Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL 2020 Season Playoffs - Wildcard Weekend

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Even when the score was 14-0, it was a place the Steelers didn't want to be as it allows the Browns to run it all they want and give Baker an easy ride. At 28-0 it looks like it'll be a very early night

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I know there's a long way to go, but so far this is reminding me of the Germany Brazil World Cup semi final in 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Absolutely freak quarter, you could play it again 100 times and you wouldn’t come close to this outcome.

Browns will just run it out from here. Even if Pittsburgh play a perfect game I just don’t say a way back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Even when the score was 14-0, it was a place the Steelers didn't want to be as it allows the Browns to run it all they want and give Baker an easy ride. At 28-0 it looks like it'll be a very early night

I want to soak it all in though.
    I know there's a long way to go, but so far this is reminding me of the Germany Brazil World Cup semi final in 2014.

That's exactly the feeling here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

If you’d have given me 100 guesses as to how the first quarter in the browns and Steelers game would have gone I’d never have said they be 28-0 up.

And it's glorious!

Sorry HB!

It’s your missus that’s a browns fan not you BS. I think I’m right in that.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It’s your missus that’s a browns fan not you BS. I think I’m right in that.

Yeah. I'm a Bronco.

But I always have a fatalistic love/soft spot for the ****show teams with history. And GB.

So naturally the Bills and Browns runs this year are dovetailing nicely with the dumpster fire in Mile High for me!

The high snaps from the centre and long and long snapper for the Steelers isn’t good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

What a weak decision to punt from there.

Down 28-0 you need to be aggressive, even this early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭golfball37

Everyone has a soft spot for the Browns. Delighted to see them get joy over Pittsburgh and lay the play off ghost in one go.

Kansas won’t have it easy against them either.

Yeah. I'm a Bronco.

But I always have a fatalistic love/soft spot for the ****show teams with history. And GB.

So naturally the Bills and Browns runs this year are dovetailing nicely with the dumpster fire in Mile High for me!

That’s it. Fatalistic my arse you want to keep the peace at home by rooting for the browns. We’ve all been there. Keep the peace.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Everyone has a soft spot for the Browns. Delighted to see them get joy over Pittsburgh and lay the play off ghost in one go.

That’s true because the Browns had a rich history in the nfl and were shafted by art modell.

Oh FFS

The browns are getting all the breaks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭mooreman09

The browns are getting all the breaks.

Nooooo.... Pittsburgh are underprepared and underperforming.

The Brown's aren't.

This is simple.

• Advertisement

That’s it. Fatalistic my arse you want to keep the peace at home by rooting for the browns. We’ve all been there. Keep the peace.

She only likes the Browns be cause I made her watch NFL when we started seeing each other and they were shít but she liked the brown and orange combo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Everyone has a soft spot for the Browns.

for sure, I'm cheering here like I'm a Cleveland native

Not a hope, Kansas will destroy them. The fairytale ends here

mooreman09 wrote: »
    Nooooo.... Pittsburgh are underprepared and underperforming.

The Brown's aren't.

This is simple.

Yep. Absolutely pathetic performance from Pittsburgh, probably looking ahead to next week. Browns have not had to work for any of those score really.

Oh FFS

You're some man for keeping at it

crazy how bookies still have teh Steelers at 10/1 to win. betfair exchange anyway

• Advertisement

You're some man for keeping at it

You’d hope to make it respectable anyway. Browns might start resting a few lads at this stage :)

Yep. Absolutely pathetic performance from Pittsburgh, probably looking ahead to next week. Browns have not had to work for any of those score really.

Maybe the browns haven’t had to work hard so far but they’ve taken advantage of the opportunities they’ve had.

She only likes the Browns be cause I made her watch NFL when we started seeing each other and they were shít but she liked the brown and orange combo.

There have been worse reasons to like a team.

Maybe the browns haven’t had to work hard so far but they’ve taken advantage of the opportunities they’ve had.

Absolutely, they’ve executed well. It’s an epic capitulation from the Steelers for the most part though

There have been worse reasons to like a team.

I got gifted a t-shirt with the SI cover below image on it in summer 98 when a friend came back from Orlando:

denver-broncos-qb-john-elway-super-bowl-xxxii-february-02-1998-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg

That's how tenuous my initial foray into NFL support was. Before that I used to always pick GB in Madden.

I got gifted a t-shirt with the SI cover below image on it in summer 98 when a friend came back from Orlando:

denver-broncos-qb-john-elway-super-bowl-xxxii-february-02-1998-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg

That's how tenuous my initial foray into NFL support was. Before that I used to always pick GB in Madden.

The reasons I follow the eagles is partly because of the Rocky movies and partly because my aunt spent a few summers in the US and stayed in philly and I’ve more than a few postcard from Philadelphia addressed to me with the Liberty bell on them.

Okay that’s me out. 35-7 at half time. I watched the first half at least.

If the Steelers win 42-38 I will hunt you down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

35-10 :) The last 35-10 ht score i remember was the superbowl in 1987, was 10-0 Denver at the end of the first quarter, and 35-10 Washington at half time, ended 42-10.Doug Williams was the quarterback, the first black quarterback to win a superbowl. One of the questions he was asked on a media day was, Mr Williams, how long have you been a black quarterback?

If the Steelers win 42-38 I will hunt you down!

Do sure. I’ll be here BS. It’s not happening.

• Advertisement

35-10 :) The last 35-10 ht score i remember was the superbowl in 1987, was 10-0 Denver at the end of the first quarter, and 35-10 Washington at half time, ended 42-10.Doug Williams was the quarterback, the first black quarterback to win a superbowl. One of the questions he was asked on a media day was, Mr Williams, how long have you been a black quarterback?

Okay sorry 35-10. Unless the browns go fulll on browns they aren’t losing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Okay sorry 35-10. Unless the browns go fulll on browns they aren’t losing.

But it is still 4 scores, 25 points is an almost insurmountable defecit.

But it is still 4 scores, 25 points is an almost insurmountable defecit.

I know it is but it’s the Cleveland browns. Anyway I’m clocking out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Why not go for two there and make it a TD and FG between them? To leave a 12 point gap seems odd.

Imagine if Pouncey had just snapped that first ball like a normal Center does on every single NFL play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Morrison J wrote: »
    Why not go for two there and make it a two score game? Odd.

It is a two score game? 35-23

Another TD for the Steelers would be great for the last quarter.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    It is a two score game? 35-23

Another TD for the Steelers would be great for the last quarter.

Didn't word that right, meant why not make it an 11 score game so a FG and a TD can level it? Forced themselves to need two TD's by keeping 12 pts between them.

Didn't word that right, meant why not make it an 11 score game so a FG and a TD can level it? Forced themselves to need two TD's by keeping 12 pts between them.

I guess they've back themselves momentum wise to get those two TDs, ball back in Ben's hands now already.

Steelers should've gone for that, bizarre.

• Advertisement

I guess they've back themselves momentum wise to get those two TDs, ball back in Ben's hands now already.

If they can't even back themselves to move the ball a yard I don't think this theory holds up to be fair.

Tomlin has made a total balls of this. Horrible clock management at the end of the half giving the Browns time to score a TD, went for 2 when they didn't need it, didn't go for 2 when it made sense to do it and down 12 with the Browns on the ropes they punt on 4th and 1 at midfield. Mental stuff.

If they can't even back themselves to move the ball a yard I don't think this theory holds up to be fair.

Yep, I can't believe they didn't go for it on 4th and 1. And they got punished straight away. Tomlin's justification will be interesting afterwards.

Yep, I can't believe they didn't go for it on 4th and 1. And they got punished straight away. Tomlin's justification will be interesting afterwards.

Crazy decision, I would not expect any meaningful justification beyond the usual Tomlin speak

Oof, quality throw and catch there. That was nice.

Aaaaaand that's the game.

Really enjoyable weekend of football.

• Advertisement

thank god the browns didn't f it up.

jesus i'm wrecked after 6 games. did pretty much nothing else all weekend

Hard to begrudge Cleveland that win. Best wishes to them for the rest of the postseason. I don’t give them much hope in Arrowhead next weekend but that’s a serious win tonight.

Some serious introspection required in Pittsburgh

thank god the browns didn't f it up.

jesus i'm wrecked after 6 games. did pretty much nothing else all weekend

That's me every weekend from September on!

Unreal game. Delighted I stayed up for it.

Hard to begrudge Cleveland that win. Best wishes to them for the rest of the postseason. I don’t give them much hope in Arrowhead next weekend but that’s a serious win tonight.

Some serious introspection required in Pittsburgh

KC should definitely have too much for them, but they're playing with house money now.

Night lads!

• Advertisement
Advertisement