Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 18 Transfers

• 03-01-2021 3:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭

After initially deciding I wasn't going to Free Hit, I have changed my mind and will activate the chip.

I don't want Brewster near my starting team and I also don't want double Spurs up against a solid Villa side.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

After initially deciding I wasn't going to Free Hit, I have changed my mind and will activate the chip.

I don't want Brewster near my starting team and I also don't want double Spurs up against a solid Villa side.

I was thinking the same way, my reluctance is that I didn’t want to ‘waste’ a chip so early in the season but it seems as good time as any to use it.

Wilson, triple City, Fernandes look solid to start off with. Lacazette maybe? Will have fun trying to decide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I was thinking the same way, my reluctance is that I didn’t want to ‘waste’ a chip so early in the season but it seems as good time as any to use it.

Wilson, triple City, Fernandes look solid to start off with. Lacazette maybe? Will have fun trying to decide.

In the same boat. Had no plan to do it. But now I probably will

Wolves defenders
    Bruno
    Arsenal defender
    Triple City
    Son/Grealish
    Wilson

Probably what I'll lean towards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I much much prefer Saka to Lacazette personally.

Shoutout to my boy Smith Rowe as well if you're feeling punty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Do we have any idea why Balbuena seems to be on the bench now? two plum DGW games, but if he's dropped might as well try to sell him for a player that has a game this week.

I much much prefer Saka to Lacazette personally.

Shoutout to my boy Smith Rowe as well if you're feeling punty!

The one thing going in Lacazette's favour is that he's a striker, and probably the most in form at the moment - 4 goals in 3 games, there are tones of midfield options. Perhaps a FH team would have both Saka/SR and Lacazette

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ace2007 wrote: »
    The one thing going in Lacazette's favour is that he's a striker, and probably the most in form at the moment - 4 goals in 3 games, there are tones of midfield options. Perhaps a FH team would have both Saka/SR and Lacazette

I just think Saka's great value for his price and he can be accommodated easily in a 5 man midfield.

I would prefer a 352 FH with Kane and Wilson up top and a Saka in midfield over a 343 with Laca up top and 3 million less to spend elsewhere.

Aguero, Kane, Wilson in a 343 is tempting..

Quick mock up of a team

Darlow/Dubravka
    , Button
    Dias, Saiss, Tierney, Struijk, Mitchell
    Grealish, Saka, KDB, Fernandes, ESR
    Aguero, Kane, Wilson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Banking with 3 transfers for GW19

Martinez
    Konsa Mitchell Stones
    Son Salah(no game) Bruno McGinn
    DCL Kane Bamford(no game)

9 playing No games for Subs

Ahead in mini leagues so madness to play free hit given the games in this GW
    Will be better choices and better double game weeks coming

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Banking with 3 transfers for GW19

Martinez
    Konsa Mitchell Stones
    Son Salah(no game) Bruno McGinn
    DCL Kane Bamford(no game)

9 playing No games for Subs

Ahead in mini leagues so madness to play free hit given the games in this GW
    Will be better choices and better double game weeks coming

Max you can carry over is 2 so best to use 1 this week for GW19.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

9 days until the deadline - this is going to be one long transfer window, so olenty of time to overthink it!

The FA cup games / potential postponments will mean I'll probably leave it til late to do transfers but at the moment I'm looking at taking a hit again this week, to get more players in for GW18 & also DGW19. Watkins -> Cavani & Lamptey -> Baily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Do we have any idea why Balbuena seems to be on the bench now? two plum DGW games, but if he's dropped might as well try to sell him for a player that has a game this week.

Ye in same boat, don't know if dropped or rested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Most transferred in player so far this week is Soucek...

Quick mock up of a team

Darlow/Dubravka
    , Button
    Aguero, Kane, Wilson

The front line between them have scored 3 goals in the last 5 games - that's a lot of money to be invested hoping it's their week to click.

8 of Son's 12 goals have come away from home - no having him in the team is madness imo - he's also owned by 60%+ of players and even higher the higher up in rank you go - so not having him will kill you if he returns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Still undecided on FH. I presume people are waiting 'til close to the deadline to activate it considering all the cancellations?

I've 8 playing and a transfer to use so it's a tough decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Lundstram wrote: »
    Still undecided on FH. I presume people are waiting 'til close to the deadline to activate it considering all the cancellations?

That's what I'm going to do. I'll have 8 or 9 players but a lot of my players have ****ty fixtures so think I'll FH.

I think the way the season is going, there will probably be at least twonGWs where we will struggle to field 11 so I may as well use it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭hawaii501

No choice but to free hit for myself, only have 4 players to play this week(assuming stay fit).

Load up on triple city I'd say as Brighton should suit a long overdue 6-0 thrashing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Don't know if people are aware of this, but for anyone stuck for cash and playing risky, Douglas is a 3.8 Def on the FPL site only, doesn't show up on the app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Free hitting. Happy with my team. It gives me 9 players with a DWG in 19 plus Son and Kane who could score as much in a single week as others do in a double. Plus I'll be happy with the team going into 20 and beyond. But I don't really have a team for 18. Lots in my mini league have ripped their team apart to get 11 in week 18 or 15 double players for 19. Come 20 they will have to play their wild card to get players back that they then find they can't afford.

So my tactic is Free hit 18. Go with my current team for 19. May triple captain Salah. (I'll decide closer to the day). Accept that I might fall 20pts behind others but expect I'll more than make that up over the next 19 game weeks with a stronger squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

touts wrote: »
    Free hitting. Happy with my team. It gives me 9 players with a DWG in 19 plus Son and Kane who could score as much in a single week as others do in a double. Plus I'll be happy with the team going into 20 and beyond. But I don't really have a team for 18. Lots in my mini league have ripped their team apart to get 11 in week 18 or 15 double players for 19. Come 20 they will have to play their wild card to get players back that they then find they can't afford.

So my tactic is Free hit 18. Go with my current team for 19. May triple captain Salah. (I'll decide closer to the day). Accept that I might fall 20pts behind others but expect I'll more than make that up over the next 19 game weeks with a stronger squad.

Exactly the same for me.

Hopefully MacCarthy will be back for GW19 to save me a transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Have 2 FTs and will definitely be getting in KDB for Salah then see what fund I have for a 2nd transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Problem is Man City have 2 games between now and the BGW match so really difficult to know who will start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Problem is Man City have 2 games between now and the BGW match so really difficult to know who will start

Have to free hit and have at least a couple of playing low price subs on the bench. With Covid and rotation it's almost impossible to predict 11 starters now. But 11 from 13/14. That's easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Current FH draft:

Leno

Holding AWB Cancelo Fernandez

Saka Bruno KdB Sterling Grealish

Kane

Subs: Sanchez Watkins Davis Mitchell

For some reason I fancy Sheff U to keep out Newcastle at home so steering from Wilson. Fernandez may become Basham

Alternative is:

DeGea, Son & Lacazette for Leno, Grealish , Kane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Lundstram wrote: »

Yes, going to wait right till the last minute. With 8 I would move towards not.

I have 6 and a FT, so will end up with 8

3 Villa
    2 City
    1 Spurs
    1 United
    1 Everton

I would love another City and United player, but the rest of the teams are all set up to let you down

Transfers

Salah to KDB
    Davis to Watkins

Would you take a minus 4 for Chilwell to AWB?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Hi,
    current team is:

Martinez Macey
    Mee Cresswell Dias Justin Dallas
    Salah Son Bruno KDB Burke
    Wilson DCL Adams

After having a think about it, I think with taking a -8 and a -4 I can cover the next 2 gameweeks without using chips. Plan is to take out Justin, Burke and Adams and put in AWB, Saka and Brewster.

That would leave me with:
    Martinez
    Mee Dias AWB
    Son Bruno KDB Saka
    DCL Wilson Brewster

for gameweek 18.

Soucek and Bamford in for Saka and DCL for gameweek 19.

That would leave me with:
    Martinez
    Cresswell Dias AWB Dallas (Mee)
    Son Bruno KDB Soucek Salah
    Bamford (Wilson, Brewster)

Would be happy enough with that squad for gameweek 20 too. Not enjoying owning Adams at the moment and Burke is an injury doubt. Not happy with Brewster but don't see anyone in his price range who would play. Any advice would be appreciated!

Just realised we have a thread for this, apologies!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Quick mock up of a team

Darlow/Dubravka
    , Button
    Aguero, Kane, Wilson

That’s a lovely team. Would personally have Son in there somehow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

First attempt at my game week 18 free hit team with 0.5mill still to spend:

Leno(Darlow)
    Tierney, Wan-Bissaka, Saiss, Clark, (Targett)
    Saka, Son, KDB, Sterling, Fernandes
    Wilson, (Wood), (Maupay)

Keeping Targett currently in case of a price rise which might help with other options. Could downgrade the bench players to free up some more cash and maybe go Wilson to Martial but not convinced Burnley will be giving away too many goals in their game with Man United and feel I need to have players scoring points against Sheffield United and Newcastle have had a poor run so will likely be pushing for a positive result. Clark is a bit of a punt but I think he may come up with a goal and has a reasonable chance of a clean sheet against Sheffield. Getting in Kane would probably require dropping another big hitter and Aston Villa don't look to be giving up that many goals as well so happy with just Son in that game. Any other options or ideas appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Salah out? Looks like im going back to KDB if that's the case.

Going with Mendy and Salah out for De Gea and KdB for a -4. Will mean having 11 and maybe 12 players for next week. Also they both have DGW and great fixtures in the coming GW's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Salah out
    KDB or Sterling in is the question

Advertisement