Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL 2020 Season Playoffs - Wildcard Weekend

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭cosatron

Lionbacker wrote: »
    Looks like Reich going for 7 rather than a FG in the 1st half, turned out to cost them in the end.

Yea and the missed field goal aswell and 4 dropped catches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Lionbacker wrote: »
    Looks like Reich going for 7 rather than a FG in the 1st half, turned out to cost them in the end.

It definitely did. As did going for the 2PT rather than knocking over the extra point. And Blankenship hitting the post from a field goal attempt. So fecking annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Nice shout out to Kevin Cadle there on Sky.

That game was a great start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭letowski

Tough loss for us. Bills have a better team than us, but on the day the Colts had plenty of chances to win.

I'm not totally against ging for it on 4th and goal, in hindsight, it was costly but we probably needed to go for things like that going into the game. The jump offsides on 4th down before half team on defense was a killer. We also missed another FG too.

Dissapointed, but a solid season by the Colts all in all. Bills are a good team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

letowski wrote: »
    Tough loss for us. Bills have a better team than us, but on the day the Colts had plenty of chances to win.

I'm not totally against ging for it on 4th and goal, in hindsight, it was costly but we probably needed to go for things like that going into the game. The jump offsides on 4th down before half team on defense was a killer. We also missed another FG too.

Dissapointed, but a solid season by the Colts all in all. Bills are a good team.

Hard luck, was only half watching in the background as I am supposed to be at a conference via zoom (great benefit of Covid: you can watch football and technically still be at the conference, though you're paying attention to neither). Looks like Colts acquitted themselves very well given how many people wrote them off. Very frustrating to lose on bad decision making and missed kicks. I'm glad to see the Colts in a playoff all the same, when they lost Luck I thought they would struggle hugely. Hope they can build towards next year now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Evening everyone.

Missed the first game, but in for the long haul tonight.

Bonnie Situation, follow your heart, you know what you have to do!

Good luck on Monday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,299 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

We will see how good that thumb of Jared goffs is because the starting QB took a hit.

That was some wallop Wolford took.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Buffalo had a 2nd & 33 earlier, now Seattle had 2nd & 34, mad

Not a huge fan of the Rams, but I do love watching Aaron Donald play. Seahawks backed up to the 1!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭cosatron

His some player. The best lineman I've ever seen

cosatron wrote: »
    His some player. The best lineman I've ever seen

Yeah, i don't remember any that were as great against both run and pass. I stand to be corrected though. Memory isn't what it used to be.

Did Aikman say he didn't see much there? The defender sold out on interference and Lockett still caught it!

Great catch.

Yeah, i don't remember any that were as great against both run and pass. I stand to be corrected though. Memory isn't what it used to be.

Reggie white wasn’t a slouch.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Reggie white wasn’t a slouch.

Great call, and he was dominant for a long time too. Didn't he start in the USFL too?

Great call, and he was dominant for a long time too. Didn't he start in the USFL too?

He did. The team in Memphis.

Oh the Seahawks aren’t happy.

Ha we just mentioned Reggie white and then he’s mentioned on the Fox broadcast.

Chip shot for Myers.

Thought the Seahawks might have went for it there, the Rams might be in trouble on offense.

Ha! Great snag by Kupp, off a pretty poor throw.

I want to watch a good game, but part of me wants to see Hekkar at QB. Just a little part of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Great interception.

Finally a bit of excitement.

Great play by Williams, really sold out on that.
    Not sure I've ever seen a CB split the blocker and receiver like that. Very nice play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

A pick 6 off a WR screen.

Great read from the Rams there.

DK Metcalf getting frustrated drew too much attention to himself maybe.

Pick six for the rams so it’s 13-3 rams with 6:40 left in the first half. Dk metcalfe is a great player but he might do better of not effing and blinding in the sideline.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Kev8360

In a tight game that could be a huge play on the pick 6. Can’t see too many TDs scored against either defense

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

You'll be surprised to hear that I'm not a HOF QB but I can't agree with Aikman there that there wasn't a risk of an INT from Wilson. Surely 3 WRs bunched together and not moving puts the CB in a position to try to be more aggressive to make a play on the ball, as you're not worried about someone getting away from you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Well that shows me.

Metcalf and Wilson improvise very well for the TD

And just like that DK metcalf shows why he’s so good. More of that and less yapping on the sideline.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Kev8360

Poor challenge there

• Advertisement

Must be infuriating for a defense. That's what makes a QB like Wilson so dangerous. The ability to lengthen the play, throw on the run, improvise.

Great to have a qb that can run a "system" , but QBs that can do that can undo the best of defenses.

Advertisement