Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Look at the charge curve though. It's 800V like the taycan but charges faster 10-80%.
    This is as much a jump forward in tech as the original Ioniq28 was compared to the leaf24.

ELM327 wrote: »
    Look at the charge curve though. It's 800V like the taycan but charges faster 10-80%.
    This is as much a jump forward in tech as the original Ioniq28 was compared to the leaf24.

Some shortage of chargers though.

Ionity have better coverage than Tesla here, combined with the ecars 150kW "hubs" it will get incrementally better year over year.

Ionity have better coverage than Tesla here, combined with the ecars 150kW "hubs" it will get incrementally better year over year.

Still absolute shyte though, ESB need minimum of 4 x 150 Kw which are outdated now,

• Registered Users Posts: 65,316 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Still absolute shyte though, ESB need minimum of 4 x 150 Kw which are outdated now,

Minimum of 8 * 150kW to be adequate until some time early next year. And what do they actually have, a few 1 * 150kW? LOL! I want my EUR10 million back.

• Advertisement

No argument from me there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

unkel wrote: »
    Minimum of 8 * 150kW to be adequate until some time early next year. And what do they actually have, a few 1 * 150kW? LOL! I want my EUR10 million back.

That's the worst part IMO, even if ESB delivers everything they said they would back in 2019 (which they probably won't) it still won't be enough given EV sales are consistently beating expectations

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

That's the worst part IMO, even if ESB delivers everything they said they would back in 2019 (which they probably won't) it still won't be enough given EV sales are consistently beating expectations

Exactly. And it's only just started this year. Very soon most new cars sold will be EV, not diesel, not petrol, not hybrid, not even PHEV.

Yeah 150 Kw until a ChaDeMo car comes along and next you're charging at 75 Kw.

Yeah 8 x 150 Kw per site would be amazing but the sheer lack of chargers along the South, West and North and along the Atlantic is disgraceful.

I wonder did they get the 10 million, see this is the problem, they are waiting for the state to pay for all the chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 vincentohanlon

Rang Hyundai Deansgrange today. They said prices expected from Hyundai Ireland in July/August. I said Kia have got the jump on you and he didn't seem that bothered. Asked me how much the KIA was costing. :) Maybe this is a little unfair but I would have expected them to have a better idea on when they were getting pricing and also to know what they are competing against.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

Rang Hyundai Deansgrange today. They said prices expected from Hyundai Ireland in July/August. I said Kia have got the jump on you and he didn't seem that bothered. Asked me how much the KIA was costing. :) Maybe this is a little unfair but I would have expected them to have a better idea on when they were getting pricing and also to know what they are competing against.

Not surprised to be honest. My experience with them in the recent past hasn’t been great either. Then again dealerships in general seem to have little interest and knowledge in EVs.

Irishjg wrote: »
    Not surprised to be honest. My experience with them in the recent past hasn’t been great either. Then again dealerships in general seem to have little interest and knowledge in EVs.

The margin on EVs was always lower, which was the general excuse for dealerships not being interested

Now a lot of manufacturers are moving to a direct sales model like Tesla where you just order the car online and it arrives at your chosen service location

This'll essentially cut out dealerships. VW have moved to a system in Germany where the salesperson gets a fixed price per car rather than whatever profit is leftover after the sale

While the amount is fixed and therfore provides some certainty, it doesn't leave any room for negotiations (customer is buying direct from VW, who will just say no) and I suspect the overall amount is lower

So, dealership apathy will continue :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,526 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

10/12 weeks before the pricing announced?

Any ideas of a ball park figure and when would the it likely to be available to purchase,Q4 ?

yabadabado wrote: »

Any ideas of a ball park figure and when would the it likely to be available to purchase,Q4 ?

I'll put it to you this way, how many kidneys can you afford to lose? :)

Seriously though, I would say 55-60k for the top spec, it would put it in line with the competition and so far there doesn't seem to be much drive on EV manufacturers to majorly undercut one another

I think that's a mad price, if one was to buy one based on the charging then they might be disappointed with the amount of high power chargers when they go to find them. In reality with 350-450 Kms range I expect to only use a Public charger when heading out West, then it becomes a challenge or it will be the Diesel.

There's really only Ionity who can use the High power charging in the 5 to it's full potential ?

I think that's a mad price, if one was to buy one based on the charging then they might be disappointed with the amount of high power chargers when they go to find them. In reality with 350-450 Kms range I expect to only use a Public charger when heading out West, then it becomes a challenge or it will be the Diesel.

There's really only Ionity who can use the High power charging in the 5 to it's full potential ?

Not even Ionity, I believe some of their chargers are limited to 175kW

Cashel and Athlone maybe? I haven't tried it myself so others might be able to confirm

It's possible the ESB hub at J7 will support 800V. I think the particular charger they're installing can do 800V as long as no-one plugs into the other side

the original Ionity installs here (Cashel, Gorey, City North) are all limited to ~175kW.
    The newer ones like Kill are 350kW capable. You can tell which is which by the hardware, in additon to the supply received.

It's possible the ESB hub at J7 will support 800V. I think the particular charger they're installing can do 800V as long as no-one plugs into the other side

That would be typical ESB alright to do a half assed job, crippling power if someone else plugs in.

The whole ESB Public charging is an atrocious joke and will be for years to come by the looks of it.

By the way, where is J7 ?

That would be typical ESB alright to do a half assed job, crippling power if someone else plugs in.

The whole ESB Public charging is an atrocious joke and will be for years to come by the looks of it.

By the way, where is J7 ?

Mayfield Junction 14, sorry

I should have just said "the only ESB hub that's being built" and that would have narrowed it down a good bit

Pretty sure those dual plug units divide the charge when both plugs are in use. It's a pretty known thing so they'll fill up one by one until they're all in use

Truth be told unless you're extremely unlucky it's unlikely to cost you more than 5 mins

For example if you plug in an ID.4 at 10% it'll get over 75kW up to 60%. Average charging speed to 60% is about 100kW, and should take 23 mins

If another ID.4 plugged in at the same time then you'd be down to 75kW, taking 30 mins to 60%

So the actual cost is only 7 mins, and that's if you're very unlucky

Mayfield Junction 14, sorry

I should have just said "the only ESB hub that's being built" and that would have narrowed it down a good bit

Pretty sure those dual plug units divide the charge when both plugs are in use. It's a pretty known thing so they'll fill up one by one until they're all in use

Truth be told unless you're extremely unlucky it's unlikely to cost you more than 5 mins

For example if you plug in an ID.4 at 10% it'll get over 75kW up to 60%. Average charging speed to 60% is about 100kW, and should take 23 mins

If another ID.4 plugged in at the same time then you'd be down to 75kW, taking 30 mins to 60%

So the actual cost is only 7 mins, and that's if you're very unlucky

I still think that it's not justifiable that there are cars that can take a much higher rate of charge for longer but the ESB will decide to skimp and install chargers that load share and will suffer form lower charge rates for the same money. That is unacceptable, in my opinion of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 vincentohanlon

yabadabado wrote: »

The Germany website has a configurator - https://konfigurator.hyundai.de/configure/ioniq-5/46/V1/139/trims

65k fully spec'd ! :eek:

You can generally add 7-10k on top of the DE price here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭John arse

You can generally add 7-10k on top of the DE price here.
    gonna be about €100k then:D?

on a different note,was looking (just online)at the id4 first edition-43k and well specced,wondering if you'd get anything off for cash straight-deal.might get a spin in one in the next few weeks otherwise was thinking of an enyaq 60,-37k and add a few bits(around 2k's worth),they've landed at last and will be looking at one shortly but alas would still like to know more about our beloved ioniq,it's really growing on me.(any thoughts on the vw folks?)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,526 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

The Germany website has a configurator - https://konfigurator.hyundai.de/configure/ioniq-5/46/V1/139/trims

65k fully spec'd ! :eek:

Lowest spec is 42k ?

I'm sure most people would fall somewhere in between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

Sorry but this car is a total rip off and no way is it worth the money that they’ll be asking. It’s one trick is faster charging capability and let’s be honest there’s not many places in the country where it’ll be any use to you, but that’s not the cars fault. The interior is subjective viewing although many recent alternatives aren’t any better in my opinion. The ID4 first edition is a reasonable offer by comparison.

Irishjg wrote: »
    Sorry but this car is a total rip off and no way is it worth the money that they’ll be asking.

That's a bit strong. Above poster said it's available from €42k. That's just €3k more than the base 64kWh Kona that sold like hotcakes in 2019. And just €2k more than the base 64kWh eNiro that sold like hotcakes last year

That's a bit strong. Above poster said it's available from €42k. That's just €3k more than the base 64kWh Kona that sold like hotcakes in 2019. And just €2k more than the base 64kWh eNiro that sold like hotcakes last year
    eh,that's in Germany!

John arse wrote: »
    eh,that's in Germany!

Ah ok, well let's wait for the prices over here. The Ioniq 5 / Kia EV6 is clearly a far bigger and far superior car compared to the likes of a €40k eNiro, which sold out everywhere, so we can expect it to be a good few grand more expensive

• Advertisement

Ah ok, well let's wait for the prices over here. The Ioniq 5 / Kia EV6 is clearly a far bigger and far superior car compared to the likes of a €40k eNiro, which sold out everywhere, so we can expect it to be a good few grand more expensive
    yeah that's what i'm thinking-i'm spending around 40k so,,,,,getting fed up waiting too

Advertisement