Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Independent TV and home network installer

• 04-01-2021 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Happy new year everyone,

Looking for recommendations for a competent installer who will be able to set up a central Comms room to provide TV and internet throughout the house. Cables are already in place just not hooked up to anything in the central location.

Appreciate any help as I am clueless

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Id probably suggest something like satcity, if you need someone who may have experience of both. Are the cables terminated already, or do they still need to be made off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭Tefral

Tony O'Bryne in Netcore is your man. He is unbelievable.

I work for an electrical contractor and we do alot of this stuff and i just sub all this work to him. Never gives me an ounce of bother and everything is 100%

http://netcore.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭coff66

phill106 wrote: »
    Id probably suggest something like satcity, if you need someone who may have experience of both. Are the cables terminated already, or do they still need to be made off?

Terminated at the room ends and unterminated in the wardrobe. Do satcity do installation work for network pieces, i see on their site they sell items but only mention installing TV.

Tefral wrote: »
    Tony O'Bryne in Netcore is your man. He is unbelievable.

I work for an electrical contractor and we do alot of this stuff and i just sub all this work to him. Never gives me an ounce of bother and everything is 100%

http://netcore.ie/

Thank you. Do he do domestic installation?
    I'll pop him off an email anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

coff66 wrote: »
    Terminated at the room ends and unterminated in the wardrobe. Do satcity do installation work for network pieces, i see on their site they sell items but only mention installing TV.

Worth checking anyway, it is quite a minor task, that i can see someone working with iptv/satellite stuff may be involved in.
    I just bought myself a bag of rj45's and had a crimper from before, so going to try to do my own now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭banie01

There's a user here, Steveon who undertakes this type of work too.
    I've always been happy with his work.

phill106 wrote: »
    Worth checking anyway, it is quite a minor task, that i can see someone working with iptv/satellite stuff may be involved in.
    I just bought myself a bag of rj45's and had a crimper from before, so going to try to do my own now :)

I'll pop them an email too. Wish I had the confidence to give it a go myself but no chance. I wish you the best of luck! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 13 LimkTeach

Hello, just wondering did you get sorted? Could you recommend someone, we are in the same position.

Advertisement