Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 18 Transfers

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I'm gonna free hit this week as I'm in the cup, if I wasn't I'd just use my two transfers. Unfortunately, this means I lose a transfer for GW19. Everything is last minute due to COVID, I think it's risky having too many players from one team now. GW19, I'll use my bench boost.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Free Hit for me, barring any mad Covid news.

A few players I'm fairly certain on:

- De Gea - pick of the goalkeepers for me, Burnley not effective at scoring but De Gea usually makes some saves, not too pricey either. United's defenders don't have attacking scoring potential so makes sense to use their goalie for a potential cleany

- Tierney - good price, points potential at both ends

- A city defender (probably take the risk on Cancelo): likeliest for a clean sheet and too expensive to go with 3 mids/attackers on City. Cancelo is definitely the pick if he starts which he probably should but I'llkeep an eye out for news and may switch to Dias.

- Bruno - no justification needed

- KDB -as above

- Son - incredibly effective away from home and cheaper than Kane

Likely will have Mitchell, Kilman, and Brewster as cheap bench fodder that hopefully play.

I think the main decision I'll be faced with is whether to include or leave out Kane. Kane and Son possibly seems excessive against a good Villa side, and he takes up a lot of funds. But where the pool of players is limited it seems madness to leave out such a known quantity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Salah is on course to drop tonight. His form has me worried for his price and I'm thinking of swapping him out now, maybe for KDB for City's attractive fixtures. But I have 3 City so need to get rid of Aguero, which will be another -4.

Is it worth it? Aguero - Cavani & Salah - KDB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Stones in for Alioski and I have 13 solid (hopefully) players and can save my Free Hit. Seems prudent in current climate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Morzadec wrote: »
    Free Hit for me, barring any mad Covid news.

A few players I'm fairly certain on:

- De Gea - pick of the goalkeepers for me, Burnley not effective at scoring but De Gea usually makes some saves, not too pricey either. United's defenders don't have attacking scoring potential so makes sense to use their goalie for a potential cleany

- Tierney - good price, points potential at both ends

- A city defender (probably take the risk on Cancelo): likeliest for a clean sheet and too expensive to go with 3 mids/attackers on City. Cancelo is definitely the pick if he starts which he probably should but I'llkeep an eye out for news and may switch to Dias.

- Bruno - no justification needed

- KDB -as above

- Son - incredibly effective away from home and cheaper than Kane

Likely will have Mitchell, Kilman, and Brewster as cheap bench fodder that hopefully play.

I think the main decision I'll be faced with is whether to include or leave out Kane. Kane and Son possibly seems excessive against a good Villa side, and he takes up a lot of funds. But where the pool of players is limited it seems madness to leave out such a known quantity.

I think you are on the right track to be honest, I have 8 of the 9 mentioned in my draft FH squad with Darlow instead of De Gea.

I didn't or at least haven't gone with Kane for the reasons you have stated and have instead gone for Sterling, would much prefer a City double that a Spurs one. Saka and Smith Rowe are good enables for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Fitz* wrote: »
    Salah is on course to drop tonight. His form has me worried for his price and I'm thinking of swapping him out now, maybe for KDB for City's attractive fixtures. But I have 3 City so need to get rid of Aguero, which will be another -4.

Cavani has a 3 match ban doesn't he?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've got Cancelo, Stone, KbD, Fernandes, Son, Grealish, Kane and Wilson all starting this week, but blanking everyone else. Have one FT and still have the WC and FH. Would i be mad to just make the one free transfer (or take a -4 hit for two) for 9/10 starters, and hold onto both chips?

Just aware that we are more then likely going to have more COVID cancellations over the next few weeks/months.

Dice75 wrote: »
    Cavani has a 3 match ban doesn't he?

2 cup games will make up the majority of the ban and has already served his 1 league game ban

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Kiith wrote: »
    I've got Cancelo, Stone, KbD, Fernandes, Son, Grealish, Kane and Wilson all starting this week, but blanking everyone else. Have one FT and still have the WC and FH. Would i be mad to just make the one free transfer (or take a -4 hit for two) for 9/10 starters, and hold onto both chips?

Just aware that we are more then likely going to have more COVID cancellations over the next few weeks/months.

I certainly wouldn't be using a chip in that situation, you have more than enough coverage for GW18.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Pogue eile wrote: »
    I think you are on the right track to be honest, I have 8 of the 9 mentioned in my draft FH squad with Darlow instead of De Gea.

I didn't or at least haven't gone with Kane for the reasons you have stated and have instead gone for Sterling, would much prefer a City double that a Spurs one. Saka and Smith Rowe are good enables for this.

Yeah looks like we're on for similar teams, Sterling is almost certainly going to be in my team. I'm just not comfortable taking the risk on a Foden or Mahrez, and Sterling (while having a bit of a poor season) does have a high ceiling. He will at some stage this season get a 15 point+ haul, and he has returned in 5 of his last 6 so has actually been pretty consistent of late.

One of Saka or Smith Rowe will be in my team, likely Saka.

Lacazette is another I'm considering, but only if I don't go with Kane

• Advertisement

Fitz* wrote: »

No, I think I'll hold out and wait until I see the Man City team tomorrow night first. it's only 0.1 as KDB/Aguero/Cavani etc are not due rises so it's not a double whammy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So went with KDB in for Salah.

My team atm is

Martinez

Mitchell Saiss

Grealish Son Burke Fernandes KDB

Wilson Calvert Lewin

I want to keep all my chips for now if possible is it worth going with the above and leaving things as they are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

I currently have a transfer banked, if I use my free hit this week then do I have 2 FT next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

So went with KDB in for Salah.

My team atm is

Martinez

Mitchell Saiss

Grealish Son Burke Fernandes KDB

Wilson Calvert Lewin

I want to keep all my chips for now if possible is it worth going with the above and leaving things as they are?

Abolsutely, if you can take the short term pain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

begbysback wrote: »
    I currently have a transfer banked, if I use my free hit this week then do I have 2 FT next week?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

dsmythy wrote: »
    No.

Can I make 2 free transfers this week, then play free hit for this week too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

begbysback wrote: »
    Can I make 2 free transfers this week, then play free hit for this week too?

Your transfers will be cancelled when you press free hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭scotchy

Looks like I'm up against a ghost team for the next round of the cup, Van Dijk and 4 other injured players on it, with captain Fernandes and KDB there too.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Morzadec wrote: »
    Yeah looks like we're on for similar teams, Sterling is almost certainly going to be in my team. I'm just not comfortable taking the risk on a Foden or Mahrez, and Sterling (while having a bit of a poor season) does have a high ceiling. He will at some stage this season get a 15 point+ haul, and he has returned in 5 of his last 6 so has actually been pretty consistent of late.

One of Saka or Smith Rowe will be in my team, likely Saka.

Lacazette is another I'm considering, but only if I don't go with Kane

In the last couple of city games I've watched, Sterling could have a monster - even the Chelsea game, he was running through on goal from the half way line with only the keeper to beat (and Kante hot on his heels), and somehow ends up taking a shot with 6 chelsea lads in the box in and hits the post - fortunate that it fell to KdB. He should be burying that first time.

He is the reason why KdB hasn't had more monster scores - his inability to shoot when he has the chance. If City plan with no recognized striker that it's worth getting Sterling. However with lads out with Covid, and Aguero struggling for game time - if Sterling plays tomorrow night and say starts v Birmingham - there is always the risk he'll be rotated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

40 positive covid tests this week. How do you plan around that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

eh i dunno wrote: »

Knew I shouldn't of made my transfer so early :pac:.

I suspect the league will get paused soon with the way cases are going there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

I'm gonna free hit this week as I'm in the cup, if I wasn't I'd just use my two transfers. Unfortunately, this means I lose a transfer for GW19. Everything is last minute due to COVID, I think it's risky having too many players from one team now. GW19, I'll use my bench boost.

Not sure why being in the cup influences your decision? Surely it is just a novelty thing that if you did happen to go far in, is a bonus. For me building a team that is as strong as possible towards my private leagues is my priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Degag wrote: »
    Not sure why being in the cup influences your decision? Surely it is just a novelty thing that if you did happen to go far in, is a bonus. For me building a team that is as strong as possible towards my private leagues is my priority.
    Yeah, OR is much more impressive. It also increases your chances of winning cash, assuming you're in some money leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

One way is to have no more that 3 players per fixture. Hopefully if only one game gets cancelled you should have cover from your bench.

Thats assuming FH of course.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Salah to KdB, looking like he will rise tonight.
    Will have to make a decision on Cavani or Martial as Martial very close too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Was looking at selling Salah to fund Kane this week and taking a -4. Would be reversing the move next week as well as other transfers I want to make so that's another -8. Think I'll just keep Salah now and hope Kane doesn't go too mad. Salah had been rubbish last 3 games but this won't continue and I want him for the DGW. So my likely transfer this week will be Robertson to Cancelo. Leaves me with the following for the blank.

Holding Cancelo Dias Mitchell
    KDB(c) Bruno Son
    Wilson Brewster

Not great but it'll do. Think the FH will be more useful later on..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

If you're on a free hit this week you have to have 4 playing subs. Any game could be called off. So you need to have no more than 3 players from any one match. You need to be sure the bench players play. It's a balls as I was hoping to have Button (4.0) and Mitchell (3.9) on the bench but Button won't play and Mitchell probably wont and even if he does I want three Arsenal players.

For Sheffield vs Newcastle I have 2 Newcastle 1 from Sheffield.
    For Burnley vs Man U I have 0 from Burnley and 2 from Man U
    For Wolves v Everton I have 1 from Wolves and 0 from Everton
    For City vs Brighton I have 3 city and 0 Brighton
    For Spurs vs Fulham I have 2 Spurs and 1 Fulham
    For Arsenal vs Palace I have 3 Arsenal and 0 Palace.

Plan is to start with 3 City 3 Arsenal 2 Spurs 2 ManU 1 Newcastle and have One each from Wolves, Newcastle and Sheffield on the Bench. To strengthen my bench I had to drop a player each from Spurs (Dier) and Man U (Wan-Bissaka).

So having put all that thought into it and factoring in my luck recently I can pretty much guarantee all games will go ahead and Dier & Wan-Bissaka will both return double digit points so get on them now. You can thank me on Thursday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Free Hit team.

De Gea
    Dier / Dias / Tierney
    Bruno / KDB / Son / Foden / Smith-Rowe
    Lacazette / Kane

Subs: Walton / Brewster / Egan / Mitchell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Thinking of keeping my FH

Could do a minus 8

JWP to Gundogan