Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

Old diesel wrote: »
    The bits the Kona had removed for Ireland werent things built into the design of the car in the way 800 volt charging is with Ioniq 5.

With the headlights - is there even a halogen headlight for Ioniq 5????.

I suspect this Ioniq 5 will be resistent to Paddy spec nonsense

Hard to know, they usually only import the mid range so that's probably what they will do and you probably won't be able to buy the high spec one. It just means due to VRT any extra kit will cost 7% more.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I saw Jonny Smiths review on this and the AWD long range version looks good. I hope they bring it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

Not the best looking but doesn't insult either. It has some special charisma, for sure. Looks a bit 90s to me exterior wise.

Great features around charging and v2v. If they did AC 22 kW it would be the best car in terms of flexibility of charging etc.

What do we think about the price here? More than Kona or less. It's still an Ioniq...

I'd be interested, it's a very decent car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Bound to be more than Kona, surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Redfox25

10 to 15k more than the Kona at least.
    Its an ioniq but not the ioniq your thinking of.
    :)

• Advertisement

Thats Tesla money then...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

For the top spec I'd say over €60k, remember the grant is being cut for cars over €60k so there's an automatic 5k price jump

Hyundai might give us a rubbish spec to try and keep the price down and keep the grant

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭John arse

McGiver wrote: »
    Thats Tesla money then...
    starts at 42k in Germany (before grants),just go back a few threads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

John arse wrote: »

That'll probably be €45k here & the top speck adds another €11k+. Metallic paint & other extras like the panaromic roof aren't in any package, so extra again. Actually, looking at the packages, I'd really only want the top one - they've cleverly kept several "must haves" for the highest speck.

That's the way it's going - €40k+ will be the cost to enter the EV game. If you want blind spot monitoring or nice seats, assume the position - it's gonna sting :pac:.

does anyone think that there'll be a few phev deals around before the grant is cut in half?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

John arse wrote: »
    does anyone think that there'll be a few phev deals around before the grant is cut in half?

I think it'll be the opposite - people clamouring to take advantage & buy before the grant goes. Maybe clamouring is a little too strong....:pac:.

Dealers are unlikely to discount them if demand is strong.

John arse wrote:

But the grants are 6k AFAIK in Germany so that's 36k...decent money.

Kramer wrote: »
    I think it'll be the opposite - people clamouring to take advantage & buy before the grant goes. Maybe clamouring is a little too strong....:pac:.

Dealers are unlikely to discount them if demand is strong.
    but then no one's gonna touch one after july?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

They were only getting 2.5k anyway no?

ELM327 wrote: »
    They were only getting 2.5k anyway no?
    no 5k going down to 2.5k in july

JohnC. wrote: »
    Bound to be more than Kona, surely?
    i imagine so,i see the kona electric is 38k-might be getting the enyaq after all!

in Germany kona electric-€35500 /ioniq 5 €42000 so we can probably expect the same difference over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 vincentohanlon

You can configure on the German Hyundai site - https://konfigurator.hyundai.de/configure/ioniq-5/46/V1/139/trims

base ev6 £40895 in uk(that's pounds now!)

Base model only 170 Hp ?

I looked at the options, very expensive. Could easily make this car 70K

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kop-end

Base model only 170 Hp ?

I looked at the options, very expensive. Could easily make this car 70K

The Koreans are not messing about, they are playing with the likes of Tesla, Mercedes etc... who would have imagined this scenario...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Don't worry, by the time Hyundai Ireland get their hands on it they'll have removed all the options, it's seems that a lot of Irish people see paying for something extra as being ripped off that's it not included in the first place.

liamog wrote: »
    Don't worry, by the time Hyundai Ireland get their hands on it they'll have removed all the options, it's seems that a lot of Irish people see paying for something extra as being ripped off that's it not included in the first place.

Indeed, very interesting to see what Hyundai Ireland import.......

liamog wrote: »

True but they tend to leave the price as is, basically sell something worse for the same amount of money

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Serious mk2 golf vibes on steroids obviously

Have to say I like it

uk prices announced, £37k pounds for base ioniq 5/spec doesn't seem too bad?.don't know what we'll get though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

https://insideevs.com/news/506073/hyundai-ioniq-5-prices-specifications/

Surprised that V2L is only available on premium trim and Ultimate level and Gbp365 extra, given how much coverage it got in all the reviews. I presumed it would be standard in all versions.

Eco pack (battery warming and heat pump) another Gbp1,195 and only on ultimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,380 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Very disappointing about the V2L alright. GBP365 is not a terrible price to pay for it, a good half decent pure sine wave inverter that can output 3.7kW for use in your home would cost that. Disappointing is that you can only get it on the higher spec cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭JohnC.

If they're doing that in the UK, got knows how they'll strip it down here.

• Advertisement

JohnC. wrote: »
    If they're doing that in the UK, got knows how they'll strip it down here.

Rear seats are an option in the ultimate trim, in lower trims the passengers have to stand :D

Advertisement