Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

unkel wrote: »
    Interesting that traditionally a maker of econoboxes - Hyundai / Kia - now looks to have gone semi-premium where its biggest competitor, traditionally a maker of semi-premium cars - Volkwagen - has now downgraded to making econoboxes (ID.3 / ID.4)

Your man says he is 6'2. Now if he really was sitting "behind himself" in that rear seat (this wasn't clear to me from the video), the rear interior space and leg room is huge. As big as the biggest cars you can buy like Tesla Model X, Audi Q7, etc.

They've been dabbling in semi premium for some time with the Equus brand so may gave brushed up on detail over the years. Genesis brand more recently but never seen much about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,370 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yeah the more premium brands of Asian cars have had some (limited) success since they started about 30 years ago, but mostly in the USA only. Lexus excepted.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Dealer just rang to say they'll be landing in July. Seems very ambitious.

The demo cars for the dealers were always meant to be landing in July, weren't they?

Got to say I'm excited to go have a test drive in one. Fantastic looking car which is pretty rare in the world of EVs. The only good looking existing EVs for sale now that I can think of are the Audi eTron and the Tesla Model S (which now looks a bit dated)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kop-end

The demo cars for the dealers were always meant to be landing in July, weren't they?

Got to say I'm excited to go have a test drive in one. Fantastic looking car which is pretty rare in the world of EVs. The only good looking existing EVs for sale now that I can think of are the Audi eTron and the Tesla Model S (which now looks a bit dated)

Probably Demo cars arrive July, project 45 versions (expensive) vavailable late 2021, standard version then arrives early 2022.

• Advertisement

I contacted my favourite Hyundai dealer and he said they are hoping to get the demo cars in July

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I contacted my favourite Hyundai dealer and he said they are hoping to get the demo cars in July

Must of been what my local dealer was referring to. Still though. The first ones available are reported to be big money, yeah?

Yep. Read the last few pages, the ones you can order for delivery some time later this year are called the "Project 45" limited first edition. These are AWD, long range, full spec cars. They will not be cheap.

The cheaper models won't be arriving until some time next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭innrain

I guy at work told me that in their country Hyundai published prices for Ioniq5.
    I've checked Hyundai websites on the continent, but oddly just RO has prices available so I'll save them before they disappear548052.png

https://www.hyundai-motor.ro/noul-ioniq5
    Is it me or it seems that the first ones will be cheaper? Anyway I asked the guy to step into a dealership there and see if he can get a delivery date or something.

Was the Irish ESB involved in creating that web page? 73kW battery? :p :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

My Romanian is a bit rusty, but it seems the base spec "Premium" doesn't get an awful lot less than the high spec "Luxury", some reasonably relevant stuff I spotted were the 20" wheels, self parking, heads up display and some sort of external adapter for the Vehicle to Load system. Not sure what sort of adapter that is.

Both have the LKAS, adaptive cruise and AEB. Wonder how much the LKAS has improved compared to the fairly decent system that was standard in a €25k Ioniq 5 years ago? The Premium being 5k cheaper would be my choice for sure

Was the Irish ESB involved in creating that web page? 73kW battery? :p :rolleyes:

Well if you drill down into the specs all have the same battery 73 a.u. the same consumption rate 160.2 Wh/km but the range differs from 480km the cheapest one to 430km the most expensive one, irrespective of the motor power.

My Romanian is a bit rusty, but it seems the base spec "Premium" doesn't get an awful lot less than the high spec "Luxury", some reasonably relevant stuff I spotted were the 20" wheels, self parking, heads up display and some sort of external adapter for the Vehicle to Load system. Not sure what sort of adapter that is.

Both have the LKAS, adaptive cruise and AEB. Wonder how much the LKAS has improved compared to the fairly decent system that was standard in a €25k Ioniq 5 years ago? The Premium being 5k cheaper would be my choice for sure
    Translate extension in google chrome is a breeze for common technical stuff.

Luxury has solar roof and 20" wheels.

innrain wrote: »
    Well if you drill down into the specs all have the same battery 73 a.u.

I think you missed my point :p

(hint: what is the S.I. unit for battery capacity?)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭pdpmur

Nm?

No and not km/h either :p

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭pdpmur

pdpmur wrote: »
    Nm?

or kg.m.m/(s.s) in strict SI?

No I did not.
    a.u. stands for arbitrary units :)
    I've have seen this mistake so many times it does not bug me anymore.
    My point was that with the same battery the same consumption they obtain different ranges. Which for me is a bigger issue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

innrain wrote: »
    Well if you drill down into the specs all have the same battery 73 a.u. the same consumption rate 160.2 Wh/km but the range differs from 480km the cheapest one to 430km the most expensive one, irrespective of the motor power.

Something is off alright. I suspect it's just a lazy copy/paste of the consumption figures. It would be normal for the same capacity battery to deliver different range based on car spec. And it makes no sense that different spec should have the same consumption figure.

According to the Irish Times, Ireland will not be getting the AWD.

Makes sense I suppose, Hyundai Ireland only bulk import one trim, that's what they're always done can't really see them change for the 5 ?

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/hyundai-unveils-the-first-of-its-new-range-of-all-electric-models-1.4492670

Anyone know then what the basic RWD 0-100 is ? or is it the 5. something seconds or only the AWD version ?

• Advertisement

Makes sense I suppose, Hyundai Ireland only bulk import one trim, that's what they're always done can't really see them change for the 5 ?

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/hyundai-unveils-the-first-of-its-new-range-of-all-electric-models-1.4492670

I wonder what he is basing that on. The "Project 45" cars of the first edition are all AWD. So the cars the dealers are getting in a few months times are presumably also all AWD "Project 45" cars

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Anyone know then what the basic RWD 0-100 is ? or is it the 5. something seconds or only the AWD version ?

I think the RWD has similar power to the ID.4's 150kW, so if that's the case I can't see it doing much better than 7 or 8 seconds

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

I wonder what he is basing that on. The "Project 45" cars of the first edition are all AWD. So the cars the dealers are getting in a few months times are presumably also all AWD "Project 45" cars

Yeah maybe, then after that I presume Hyundai will just import the RWD because it's cheaper just to import the one spec in large bulk, I remember Hyundai Ireland telling me this before.

I think the RWD has similar power to the ID.4's 150kW, so if that's the case I can't see it doing much better than 7 or 8 seconds

Yeah, that's not terrible but more poke would be nice.

How do you reserve the 5 in Ireland or can you ? I registered my interest, that's about all I could find.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Quite a complete look at a preproduction model, covering materials, infotainment, interior, exterior, but no driving test. Interesting machine and from the design and tech it seems it is both futuristic yet also mid-market. I guess the reviewer is Korean (English subs), talking to a domestic audience, so it tells us quite a lot. Perhaps we will see smaller wheels on the regular RWD models?
    https://youtu.be/YWQYC-s_TM0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

7.4 seconds apparently. I think unkel's old Ioniq was 8 seconds, so not great TBH :pac:
    Pretty much identical to the ID.4.

Plenty fast enough for most.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Another video from the SpeakEV thread
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFuDGKQAICQ

Shows there will be a basic 58kWh model (in some markets) with 19" wheels, and I guess initially the LR model will feature a higher end spec as standard with 20" alloys and a Bose sound system. Similar to Nissan's use of the SVE trim for launching their 62kWh and only providing the SV Premium trim later. Obviously, this machine is more futureproof, yet also a riskier proposition. Look forward to full driving reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,048 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The wing mirror is like a 1980s camcorder. Won't last long, first hit and it's smashed.The first thing on market for them will be normal wing mirrors you can retro fit.

• Advertisement

I don't know why but I rather like the 5, am I mad ?

Not sure whether I'd take the plunge, my mileage now means depreciation is high but I think this is one car I could actually keep, but sadly our DC Network is a joke, I think that along with my high mileage is making me think twice. It's a tough one.

Anyone guess what the 4wd version will cost in Ireland after Grant and VRT relief ?

Advertisement