Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Daikin air to water noises

• 03-01-2021 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi

I have recently moved into a new build and we have a Daikin air to water pump. I'm just trying to get used to the noises in the house and figuring out which ones are normal/which are not normal! The indoor unit is in our utility which is beside our sitting room and under our main bedroom. At times I can hear noises coming from it. Sounds like heavy breathing or air being released at times. Not loud but i know I'm sensitive to noise!!!! I'm guessing it is just the unit working when it needs to but wanted to be sure as we can get builders in. I've asked plumber and he hasn't heard it but seems to think it is just the compressor working. Is it normal for noise to come from indoor unit?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 CarlosV

CarlosV wrote: »
    Hi

I have recently moved into a new build and we have a Daikin air to water pump. I'm just trying to get used to the noises in the house and figuring out which ones are normal/which are not normal! The indoor unit is in our utility which is beside our sitting room and under our main bedroom. At times I can hear noises coming from it. Sounds like heavy breathing or air being released at times. Not loud but i know I'm sensitive to noise!!!! I'm guessing it is just the unit working when it needs to but wanted to be sure as we can get builders in. I've asked plumber and he hasn't heard it but seems to think it is just the compressor working. Is it normal for noise to come from indoor unit?

Thanks in advance!

Would really appreciate some advice on the above if possible?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 blaaman

CarlosV wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks in advance!

Hi Carlos,

I'm another person recently moved into a new build with a Daikin air to water pump and having a noise issue. About 4 to 5 times a day it seems like something is trying to pump for circa a minute, resets and then goes through the cycle again. Does this continuously for an circa 50 minute's. Noise isn't from the unit itself but seems moreso in the wall or first level floor boards. Had to turn off all heating overnight to stop being woke each morning. Plumber called out but he didn't have a clue on it bar saying the unit looks to be working fine. If anyone has come across this, an update would be great?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 hao123

Keen to know this, as I am sensitive to noise too and will move into a new build with ATW heat pump in few weeks. Ours unit is Mitsubishi.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 CarlosV

Hi blaaman,

Apologies for the delay. It was a really easy fix. I downloaded an app called sound meter on my phone and was able to isolate exactly which pipe in boiler room it was coming from. Showed it to the plumber. He got in touch with Daikin and it actually ended up needing to have some pressure released or something like that! Was fixed in literally 2 mins by the plumber!

Hope that helps!

Advertisement