Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I got a tyre pressure warning today on the right rear, even though it had the same pressure (31) as the others. I pumped all the tyres to 36 when I got home - will the warning clear itself after some driving? I can't find a way to reset it, even after reading the manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

Ah lads, when did they update the Ionity deal from €13/year? Too good to be true 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

Every day in this cold weather I'm grateful for pre-heating, heated steering wheel and heated seats.

In terms of rear-seat adult passengers: I've had some ~6ft non-slim passengers in the rear of mine and they complemented it on the roominess. No complaints at all about head- or legroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

It's amazing isnt it! Seems quite sore on the battery (consumed about ~3% this morning for me for example)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 ptltd

Mine cuts out after 1 to 3 minutes using 'Start climate control' in bluelink, get a success message on bluelink after activating then just stops.

Tied clearing bluelink app cache, reinstalling. Latest software on car infotainment (221129) and resetting using pin hole.

Maybe works 1 in 20 times!

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

We ordered an Ioniq 5 approx 2 weeks ago (arrives in March). The dealer said the VIN will only be known approx a month before it arrives.

Is there anything else I can ask them to provide sooner? Just to keep contact/get some sense of progress?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Seurat

What type did you order to have it in for March? Seeing previous posts where people saying they are being told April onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭podge1979

Cold weather continues to be an learning experience with an ev.

Thawed out the windscreen washer liquid and drained it put in winterwash supposed to good to -5 but completely froze again. Would have thought the heat pump would have heated things under the hud a bit but the cocktail of different colored liquids all frozen.

Added to that open up the vision roof today to find layer of Ice on the inside of the glass roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Old Jim

Couple of questions on the base Executive model. Spec says it has a Battery Heating System but no Heat pump. Does this mean it can do the battery pre-heating for faster charging when you navigate to a charge point?

How do I check if the car has all the latest software updates installed? Is there a list of version numbers somewhere? Collecting an Executive model in Jan. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Scorpio27

Hi all.  I bought my Ionic 5 in Feb 2022. A few months later the plastic piece on the side of the retractable boot cover sheared off. The piece that clips into the side of the car to keep the boot cover in place when pulled taut.

One day I noticed it was broken off. I have always been careful with it and don't pull it hard. Initially I thought it was a simple fix just to replace the plastic notch bit as you can see it's screwed onto the boot cover.

However Hyundai say I will have to replace entire boot cover. Ok I say but then they tell me it will cost in excess of 500 euro and it won't be covered under warranty.

I am a bit miffed. I have held off on replacing just because of the cost but I miss my boot cover.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem. Is there any 'work around' or cheaper source for this part.?

Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,082 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Any photo of the damage? I wonder would you be able to use an epoxy to glue it into place?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 irewestlad

Due to pick up my car in early January. Has anyone installed a dash cam, and what one would you recommend for the Ioniq 5? I remember seeing a video where someone in the states was able to use the power from the light at the rear view mirror to power a cam. Anyone try this?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭bkeane

I have one installed with power from rear view mirror - you need to have a automatic mirror as mirror with manual switch on it will not have a power supply there. Bought it in USA, Danger I think is the brand. Works great. Have a rear dash cam too but I haven't installed it yet.

Could also be a candidate for 3D printing. I must have a look at mine later today and see how feasible it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Dropped into a branch of Windsor today as I saw they had a 221 Ioniq 5 with 18k kms.

Executive Plus 58kwh - for 45,995

500 more than the OTR price from the nearby Hyundai dealer.

Funny old market indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭John arse

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Corradobri

Hi ,

Anyone on here had their ioniq 5 order delivery dates pushed out ?

I have a platinum on order since last july with the assurance it would be with the dealer in December for registration in January 2023.

Now the situation has changed with them saying it could be February/ march before delivery and that they simply just dont know when they will take delivery? A chassis number hasn't even been assigned to the vehicle yet !

Very disappointed given that we were assured that our car would be delivered on time .

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

I think most people that ordered the larger battery got pushed out, or that's as far as can make out from browsing message boards etc. I ordered in June for dealer delivery in December for January registration. But the revised date the dealer was given for their batch of 77kwh orders was March 31st. So April realistically.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Our dealer also said March 31st, but they also said they just (2 weeks ago approx) had comms with Hyundai and they're saying earlier in March now.

• Advertisement

I ordered 77kwh start of October and was told March maybe April fwiw

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭D_D

I ordered in May time for an Exec Plus with 77kwh battery and have an assigned VIN for about a month now and a pickup date in January

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Nice one, very jealous! Did you get the order in as soon as they started taking orders again at the very end of May? I thought I was quick out of the blocks ordering on the first Tuesday of June. Feels like half a lifetime ago now!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭D_D

Yeah, I was in with the dealer in April and put my name down on the list to order once they reopened. Got a call then in May to put a deposit down for either a large battery Exec Plus or a standard battery Platinum or Premium model.

Hutton & Meade have 14 Ioniqs in their yard for the last few weeks awaiting customer delivery in January. Next batch they are getting is saying on the computer March 12st at the earliest, with most in or around March 31st. Salesman did say to take that with a pinch of salt too as they (Hyundai) can't keep up with the volume of interest out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Munster Blogger

Finally some positive movement on my 77kw platinum white. Dealer emailed saying chassis number has been assigned to my order.

March delivery starting to sound more realistic.

Was told if I ordered any trim level before Christmas Eve they would be confident of receiving it in the March delivery. Frequency of deliveries seems to be the issue.

Yeah, whenever the cancelled orders were rebooked.

• Advertisement

I’ve heard that speech twice lol. Who knows, maybe they have ramped up their production

Advertisement