Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best dog food

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 zyraaisha

Hi everyone. Just wondering, when you change your dog food - is it normal for them to have yellow poo? Or does it mean the new food doesn't suit them? I'm slowly transitioning our 13 week old puppy from pedigree (from the breeder) to Nadur. Since I started doing 50/50, his poo has turned yellow and a bit soft. He doesn't seem to be in any pain and he's his usual energetic self.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭anewme

My fella is on Acana but going to have to review that in light of it being taken over by Mars Petfood.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Have my two on Leader puppy and Leader adult slimline from red mills and can't complain. Hopefully doggies see it same way. They thrive on it. But have to say I cook for them too. Making the food as rich as possible, as in, no dry kibble every day. Deer, chicken, beef, veggies. I think that's the way to go to find the best dog food and don't make it boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Widowmaker

Our little rescue Chihuahua cross was blasting out some really seriously bad farts when we got him, so we tried different foods and came across Butternut Box and their marketing struck a chord, so we gave it a try.

They do some cheap starter offers and after a while it does become a bit pricey, but our little lad is 5 kilos and we get his food and two bags of their chicken tenders and I estimate it is costing us around €2.30 per day which I am happy with.

He looks great, his coat is shiny, his poos firm but not too hard and he farts a lot less then he used to!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Deadwards.com

We have our girl on butternut box also and we found the same thing i.e. lack of smelly room clearing farts :-)

We are ordering a trial box of Phoenix bark now to see how it stacks up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Barkin Bisto (based in NI) also do some cooked options and have subscribe and save option too to lower the price a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭hamburgham

Another fan of Butternut. Ingredients recognizable as real food and smells absolutely delicious. My dog is incredibly fussy, but she eats this. She gets mainly home cooked food though, think it’s the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I just cooked some Wolf’s Menu patties for Bailey - had them in the freezer and completely forgot you could cook them! They’re in 50g patties so easy to portion and can be fed raw or cooked. The ones I have are 80% meat vs 60% in butternut and better value for larger dogs.

https://www.rawvolution.ie/Wolfs-Menu?product_id=1919

• Registered Users Posts: 30 zyraaisha

Hi everyone. Just a little update, our puppy was on Nadur but had loose stools even after transitioning slowly. He was also very fussy and never finished his meal. He's now on Butternut box - no loose stool, no farts and licks his bowl clean every time.

Advertisement