Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

1165166167168169171»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭DaveByDavid

Are there any issues with leaving the car plugged in for ages before it’s scheduled to charge?

we have recently moved to a smart electric plan so have cheap electric overnight.

we got home today around 5pm and plugged in so we didn’t forget but it’s scheduled 2am-8am.

any issues if that’s the kind of thing we do every day to keep topped up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭CPTM

Hi there, we got an Ioniq 2022 second hand from dealer a few weeks back and we seem to have fallen into that unfortunate bunch whose android auto isn't working. It connects when you start the car but after a while it disconnects with a "Phone not responding" message. Sometimes disconnecting and reconnecting the phone helps but not always. We have an Android Auto cable.

Is it a hard conversation with the dealer to get this fixed or has anyone found a way to resolve it for good? We really need it.. As in, thinking of selling it again if this can't be fixed.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I gave up and learned to live without it. I guess it depends how helpful your dealer decides to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭D_D

We found that you need to use the original/best quality cable for it to work consistently... We used a cable we bought separately and it started/stopped working intermittently but when we switched to the original cable that came with the phone, haven't had an issue since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭denismc

I have been using that schedule for over a year now and I have had no issues.

I find the AA works with best with certain cables.

If it's a case of your USB port being faulty and the main dealer refuses to fix it you could always try another dealer or an independent auto electrician.

You don't think it's an android auto issue? The more I mess with it, the more I'm thinking it's something to do with android auto.. I'm able to trigger the disconnection now. For example, when I'm parked with android auto connected, it disconnects straight away when I turn on the WiFi on my phone. Another time I'm sitting there connected and when I close all apps on my phone, the android auto disconnects straight away as well. It's almost like the phone can think of android auto if that's the only thing it's working on. But if a message comes in, something with Spotify, it disconnects and I have to unplug it and reconnect for it to refresh.

But that doesn't explain why your using the original cable works consistently. We've bought an android auto cable off Amazon with mega reviews specifically calling out android auto but still no joy. One of the first cables I tried was the original one but no joy there either. I suppose I could look at getting a cradle for the phone. It would be cheaper than getting a new car and aside from this we love the car.

Have you tried using someone else's phone?

There have been reports on other forums of the USB port being faulty but from what you're saying it seems like a software issue.

Another thing to try is to reinstall AA on your phone.

Yes, my wife's phone isn't working either. She has a different (newer) phone. The thing I don't understand is that we're all using the same software so I don't get why it's not all or nothing. It should be affecting everyone or no one.. aside from those select few that disabled auto updates for whatever reason.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled android auto a few times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beanhead

221 Premium RWD/38k - new to us in early May with 35k, had 6 wks of fun/best car ever, then….

12v problem killed the original 12v - I shrugged as 12v batteries die, replace with quality Yuasa - dead next day

Combo of new battery unconnected in frunk, jump leads & chargers to somewhat use the car while we wait 6 wks for dealer slot. Scuffed paint under key hole from using key which has a ridiculous interference with key end to use

Dealer replaced 12v/updated iccu f/w returned same day - dead again day after. I should have waited before calling & asking them to use fob to not open the car…
    Back with dealer, I guessing this is ICCU h/w not f/w

The ICCU is an expensive component $2200 & appears to have a shelf-life. Not sure if this is an overkill replacement & maybe the fuse is enough.

Given the sales success of the I5 hopefully aftermarket suppliers can fill the gap with better components which can last longer. A bit non-happy with how Hyundai are handling what appear to be an extremely(?) common fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You've an 8 year warranty with Hyundai so you won't need to pay out. Ring around a few Hyundai garages and see who can get you done the quickest. You have AA included so you can get them to tow the car for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭seandugg

New '22 Ioniq 5 owner here. Any tips / useful accessories/ general pointers?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Abel Magwitch

I spent two weeks in the UK with the family.

Charging was no problem. Most chargers were empty or only had one car at them. Plenty of choice

Overall the car performed very well and we were delighted with it on an extended holiday abroad. Next year we will go to France or Spain for sure with it

I bought this Thule cargo box and put it onto the hitch. Great accessory. No noise. Didn’t notice any real change to mileage, maybe 5% tops. It took the pram, cot bed, and plenty of small things also but freed up room in the car

https://www.thule.com/en-ie/cargo-carrier/towbar-cargo-carriers/thule-arcos-box-l-_-906202

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭fafy

its 5 years on the general car warranty and 8 only on the battery afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭DaveByDavid

Great, thanks.

Does the charging light on your car stay on even when it's not charging?

It's on for us at the moment despite charge set for 2am.

You're right, my mistake. Would the ICCU count as part of the battery structure I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭WicklowTiger

We did 3 weeks in Spain and France, covering 2,500kms and no problems at all with charging. Mostly using apps as well, just one using contactless on a Tesla charger. Majority of charging stops were when we needed to stop anyway for food, toilets etc. Travelled with a roofbox, so tried to keep to 110kmh max. just in case with the box, if anything saw improved efficiency due to lower than normal speed. Never had to queue for a charger.

I just checked last night and the lights go off some time after plugging in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭eagerv

Ours is always flashing when charging and sporadically comes on when plugged in and waiting to charge. We live in an unlit area and is very bright, would prefer it wasn't drawing so much attention. Was going to put some tape over the light, but the missus forbade me..🙂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭CivilEx

There is an accessory you can get which essentially just hangs a "flap" over the lights to stop drawing attention to them at night.

Here is an example of one, but I'm sure there are plenty of others selling them also:

https://www.etsy.com/ie/listing/1548089479/ioniq-5-ioniq-5-n-charging-indicator

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭John arse

Stick a bit of tape over the lights and trim it with a knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭MrGarak

I got this one and happy with it

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/144410556676

stops the neighbours getting flashed 😅 or drawing any unwanted attention

I got a call from my dealer today to book our Ioniq 5 in for an LFA update.

I think it must be this one.

https://www.ioniqforum.com/threads/lfa-adas_drv-update-uk-europe.49746/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭ongarite

The summer software update is now available through the PC updater app.

It has the redesigned climate & seat heating/cooling control screens.

Advertisement