Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish lessons

Options
  • 03-01-2021 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

Hi is there anything available, a sort of casual evening class type thing?
    I am in Castlegregory, but Tralee would be practical.

I am thinking pst covid incidentally, I dont expect anything is going on now anyway.

SK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

Hi SK,

I was thinking of doing this post COVID in person if there was sufficient interest. In the meantime I have been thinking about running a casual ciorcal comhrá on Zoom if it would be of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Slightly Kwackers

Thanks, I would like to have a go, but my knowledge is virtually zero.

I have worked my way through a few pages of Buntus Cante but find even that difficult to get into. The dialogue is very fast and seems to merge to one sound.

I suppose I am a lot past the ideal language learning stage, but I have a serious requirement to learn having given a total commitment to my Irish citizenship now that I have my passport and Brexit has taken its course.

I'll have a look at zoom. I use a PC, the Ipad is a bit dodgy now.

Thanks

SK

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

Thanks, I would like to have a go, but my knowledge is virtually zero.

I have worked my way through a few pages of Buntus Cante but find even that difficult to get into. The dialogue is very fast and seems to merge to one sound.

I suppose I am a lot past the ideal language learning stage, but I have a serious requirement to learn having given a total commitment to my Irish citizenship now that I have my passport and Brexit has taken its course.

I'll have a look at zoom. I use a PC, the Ipad is a bit dodgy now.

Thanks

SK

Zoom is compatible with most platforms, so it should be ok.

This is going to be an informal chat and there is no minimum standard of Irish expected. People can come just to hear the language spoken, to contribute or to improve their knowledge. If you have Facebook, join this page and I will post details there for the first session:

https://www.facebook.com/KerryGaelgeoirs

Alternatively, if not, I can dm you on boards once we have a date and time set.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Slightly Kwackers

Thanks I would appreciate the information.

I don't have a facebook account, I would guess that it might not be available to me as I only have a landline, no mobile.

I have Linkedin but that's all.

SK

Advertisement