Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best quality home printer with good value ink cartridges?

Options
  • 03-01-2021 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Any suggestions to printers with ink that won't break the bank.

Have a HP Deskjet 3520 atm and think ink isn't too bad is a bit pricey.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Best quality for what ? Photos or colour brochures/flyers ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Warbeastrior

ZENER wrote:
    Best quality for what ? Photos or colour brochures/flyers ?

Just basic document printing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Just basic document printing.

Have an Epsom with refillable cartridges. Grand for what you need and incredibly efficient with ink. Got it in curry’s. Don’t have the exact model but will check when back in the office tomorrow

Have an Epsom with refillable cartridges. Grand for what you need and incredibly efficient with ink. Got it in curry’s. Don’t have the exact model but will check when back in the office tomorrow

I saw them and was intrigued. Efficiency with ink is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,436 ✭✭✭Tow

Any cheap blank and white laser printer will be far more economical than an inkjet to run.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Tow wrote: »
    Any cheap blank and white laser printer will be far more economical than an inkjet to run.

Can you recommend one for home working? Compact and cheap to run. I might be working from home for a while....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭storker

I got the same before Christmas after my Canon died. It's an Epson ET-2711 multifunction printer. Very happy with it so far. After filling the ink reservoirs I have about 1/4 of a bottle left for each colour. Doing the numbers compared with the canon it looks like it'll be a lot more economical but time will tell.

It can be tricky to set up - there's no management screen so you're very dependent on the computer detecting it, but now I have it running I'm very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

Can you recommend one for home working? Compact and cheap to run. I might be working from home for a while....

https://www.memoryc.ie/computers/printers/laser.html#orderby=price&page=0

Big range here, free shipping I think. Read a few reviews to make sure you're not buying a bad one.. Google is your friend.

Toner cartridges for lasers run around €100 a go depending but you get around 2-3000 pages on one vs a couple of hundred for your €30 ink cartridge.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

storker wrote: »
    I got the same before Christmas after my Canon died. It's an Epson ET-2711 multifunction printer. Very happy with it so far. After filling the ink reservoirs I have about 1/4 of a bottle left for each colour. Doing the numbers compared with the canon it looks like it'll be a lot more economical but time will tell.

It can be tricky to set up - there's no management screen so you're very dependent on the computer detecting it, but now I have it running I'm very happy with it.

We bought an Ecotank as well back in March. It has kept two homeworkers going, no bother to it. We are still using the ink that came with it. I think it is rated for 4,500 pages in black and 7,500 colour pages. Genuine Epsom refills bottles are very cheap as well.

We bought an Ecotank as well back in March. It has kept two homeworkers going, no bother to it. We are still using the ink that came with it. I think it is rated for 4,500 pages in black and 7,500 colour pages. Genuine Epsom refills bottles are very cheap as well.

What's your Epson model?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

What's your Epson model?

I got the Epson EcoTank ET-2710. Bought it from Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Take a look here ...

https://www.123ink.ie/Printers/Mono-Laser-Printers-p756219.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

I bought an Epson ecotank(l355) about 4 years ago and it's still flying , just bought refills for it a few weeks ago and they only cost me 20 euro ,
    great printer/scanner/ copier for general family use .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Mine is epson ET-2650 bought in curry’s. Very efficient, but wouldn’t be counting on photographic prints by any stretch

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Deagol wrote: »
    Toner cartridges for lasers run around €100 a go depending but you get around 2-3000 pages on one vs a couple of hundred for your €30 ink cartridge.

Brother laser printers still use the slightly awkward separate toner and drum, but this ends up with 40 quid toners and a 60 quid drum ever four or five toner cartridges. Also rather better for the environment than throwing out an entire drum every time.

They're also PCL so work with *everything*. Can use them in DOS apps from the late 80s, phones, Chromebooks, and basically anything that ever will be invented.

Advertisement