Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL 2020 Season Playoffs - Wildcard Weekend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I still expect the Browns to be competitive. Losing your HC for the game the week of your first playoff game in over a decade is kind of unimaginable and I’m not trying to downplay it but he will still be able to contribute in the lead up, as far as that is possible under the circumstances. They haven’t really lost any starters to the outbreak bar Bittonio, and Ward will be back by all accounts.

Pittsburgh are fairly depleted themselves, down six / seven starters, four of them first rounders, and also their kicker probably won’t play which could matter if it’s close. Maybe it’s not the gimme people are expecting.

It's not just the starters it's the disruption. I hope it's minimal, but reduced practice and inf=put from your HC the week of your first playoff game in 18 years is not ideal.

I guess we'll see come Sunday. I hope I'm wrong.

conor222 wrote: »
    168 - 88 regular season record

Colts @ Bills
    Rams @ Seahawks
    Buccaneers @ Washington
    Ravens @ Titans
    Bears @ Saints
    Browns @ Steelers

Calling a few upsets here but I've convinced myself of some of them
    Ravens have been touted as being back to 2019 form, but their big December wins have been against Bengals, Giants, Jags and Cowboys. Only real quality one was vs Browns and none of them against an offense like the Titans who have beaten them the last two times they met.
    Steelers also being touted as now back to form, but they played well for a half against a Colts team that I don't really rate that highly. Lost to Washington, Bills, Bengals, good 20 mins vs poor Colts team and their backups played browns well. If it wasn't for the covid/coaching issues coming into the playoffs I wouldn't hesitate to pick the Browns, even given the performance last week, but I still think they could shade it. Who knows :)

I say a lot of last week's game was the pressure tied up in getting to the playoffs. You could see the whole team tighten up as the game wore on.

They should be a bit looser this week with almost no pressure. With no Covid disruption I'm taking the Browns all day but I'm flip flopping atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

It's not just the starters it's the disruption. I hope it's minimal, but reduced practice and inf=put from your HC the week of your first playoff game in 18 years is not ideal.

I guess we'll see come Sunday. I hope I'm wrong.
    Yeah I understand that, it’s a long way from ideal without a doubt. We won’t know how badly it effects them until Sunday. They’ll still have most of their players and the Steelers have their own issues is all I’m saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Are all the games on game pass or will some be blocked with sky?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

All on Gamepass and Sky I think.

• Advertisement

digzy wrote: »
    Are all the games on game pass or will some be blocked with sky?

Haven’t had a single game blocked all year, have you had games blacked out on GP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

173 - 83 for the season.

Colts @ Bills
    Rams @ Seahawks
    Buccaneers @ Washington
    Ravens @ Titans
    Bears @ Saints
    Browns @ Steelers

Browns Steelers at that hour is an absolute ballache.

Even more so now that I have a job interview on Monday morning! FFS!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I know... I know... but still!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

You have to figure out what's most important to you, a critical playoff game or some job interview :pac:

adrian522 wrote: »
    You have to figure out what's most important to you, a critical playoff game or some job interview :pac:

:D:D:D:D:D

"Money can buy many peanuts..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Saturday

Colts @ Bills (6.05pm)
    Rams @ Seahawks (9.40pm)
    Buccaneers @ Washington (1.15am)

Sunday

Ravens @ Titans (6.05pm)
    Bears @ Saints (9.40pm)
    Browns @ Steelers (1.15am)

More confident about some of those than I am others.
    I'm hoping for a Bucs win vs the redskins, TB12 is one of my all time favorite players - up there with Favre and wilfork. Would like to see the bills win too, ever since big Kev died I've developed a soft spot for the bills once it doesnt affect NE

Ravens Titans will be a great game, two run first offenses. I expect the saints to dominate against the bears, and the steelers to pip the browns in a shootout.
    No idea really about seattle and the rams.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

170-86 for the regular season.

Colts @ Bills
    Rams @ Seahawks
    Buccaneers @ Washington
    Ravens @ Titans
    Bears @ Saints
    Browns @ Steelers

• Registered Users Posts: 39,997 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Haven’t had a single game blocked all year, have you had games blacked out on GP?

I’ve not had a single game blacked out since the new crowd took over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I’ve not had a single game blacked out since the new crowd took over.

I presumed there was a block. I’ve been paying for sky for the last 6 months unnecessarily !

I presumed there was a block. I’ve been paying for sky for the last 6 months unnecessarily !

I don’t remember any blackouts this year or last. I had Sky before that, I would not go back tbh, GP is really good, especially if you happen to live in Brazil

There is meant to be and in years past there was but gamepass was taken over by another company in 2016(I mean the nfl changed who ran it) and since then no blackouts at all.

161-95 for the regular season so let’s see how I go in the playoffs.

Colts @ Bills
    Rams @ Seahawks
    Buccaneers @ Washington

Ravens @ Titans
    Bears @ Saints
    Browns @ Steelers

Five of the six were easy enough to choose but the ravens vs Titans was one I took a couple of minutes over. I picked the Titans but I can see a reason for both teams to win. If the browns hadn’t the Covid issues I’d be picking them but it’s playoffs football so honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if they won.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Kev8360

Saturday

Colts @ Bills
    Rams @ Seahawks
    Buccaneers @ Washington

Sunday

Ravens @ Titans
    Bears @ Saints
    Browns @ Steelers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Saturday

Colts @ Bills
    Rams @ Seahawks
    Buccaneers @ Washington

Sunday

Ravens @ Titans
    Bears @ Saints
    Browns @ Steelers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,383 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I'm going to stick my neck on the line and predict that the Colts will shock Bills. I do have my doubts over Rivers when put under pressure, but the way Taylor is playing, and Hines is reliable too, their running game may be enough. There is far more pressure on the Bills to perform anyway, and surely to god this will be first week in a while that the Colts defence don't cough up personal fouls/false starts.

Have doubled that up with the WFT to beat the Bucs to put money where my mouth is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

166-90 for the regular season

Colts @ Bills
    Rams @ Seahawks
    Buccaneers @ Washington
    Ravens @ Titans
    Bears @ Saints
    Browns @ Steelers

Picks for tonight:

Buffalo, LA Rams, Tampa Bay.

I think Buffalo could be vulnerable if Indianapolis get their run game going, but even then I only see the Colts winning if Buffalo freeze (pardon the weather pun ) on the playoff stage. They have been playing so well recently, putting up 56 points on Miami when resting starters in the second half.

I don't see any way the Colts can get back in the game if they fall behind and have to abandon the run. The Bills may not cover but they will surely win.

The Rams I think can upset Seattle. I haven't liked what I've seen out of Seattle the last few weeks. This could be fairly defensive and low scoring. If Ramsey can put the shackles on Metcalf where does the Seattle offense go? They haven't been able to run the ball and they have struggled recently. It could go either way but I'd slightly favour the Rams.

Tampa, I could see the Washington front seven casing problems but really Tampa is putting up a minimum of 20 points. How many points are the football team offense scoring? Hard to see them getting to 20. They will need a defensive score or at a minimum some short fields. Ultimately the Buccs defense is too good and the Washington offense is too bad.

My weekend punt...

Bills -6.5
    Seattle -3.5
    Washing +8.5
    Ravens -3
    Saints -9.5
    Steelers -5.5

47/1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Hate to be boring and pick the favourites but though there are 3 really interesting games I see the favourites just doing enough.

Colts @ Bills - Bills and Allen looking too good recently and Colts lack of depth and Rivers will hurt them as the game goes on.
    Rams @ Seahawks - Nearly went for the Rams but can't go against Wilson creating enough magic to win one playoff game and them doing something to get Metcalf away from Ramsey.
    Buccaneers @ Washington - Easy Bucs win, WFT defense will hurry Brady a bit early but they have no offense.
    Ravens @ Titans - Have zero faith in the Titans defense and Lamar finally puts in a performance in the playoffs with the Ravens not falling behind early.
    Bears @ Saints - Saints will win but Bears to give them a bit of a scare (enough to keep Nagy and Trubisky around another year).
    Browns @ Steelers - Browns made last week too hard despite playing a weaker team and having their coaches there. Baker to play poorly and be one of talking points on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Happy playoffs folks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Stupid small bet onBills,Seattle Seahawks, Tampa Bay Buccaneers,Tennessee Titans,New Orleans Saints and Cleveland Browns

Rivers arm is looking like shít

That looked ominous from Buffalo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

That was class :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Kev8360

Its a good thing they are playing the same team as last week. Game plan should not be too different. If they win though it will be a big achievement

Advertisement