Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,316 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

slave1 wrote: »
    €65k LOL, Model Y all day long

You'd only be short a few grand from a Model Y performance. If that car is as good as the Model 3 performance, it will wipe the ass of anything out there. Petrol, diesel or EV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

There is a virtual showroom event this week in UK so probably they will announce the prices over there first. Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Redfox25

I could be way off on the price, trying to find the articile I read. There should be some sort of official notification from Hyundai this month if they are launching/selling from June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭John arse

am looking at enyaq 60-it'll be under 40k but keeping an eye on ev6 and ionic 5 for pricing.

Enyaq is 40k basic, add in the alarm and other "features" and it gets more expensive rapidly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭John arse

Redfox25 wrote: »
    Enyaq is 40k basic, add in the alarm and other "features" and it gets more expensive rapidly.

it has enough for me though,led lights,nav,bumper sensors,19 inch alloys,keyless go,lane assistant,tyre sensors,info pack,cruise control,etc .sure i'd be happy enough but still have get a look and a spin in one!

John arse wrote: »
    it has enough for me though,led lights,nav,bumper sensors,19 inch alloys,keyless go,lane assistant,tyre sensors,info pack,cruise control,etc .sure i'd be happy enough but still have get a look and a spin in one!

Be careful with the lane assist as it might not be what you think, travel assist is the one that keeps you in the lane, lane assist just bounces from line to line and doesn't auto steer.

Not sure but I think it's travel assist in the Seat too ?

Skoda doesn't have travel assist by the looks of it ? only 2 trims and 50 Kw charging for 48K ? that has to be a joke ?

Interior look scool too, I like the way the bottom of the screen has climate control, home and seems to be a little bit more intuitive ?

Lane assist is a brutal system from what I've seen online. You'd want travel assist.

• Moderators Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

John arse wrote: »

Enyaq 60. Cruise control, but not adaptive.
    Lane assist is just "try keep me from falling out if lane". It's pretty underwhelming tbh.

No front sensors, no heated seats, no chrome (odd it's €400, seems like money making). No USB in the back if you need that? No 3 pin charger either. No metallic paint.

Be aware the 412km range isn't real world. Take 20% off that anyways. And 50kW charging is kinda slow for that size battery.

Didn't skoda say there were only 250 into Ireland in 2021, and that they all presold. I can understand the 250 (at that price for spec who's buying them) but all presold? Either lies, or there'll be lots of returned deposits. Shame really. It had great potential

• Advertisement

Enyaq 60. Cruise control, but not adaptive.
    Lane assist is just "try keep me from falling out if lane". It's pretty underwhelming tbh.

Just dumb cruise and no decent lane keep assist. No heated seats, no granny cable and very slow charging?

The Paddiest of Paddy specs! Makes the Kona spec that we all gave out about 2 years ago sound luxurious. And remember the €25k Ioniq had all of the above as standard, 5 years ago.

unkel wrote: »
    Just dumb cruise and no decent lane keep assist. No heated seats, no granny cable and very slow charging?

The Paddiest of Paddy specs! Makes the Kona spec that we all gave out about 2 years ago sound luxurious. And remember the €25k Ioniq had all of the above as standard, 5 years ago.

The id.4 life has all that + 11 Kw AC for 44K not sure the Skoda has 11 Kw AC at all.

The Skoda is larger so probably costing extra for that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭eagerv

Drive in Korea.
    Not sure about the looks and the camera mirrors, but like the charging station..

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

eagerv wrote: »
    Drive in Korea.
    Not sure about the looks and the camera mirrors, but like the charging station..

I am sure about the side mirror screens... They're cat

• Registered Users Posts: 8,025 ✭✭✭Patser

There's something about the gear selector looks really cheap, and breakable. I know it's a copy of the one on my i3, but the silver plastic at the end of the stalk looks very cheap quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

2021 finally seem seems to be the year of BEVs if you like a comfortable family car with with decent charging speeds and range. At the moment I feel like the Ioniq 5 trumps them all of the competition apart perhaps the the Model Y. I expect the Tesla to offer better handling and acceleration (edit: and better software updates).

What are the chances that Hyundai does a skoda here in the Irish market and offers just a RWD model with "halogen headlamps and grey paint with mouse grey interior and 50 kW charging"?

• Moderators Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

sh81722 wrote: »
    2021 finally seem seems to be the year of BEVs if you like a comfortable family car with with decent charging speeds and range. At the moment I feel like the Ioniq 5 trumps them all of the competition apart perhaps the the Model Y. I expect the Tesla to offer better handling and acceleration (edit: and better software updates).

What are the chances that Hyundai does a skoda here in the Irish market and offers just a RWD model with "halogen headlamps and grey paint with mouse grey interior and 50 kW charging"?

Well Hyundai did a Hyundai when they launched the Kona here. Basic of basic spec for top money. UK got a much nicer finish for their money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

HYUNDAI IONIQ 5 First Drive - could this be the electric car of the year? | Fully Charged CARS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2tHJD6mMbE

RHD with real mirrors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFTDxfpZmZM

German Video

up to 221KW charging speed sustained at over 180kw for most of the charging cycle and went from 12 to 80% in 18 minutes.
    He mentions that he is charging at Ionity because there is a compatibility issue with another manufacturer's high speed charger and also noted that after 80% it had dropped down to 6kw due to another firmware issue. Both bugs should be fixed before release to market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

Late Brake
    New Hyundai Ioniq 5 full review - the 300-mile Tesla EV rival styled by Minecraft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6RsmzCYB3I

• Advertisement

At the moment I feel like the Ioniq 5 trumps them all of the competition apart perhaps the the Model Y.

I'd say you're not wrong. Looking forward to watching all those reviews later.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

and seeing the price of it!

Will be good to see it actually sitting beside other cars,

It seems to be lovely looking. From looking at the size of it, its comparable to the Tuscon in size, if not a big bigger inside.

Would love one to replace my diesel Tuscon but not doing any milage atm so hard to justify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

Looks like my timing regarding the UK reviews was impeccable. Will be interesting to watch them later.

It seems to be lovely looking. From looking at the size of it, its comparable to the Tuscon in size, if not a big bigger inside.

The wheelbase is 3m, that's the same as a Tesla Model X, Audi Q7 and Volvo XC90, the biggest buses you can buy. This thing must be huge on the inside :D

Anyone know who designed the Ioniq 5? I know Kia have used European designers for a long time since Peter Schreyer (of Audi TT fame) joined them, possibly same for Hyundai? I've said it on this forum several years ago: the Koreans have very strong ambitions but they go about them in a quiet way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Would love one to replace my diesel Tuscon but not doing any milage atm so hard to justify it.

551437.png

From the dutch website which lists the car starting from 43.5k https://www.hyundai.com/nl/modellen/IONIQ-5.html

https://www.vitesco-technologies.com/en/Home/Press/21-03-24
    Continential subsidiary Vitesco provided the 800v charging unit and there will be 11 cars using their 800v charger by 2025.

vitesco also make the electric motor with integrated electronic handbrake for the e208 and other PSA EVs.

"In the walkaround video, Hyundai Head of Design SangYup Lee provides interesting insight into the 45 concept car, which was the second Hyundai concept car to embody the brand’s new design identity, Sensuous Sportiness."

They seem to be giving credit to he Pony designed by Giugiaro back in the 70s.

They've had a scattergun approach to design language for the last decade trying to find a winner. They appear to have now found a winner and they can now warm up the photocopiers and shrink enlarge the photocopies a-la Audi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,902 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Na the KIA EV6 will be better and looks much better.
    cannco253 wrote: »
    HYUNDAI IONIQ 5 First Drive - could this be the electric car of the year? | Fully Charged CARS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2tHJD6mMbE

RHD with real mirrors

Nope that will be the KIA EV6 and it look much better than this dull car.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement