white male, why mess with it?

Imagine the uproar if there was a film about Martin Luther King or Nelson Madella and they cast a white man just to be more inclusive.

The vast majority of people do not care about the colour of someone's skin, they just care what the person is like.

Most of the common day efforts regarding inclusivity only appear to be highlighting differences and creating further division.

Muppet Man wrote: »
    As suggested above, expanding the franchise to other double O agents could be a good move for the franchise.

My suggestion would be Amber heard for 009

Not sure why she is 9 :-/

Muppet man

Back in the day they had a 6 million dollar man

They introduced a 7 million dollar man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

If I was given the task of re-booting Bond yet again, I'd do a period piece set in the cold war and cast a young actor in the role. Give people the escapism they want, set in the most suitable world for it. The latter Craig film's were even omitting the high tech gadgets and returning to simplicity. If Bond belongs in the past, set him in the past....

Otherwise create a new franchise and do what you like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

They need to make it more camp like the Roger Moore ones. I am not into the kickboxing if I am being honest.

More hot babes - being very submissive and immune to polarised sexist innuendo - in short , more " oh James " please, with silk cocktail dress dropping to the floor stuff.

Someone with a cheeky smile to deliver all the sexist off hand remarks. Also needs to look sexy driving a sport car or throwing a grenade.

If they lose the mandatory car chase through a fruit and vegetable market I am out.

I reckon Snoop Doggy Dog would be ideal.

With da double O seven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,442 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

How about they start a new one spy in the next bond movie call her 006 or 009 and start a load of films on her and still have Bond as well that way everyone would be happy and could have them crossover a bit too once she gets established.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Thread Closed.

OP I would advise not starting such threads in the future or mods might start to think you are trolling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement