Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I've ordered the same spec, so you're looking a real world range of under 300 kms in the current temps, kinda what the dealer has told me to expect too, I can live with that. With EV's is there any sort of a break in period on the batteries like with an ICE engine where it becomes more efficient after a certain amount of mileage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭denismc

Not really but your driving style may change somewhat as you become more conscious of your energy consumption.

Luckily the cars give you plenty of information so you can see where your energy is being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭eagerv

Best of luck. Was out in ours this afternoon for a bit of a run. (Haven't been let up to now..😁). Went on a regular route and appears about 15% less efficient than our ID.3 which is about 15% less efficient than our old Ioniq 28. All on rural roads, so would probably increase more if on faster roads or if more heating required. In certainly ain't bad, looks like 300 km easy enough to achieve in winter on slower roads on a sunny dry day like today..

Looking forward to seeing a pic or two denismc.

The car has gone to the detailer for the weekend so will post photos after.

I also found the towing hooks rolling around my boot, you'd think they could find a bit of velcro to secure them.

Just had a call from customer services at Hyundai, checking all ok with car since we now have about 4 days. Mentioned the tow hooks, was told they will give instructions to dealers to put into bag😊.

Apparently Waterford will have 3 classics to sell on, they reckon will sell quickly..

• Advertisement

The main longer journeys we'll have to make are 2 x 240km round trips every second weekend when I'm collecting my teenage son for his visits. If I can manage the 240kms on one charge without getting to squeaky bum time range I'll be very happy with that! My current car is costing me the guts of €80 of petrol to do those trips twice monthly and another €8 in tolls.

Other than that it's a trip up the West of Ireland every 6 weeks or so to see the inlaws, another 250kms trip, we don't mind having to stop on those though if needs be.

Depends very much on temperature, wind, speed etc. Motorways would be pushing it a bit I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

Id say you'll handily enough do 240km if you set cruise control to 106 or so for the motorway and just blast the heating when needed at 20°.

You could also get cheeky with the downhill parts, setting the regen to level 0 for coast and then upping the regen to break.. basically free energy/charging. M4 is quite hilly if you're going that road

The one thing I noticed today when the regen in the car is set to Zero it doesn't coast as freely as the old car, there is a discernible drop in speed when I take my foot of the accelerator whereas the older Ioniq would literally coast for miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Taxed the car for the year today, €120 :)

Finding the lane keep assist feature very annoying. It's constantly beeping at us and automatically readjusting the steering wheel. Have turned it off in settings but it comes back on every time car is started. Is there any way of permanently disabling this ?

• Advertisement

I think to attain a 5 star safety rating lane keep has to be on at start up, also you cannot turn off by simple button press like in earlier models. The ioniq 5 though does have the button conveniently on wheel, think you have to hold for a few seconds to turn off. All new to us as well, but don't find it too intrusive as yet..

Noticed that as well. Perhaps it's just down to the extra drag and weight, wonder is it the same type of motor as in the classic? Tried the auto regen, but prefer the VW system where the car freewheels unless regen required. In the Ioniq 5 there is always about level 1 regen in auto, but will increase if car ahead. Also I don't like that there is no regen on brake pedal when in 0 regen. (At least brakes will stay clean)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

There were a few software updates due on the cars one of which was to do with Lane Keep Assist. I've heard it can be a bit fidgity but the update should sort it. Worth checking with the dealer if yours needs the update

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

Anyone having issues setting the home point in sat nav?

I set it and next time I was in car I did voice recognition to "take me home" and had to set home again.

ABRP says I comfortably do it with 21% remaining, it's 232 kms altogether.

The route is approx:

20km B roads (80kms limit)

40kms Motorway / dual carriage way (120/100km)

60kms N road (100 kms)

https://abetterrouteplanner.com?plan_uuid=1125f38b-4f75-4f90-8907-5af2c51070f3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

Hi I'm buying Ioniq 5 soon,im new to Ev cars.Im just like to ask a question about how much is it costing to charge to 100%.I'm with the ESB for electric.

Depends on what your tariff is.

Would need to check that then x the lowest rate you can get by the KW of your car.

From what I can see for our Electric Ireland we're on a flat rate of 0.1924 per KW (if I'm reading the bill right).

So 0.1924 x 73kw = 14.05 euro to "fill up" to 100% which is about 400km~ in our Ioniq 5 (real world might be a bit less than that).

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cateye

Filled up 100% last night and have got 309 km range on 73kW premium plus Long way from 480km. Temp seems to have a bigger bearing than i thought on range.Has anyone else got examples

as in you drove it today for 309 km?

the range read out on the dial reduces automatically if you have the heating on and also reduces depeding on temperature, and what level you have it On.

I've had no issues with range in my 58kw. averaging 15.72kw/100km or 6.36kM per kw. giving an average total range of 369km. Done 600km so far. i think thats excellent in cold temps and has included a fair amount of motorway and hilly driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭John arse

Something strange going on when the 58kwh is going further than the 73kwh?🤔🤔🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭ec_pc

Is driving style a big influencer? I watched 5th Gear Recharged last night and they took an Ioniq 5 on a 500 mile trip around Northern Scotland. 2 of the presenters were sharing the driving - Vicki + Rory. Perhaps for TV, but he was driving economically using regen and coasting etc (which probably gets a bit wearing) and from what I can determine she was driving it harder.

I suppose you don't drive an EV the way you drive an ICE car and this is reflected in consumption along with all the other influencers such as temp, heat on, air con, hills etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 19,982 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

dont forget the EV toll reductions, you need to register with a tag provider but its well worth it.

Driving style is the biggest factor along with outside temperature and heating temperature.

my numbers I posted above would definitely include me being Frugal with the heating, but i'm one of those who doesnt feel the cold as much so I tend to leave it off til i'm obvioously cold.

Ive also been driving mainly in iPedal Regen mode in ECO setup.

So all in all yes Im probably closer to maximizing the range than others, but its not like i havent put my foot down at all either.

Anyone with Liberty get their insurance sorted. Got the reg and went to change over only to be told they won’t insure it.

they want either proof of purchase or the log book before they’ll cover it…

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭marc1

I’m getting about 320-360 km of real driving to a full charge on the 72 kWh battery. 320 when doing a mix but more motorway. 360 when doing more town and national roads (80 kph). That’s with everything on. Winter mode, climate control on auto, etc…

Journey averages are 24 - 30 kWh/100km.

Normal driving, no watching consumption really, but I’m not an aggressive driver either. EV database is spot on.

https://ev-database.org/car/1478/Hyundai-IONIQ-5-Long-Range-2WD

Real Range Estimationbetween 275 - 565 km

City - Cold Weather *385 km

Highway - Cold Weather *275 km

Combined - Cold Weather *325 km

City - Mild Weather *565 km

Highway - Mild Weather *350 km

Combined - Mild Weather *440 km

Very strange.

We're not with liberty but we did have some issues getting quotes because the car wasn't registered yet, that all seems solved now and the registration shows up on various sites.

We actually switched from Axa to Aviva because Aviva gave us a rate of 345 euro for the year on premium plus if we paid outright, 452 on installments. Didn't seem that bad!

Got sorted in the end! They had it down as 300odd bhp with a 1cc engine even though its electric

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭russelldlee

Can you tell me who is installing for that price and what charger you're getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sargasso

If you are on a 24hr meter then you should consider moving to a day/night meter. You can request your supplier to get ESB to change it at no charge (there is a charge if you look to change back in the future). The day rate is usually slightly higher than 24hr meter (1/2c) but night rate should be around half day (currently 9/11c). Then max your night usage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Sargasso

Sorry one other thing is the standing charge is higher on day/night by €60/65.

Advertisement