Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

Yup! So hopefully that's correct and we're all good.

Just a bit of panic about the dealer spec sheet not having it (but having everything else!).

Like you say, the ugprade from premium to premium plus is pretty nice for 5k. In a car that already feels spacious the roof would be lovely I suspect, and audio should be pretty class too.

Just have to weigh up whether I need the rest of the tech really.

Bigger alloys isn't something I'm worried about considering everyone says smaller is better for ride comfort and handling.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

The 19s are far nicer styled than the 20s IMO.

Yeah if I was going premium 73kw I'd be very tempted to just go premium plus.

But can't justify the jump from Exec plus up to premium, and I don't need the 73kw motor

It's a real shame you can't mix and match much.

I wonder if they're doing that because it's easier to sell higher specs, or just because of alll the shortages it's easier to keep things consistent.

We have a 58kw exec-plus on order, but having a last minute wobble about needing a bigger battery, although we really don't do a huge amount of long trips, so maybe it's range anxiety before I even have the car! Most of our trips are small daily 20km round trips at most.

Premium was a nice feel, but it is quite a jump just for leather. I know there's some other stuff but not sure how much I'd miss it. Then you summed it up really, once you're at 73kw premium it's not that big of a jump just to get everything!

At the end of the Day if you look at what I really want from the extras above Exec Plus its Full Leather Seats, Panoramic Sun Roof and Bose System... is all that really worth the extra 13k from Exec Plus? Not for me, Could buy another nice second hand Hybrid Runaround for the missus for that money.

Yup, that's fair enough. I was looking at Mach-E so almost converting over the cost of that to what you can get for i5.

Blind spot camera also seems nice, but again, it's a lot extra.

• Advertisement

So I asked the dealer about the bose speaker system and the vision roof on premium plus and he sent an email to Hyundai and this is what he got back:

Both options you have asked about are available on Premuim Plus, however please bear in mind we are yet to see a premium plus so specs can change. There is an AWD option in premium plus also but the range does come down on this due to the additional weight.

So as it's on the website it should have it, but they can't guarantee it...

I've never bought a new car before but it seems pretty laughable that you can hand over the best part of 55,000 euro and not be guaranteed what it says is what you'll get.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

When we ordered 2 months ago the dealer originally said there's no vision roof and their spec sheet doesn't show it either. Then few days later he called and Hyundai told them that vision roof will be on the premium plus model.

To be honest so far I'm still hearing conflicting information. All the info the dealer are getting are straight from Hyundai and they don't seem to even know what is going on!

Yeah, it's a joke to be honest, not sure if this is normal for new car buying.

It's not a deal breaker but roof would be nice.

Put a 1000 deposit on a atlas white premium plus RWD today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

First one in the flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

We ordered ours in Galactic Grey premium plus RWD.

Not sure if this was recently added to Hyundai's site or I just never noticed. But in their Design Colour -> Interior section. It's now saying something about Dark Green/Dove Gray optional colour pack.

As far as I know when we ordered we were not given the choice for interior colours and there wasn't an optional colour pack. And the exterior colour was tied to the interior colour. Has this been changed?

• Advertisement

That's new if anything.

From everything I've seen the interior is chosen from exterior colour.

So black exterior is white interior and vice versa, no choice afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

You won’t hand over the money though until you see the actual car , and if your not happy do not progress the sale and you will get the deposit back

Yeah fair point.

I don't think I'm not going to take the car either way, just think it's a bit silly that they can't tell me right now what the car will and won't have.

Roof would be nice, but not a deal breaker in the grand scheme of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭denismc

The V2l adaptor is available to preorder on the German website for 400 Euro so hopefully it will come here eventually.

https://hyundaizubehoer.de/de/ioniq-5/210394-v2l-connector-ioniq-5.html

• Registered Users Posts: 16,036 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Had a look at one of these today. It certainly is a fine car but big too. It looks so much better in the metal.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Anyone know what the charger cable length is that you get with the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Looks to be 5m. You can order longer cables online. Have seen 10m cables for ~€280

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

The top priced model is 64K or thereabouts.

Next one down is 10K cheaper, is it all down to 4WD or has it higher BHP ?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Is there any availability of these in either exec or exec plus for delivery in January anywhere or when would you be looking at delivery ?

• Advertisement

I think there is a batch of Exec and Exec+ due in December for January delivery, I'm not sure if they are already sold though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭eagerv

Yes our dealer said was expecting in December, would be worth checking around and getting your order in, I am sure there are always cancellations..

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭thunderbolt

Finally put an order in for a Cyber Grey Premium Plus! Looking forward to it now (even though delivery is months away!!!) My first EV, so it will be interesting to see how I get on with it.

Around a week or so ago there was some dealers with stock left, just start ringing around!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,046 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What's with the 0-60 times on all these electric cars, why does a family hatch bringing kids to school need to do a 0-60 time faster than a Ferrari F40. I don't get it, the energy it take, all it does it lower the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Same as driving the tits off a petrol engine. That will use more fuel.

Just because an ev has a very quick 0 - 60 time doesn't mean you have to do it every time you drive it.

Honestly think The video reviewers all comment on it as wannabe Jeremy Clarksons, feeling like they have to be seen as a sporty driver and comment on the 0-60 like its one of the important factors owning a car.

Have to say thats one of the reasons why i Like @MarkN Nobby's reviews, as he quite often mentions that most of the base range EVs have more than enough speed and oomf for the everyday user and how the extra price paid for more horsepower just isnt that necessary most the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Outside of Tesla the majority of EVs aren't super fast. ID.3 with 204hp is 0-60 in 7 seconds and that's one of the quicker ones.

Very few people buying top spec, high power models of any car. Golf R does 0-60 in 4.2 seconds and is probably one of the fastest mainstream cars on the road but 99% of their driving will be done commuting in traffic and they're massively outsold by standard models.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭eagerv

Also while manufacturers are constrained by the quantity of cars they can produce atm, it makes sense to sell their highest profit models. I am sure it doesn't cost much more to produce a higher hp motor, yet can command a much higher price.

• Advertisement

I think EVs are still seen by many as " glorified milk floats" so the 0 to 60 thing is just dispel some old myths .

Advertisement